5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

First Kloogy... Now me... Pic's of my accident :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Blkmax95c
My lawyer called me today and told me that "I have received your police report, and i read the witnesses report, and the witness basicly sealed the deal... you have nothing to worry about." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay!! now i am all set! i am going to go and get some ciropratic (sp?) care, and get my back feeling good again, and i'll be good!!!! yay!!!

I'd just figured i'd keep you all up to date on what has happened.

-Chris
good to hear
Old 10-07-2004, 01:59 PM

I'm not believing that you need medical attention for that crash.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Maxima Pilot

Man, that sucks green donkey dongs....sorry to hear that!

As to the 'fault' thing, check the driver's ed manual for your state...at least here in Oregon and in other states, the manual clearly states that in an intersection that is lacking stop signs or other signs that determine which lane/vehicle has the right of way, the vehicle coming from the right has the right of way.

In other words, the vehicle coming from the left (the lady) needed to yield to you as u were coming from the right....

Good luck
Old 10-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Bucket
I'm not believing that you need medical attention for that crash.

actually, yes, i do. I have a bad back from a previous accident which was never fully healed. now, i live my life having to worry about anything i do which may harm my back. any little thing can bother my back, anything from working/washing my car, or even just standing too long. it really s ucks being this way at such a young age, and i regret the day of my previous accident. i hate to imagine how i turn out when i get older.

and just a word of thought... maybe you shouldn't assume the worst in people.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:24 PM

ahhh..... that should buff right out.

j/k, was told the same thing when i posted about my car.....a couple of months and a couple of $K, good as new, w/ better paint (http://www.cardomain.com/id/roymac)
Old 10-07-2004, 05:24 PM

man that sucks glad youre ok. sorry bout the car.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:52 PM
unstoppablenick

what kind of f'd up intersection is that..no yields or stops for your direction or hers?? from your pic you were already out in the intersection..so what would the cop have wanted you to do..put it in reverse when you saw her coming up to her part of the intersection...

Old 10-07-2004, 06:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ooooo man... i remember that thread... your car was pretty messed up. i like the bubbles though... at least you can make a joke about it! whats been up since you got in the accident? did you get it fix/replaced?

Originally Posted by Dr. Roy
ahhh..... that should buff right out.

j/k, was told the same thing when i posted about my car.....a couple of months and a couple of $K, good as new, w/ better paint (http://www.cardomain.com/id/roymac)

unstoppablenick -- i know, it was a weird intersection. and i go through it 2-3 times everyday for the last 4 years. heck, i even jumped the curb just to avoid her.. i can only imagine if i didn't what my would look like... i am just glad i know for sure i am all set.

maybe i will get a turbo with the extra money i get..

-chris
Old 10-07-2004, 06:57 PM

ooooo man... i remember that thread... your car was pretty messed up. i like the bubbles though... at least you can make a joke about it! whats been up since you got in the accident? did you get it fix/replaced?
well i didnt have collision, i got $10k from the other guys ins, all his policy was worth, w/o going after him personaly. And with six non english speaking mexicans crammed in a POS 91 accord, just didnt see a big payout if i sued the guy. I couldnt replace it w/ that $$ so the car sat in a body shop that a friends of mine father owned.

Exept for the airbags he took care of all the work the car needed for $10K, and since there was more than more than $10K in damage, it got put on the back burner when other work came in. 4 months later - good as new, w/ a much better paint job than i started with.

also put an awsome set of 18" rims on when it was done, but w/in 3 months i had one rim w/ cracks leaking air, two weeks later blew out a tire and destroyed another rim, so im back to stock 17s w/ a huge gash from the accident. all in all though the cars doing alright.

well best of luck w/ your situation and a speedy recovery from your injurys.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:18 PM

actually, yes, i do. I have a bad back from a previous accident which was never fully healed. now, i live my life having to worry about anything i do which may harm my back. any little thing can bother my back, anything from working/washing my car, or even just standing too long. it really s ucks being this way at such a young age, and i regret the day of my previous accident. i hate to imagine how i turn out when i get older.

and just a word of thought... maybe you shouldn't assume the worst in people.
Well, I try not to assume the worst, but by the looks of the damage it was pretty minor impact. Just for frame of reference, my 60yoa Mom was in a crash this spring. Drunk in a Dodge ram vs. her in an Acura 3.2TL. T-bone at appox 20 mph impact. Much worse damage to her car than yours. She was a little stiff the next day. She has lots of health problems including a bad back and neck.

With all of that said, I realize that all crashes are different, and that you could have been injured due to your previous injury. If I've wrongly accused you, I apologize.

Buck