5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My driver side radiator fan isn't working.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2001, 09:05 PM
RBa

I noticed last week that the motor fell out of place. I went to the dealer today to have it checked out and guess what?!! Some stupid moron stuck a box cutter inbetween the radiator and the fan which caused the motor to short and fall out of place.... I'm guessing it's the guys at the shop where I get my oil change but why would they stick a box cutter in there? Why do they need a box cutter to change oils? I'm really puzzled......
Old 04-11-2001, 09:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by RBa
I noticed last week that the motor fell out of place. I went to the dealer today to have it checked out and guess what?!! Some stupid moron stuck a box cutter inbetween the radiator and the fan which caused the motor to short and fall out of place.... I'm guessing it's the guys at the shop where I get my oil change but why would they stick a box cutter in there? Why do they need a box cutter to change oils? I'm really puzzled......
box cutter? like a blade or something? maybe they try to cut the "boxed" oil filter? Since u going to get ur fan replaced, I would test the fan at high speed and make sure that the motor of the fan is balanced...I had it replaced one time and guess they put a bad one in there....it made loud noise and console shake at high speed....

make sure that the squared heat sink of ur radiator is not ruined....
Old 04-11-2001, 11:17 PM
RBa

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]

make sure that the squared heat sink of ur radiator is not ruined....
I think it alreay is.....
My car is ****ed up really bad... I have so many problems with it... 1st brakes... 2nd engine mount, now this. What else is next? New Tranny? I'm thinking of getting a Honda and joining the honda forums......JK
I never had this many problems when I had the 4th gen...
Old 04-12-2001, 03:01 AM

Originally posted by RBa

I think it alreay is.....
My car is ****ed up really bad... I have so many problems with it... 1st brakes... 2nd engine mount, now this. What else is next? New Tranny? I'm thinking of getting a Honda and joining the honda forums......JK
I never had this many problems when I had the 4th gen...
Don't laugh, my tranny was already replaced. My brakes have been cut once and there worped again and my motor mount squeaks when I shut off my motor. I am just hoping that nothing else goes wrong.
Old 04-12-2001, 05:21 AM
Thump

I think the second fan only comes on at a certain temp which is above the first one. I have never seen the second one come on in my car.

Old 04-12-2001, 06:33 AM
RBa

Don't assume anything yourself...

Hogan!!!! Why are you always on my case? Why da **** would I be working with a razor under the hood?....... I know it wasn't me b/c I got a clear memory of where, when and what I do to my car. The one time I worked on my car was when I installed the Stillen intake. Why would I need a boxcutter to install that?
The only time I had my car in the shop was when I was lowering it and this was done at Advance Autosports... I doubt they used a boxcutter as one of the tools to install springs. Could've been my dealer since they installed a custom alarm but I'm also suspecting Sparkles Carwash b/c that's the only place where I go to get my oilchange Or who knows?
I visited over 20 mechanics within my 5 years of driving & I have to admit...........
Alot of these Korean ****wadd mechanics in Flushing are greeneyed and are known to screw around with your car because they think you'll come back to have it fixxed. Maybe that's what someone did to my car....
Old 04-12-2001, 07:03 AM
RBa

Ouch......

Good thing I took it out yesterday....... Besides, it's at Star getting fixed along with the engine mount right now.
I have to admit that there are some honest mechanics out there but there's more greedy than honest. Like Empire.. Those ****en jerks.... One of these days, I'm gonna take my tekk and just get triggerhappy on them.