5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2k3 TE NAVI HLSD question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

2k3 TE NAVI HLSD question...

How hard is to find a Titanium ed maxima 6spd with HLSD and NAVI?

Thanks,
Alfonso
Old 10-12-2004, 05:41 PM
The Definitive AE Master

should be hard just trying to find a TE edition in manual form
Old 10-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Need A Light?

very very rare.....i have never seen any in my lifetime of searching for 5.5 gens....the closest i've seen was a 2k2 fully loaded 6spd navi HLSD but no TE (TE never came out in 2k2 anyway)......and that was not for sale iirc....it was on some guy's website....he use to be a frequent poster on the .org but i dunno where he went now....i think his name is Greg.....he bought that car brand new btw

hey 1fstmax how are those pzero neros holding up? are you considering wanli tires after u wear out those neros?
Old 10-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Maxima addiction cured w/ the GS pill

Navi? Who needs navi?!? We have maps and a good sense of direction.
Yea, that is a VERY rare combo.
I found a LOADED 6-speed 2k2 w/ navi at the CarMax dealer yesterday, but it had no HLSD!
It had 60K miles and they were asking $16,900.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:57 AM

It took me 6 months of looking just to get a 6 speed... and when it arrived, it was the rarest of the rare; 6 speed, ALL options including TE, HLSD, and Nav. I just wish I had all the CDs!
Old 10-13-2004, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Barc
It took me 6 months of looking just to get a 6 speed... and when it arrived, it was the rarest of the rare; 6 speed, ALL options including TE, HLSD, and Nav. I just wish I had all the CDs!

the "unicorn" of maximas......
Old 10-13-2004, 04:50 AM

I agree. RARE! Like I said, 6 months of waiting but it was worth it.

Someone may know the car since I don't think there were many like it (if any). It was originally from Maryland and has, like I say, all options and the original window sticker came with the car... just no CDs for the Nav.

Good luck on your search for the TE, Nav, & HLSD. They looked to be special order cars for the most part so it will probably have the Meridian Package, mud flaps, etc (basically, every option) on it... and expect to pay a premium!
Old 10-13-2004, 05:10 AM
It's business time.

It probably would be the greatest stock Maxima ever, IMHO.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:54 AM
Play with my balls

took me about a year to find mine.
HSLD
SE/TE
more importantly.....Black on Black
Fully loaded, and I didn't want the navi, and found one without it.
found another one at the same time in boston, but stupid dealership didn't disclose that it was wrecked, so i drove all the way to pick it up after everything was signed and done. threw the keys back at them and said.....i don't want this Piece of Sheit......I about reached across the desk and ripped the manager's throat out i was so mad at them for lying to me.......sorry ot, but i ended up getting the one i have now for less and about 12k miles less also.....bought it at 17k miles.

lucky me, lucky find.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
took me about a year to find mine.
HSLD
SE/TE
more importantly.....Black on Black
Fully loaded, and I didn't want the navi, and found one without it.
found another one at the same time in boston, but stupid dealership didn't disclose that it was wrecked, so i drove all the way to pick it up after everything was signed and done. threw the keys back at them and said.....i don't want this Piece of Sheit......I about reached across the desk and ripped the manager's throat out i was so mad at them for lying to me.......sorry ot, but i ended up getting the one i have now for less and about 12k miles less also.....bought it at 17k miles.

lucky me, lucky find.
was that at the place in cohasset? and it had like 36k miles. they said they sold it to someone in NC then they backed out on it and couldnt do anything w/the car because it wasnt legally their car or some crap like that. and it could of possibly taken a while before the car can go back up for sale caus of the person who "bought it" hasnt done anything. story seemed to have some holes in it.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sorry that I don't know the terminology, but what is hsld?
Old 10-13-2004, 08:23 AM
The Definitive AE Master

HLSD - helical limitied slip differential. Please search on google next time. And go to www.howstuffworks.com to read up about it
Old 10-13-2004, 09:32 AM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by stevay
was that at the place in cohasset? and it had like 36k miles. they said they sold it to someone in NC then they backed out on it and couldnt do anything w/the car because it wasnt legally their car or some crap like that. and it could of possibly taken a while before the car can go back up for sale caus of the person who "bought it" hasnt done anything. story seemed to have some holes in it.

HELLLLLLLL YES!!!! that was me......those idiots made me so mad!! they couldn't sell the car cause it was sold to me already. my friend drove me 18 hours from Charlotte, NC to go pick it up. all i had to do was slap a tag on it and go!!! so the sales guy was trying to rush me out of there as soon as I got there, and I was like...no way dude. I haven't even seen the car except for pictures and i took their word on it and bought it. lucky me i didn't drive off without inspecting it.

I worked at a dealership for over 5 years and i knew exactly what to look for. the car was repainted and had been in an accident regardless of the fact that carfax didn't report anything. the point was they lied to me about that and about knowing how to look for things like that cause their mechanic didn't have that ability.......BBBBBSSSSSS! of course the mechanic didn't know, it's the buyer that goes to these dealer auctions that needs to know how to look for things like that.

anyways, the fender bolts had been turned, and was not aligned with the hood and door jams, and bumper. so that concludes that for what ever reason the passenger side fender was removed. there was paint on the rubber seals around the front and rear passenger door window trim......the factory doesn't do this crappy of a job painting a car, plus they paint the shell first anyways before putting the rest together. the edges of the hood, fender, doors on the passenger side were all very rough. factory paint covers the entire part when they spray, this means that the body shop can't get their paint gun around those edges well enough to get a smooth finish. lastly the doors had fisheyes in the paint, which means their paint booth was not 100% free of particles and dust. fish eyes are caused through the drying process when little particles fall on the paint while drying.

they sarcastically asked if i was an expert and it pissed me off to the point where i just wanted to pound them......you don't need to be an expert to have experience with something and to have common sense on what is right and what is wrong.

at anyrate, they kept bs'ing with the dmv in nc to get their taxes back, then they said they would reimburse me for my time and trip. over 300.00 bucks later, 5 months, and calls to their finance chick EVERY 4 Days, they finally gave me less than half of my trip.....about 140.00. i just wanted to settle and get this crap over with and out of my name.

so on my way back from there, stopped in jersey and looked at this other one i found in the trader, and went through the approval process and paperwork after 2 more months without a car. needless to say i'm much happier with this one, and feel bad for whoever bought the one in cohassett. my roommate is an attorney, and i was ready for whatever crap they tried to pull!

sorry so long.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
HELLLLLLLL YES!!!! that was me......those idiots made me so mad!! they couldn't sell the car cause it was sold to me already. my friend drove me 18 hours from Charlotte, NC to go pick it up. all i had to do was slap a tag on it and go!!! so the sales guy was trying to rush me out of there as soon as I got there, and I was like...no way dude. I haven't even seen the car except for pictures and i took their word on it and bought it. lucky me i didn't drive off without inspecting it.

I worked at a dealership for over 5 years and i knew exactly what to look for. the car was repainted and had been in an accident regardless of the fact that carfax didn't report anything. the point was they lied to me about that and about knowing how to look for things like that cause their mechanic didn't have that ability.......BBBBBSSSSSS! of course the mechanic didn't know, it's the buyer that goes to these dealer auctions that needs to know how to look for things like that.

anyways, the fender bolts had been turned, and was not aligned with the hood and door jams, and bumper. so that concludes that for what ever reason the passenger side fender was removed. there was paint on the rubber seals around the front and rear passenger door window trim......the factory doesn't do this crappy of a job painting a car, plus they paint the shell first anyways before putting the rest together. the edges of the hood, fender, doors on the passenger side were all very rough. factory paint covers the entire part when they spray, this means that the body shop can't get their paint gun around those edges well enough to get a smooth finish. lastly the doors had fisheyes in the paint, which means their paint booth was not 100% free of particles and dust. fish eyes are caused through the drying process when little particles fall on the paint while drying.

they sarcastically asked if i was an expert and it pissed me off to the point where i just wanted to pound them......you don't need to be an expert to have experience with something and to have common sense on what is right and what is wrong.

at anyrate, they kept bs'ing with the dmv in nc to get their taxes back, then they said they would reimburse me for my time and trip. over 300.00 bucks later, 5 months, and calls to their finance chick EVERY 4 Days, they finally gave me less than half of my trip.....about 140.00. i just wanted to settle and get this crap over with and out of my name.

so on my way back from there, stopped in jersey and looked at this other one i found in the trader, and went through the approval process and paperwork after 2 more months without a car. needless to say i'm much happier with this one, and feel bad for whoever bought the one in cohassett. my roommate is an attorney, and i was ready for whatever crap they tried to pull!

sorry so long.
weird how you are on here. heh. when i went there that car was right in the front of the lot and the doors were unlocked...i opened it and just took a seat in it and that was it...i didnt bother to look around at it since it was already sold. I went there w/my brother since he is a good haggler and knows more of what to look for when buying a car. he knows more then the sales guy and the sales guy was treating him as if he was an idiot.ugh.
anyways this is OT
BTW which salesperson took care of you? it wasnt mike shea was it?

On topic : yes it is hard to find a TE 6spd w/navi.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:25 AM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by stevay
weird how you are on here. heh. when i went there that car was right in the front of the lot and the doors were unlocked...i opened it and just took a seat in it and that was it...i didnt bother to look around at it since it was already sold. I went there w/my brother since he is a good haggler and knows more of what to look for when buying a car. he knows more then the sales guy and the sales guy was treating him as if he was an idiot.ugh.
anyways this is OT
BTW which salesperson took care of you? it wasnt mike shea was it?

On topic : yes it is hard to find a TE 6spd w/navi.

Mike Shea......my favorite sales person!!!! When I told him I didn't want it and explained furiously what was wrong with it. He cussed me out, and said....."***** IT then if you don't want it, I'll take your DAMMMM tags off and you can go!" He needs a good !!!!!
The owner Rich, was the one that promised to pay for my trip. But the finance broad was the one that negotiated with me the whole time. Do your own work man, don't pawn it off on someone else.

Yeah, I told them that if they don't clear this up they were going to be ridiculed badly on this board, and I was about to call the Attorney General on them.

Can you sense my animosity?
Old 10-13-2004, 01:09 PM

I think I can honestly say I have never seen a 2k2-2k3 with Navi before. I see TE's here and there but never have I seen a Max with Navi yet. I think your better off with just finding a TE w/HLSD and put in an aftermarket unit like the Pioneer AVIC1 or something.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:15 PM
Play with my balls

sorry about jacking your thread 1fstmax........get everything except navi if you can find it, and put in your own navi. that's what i'm doing.......plus my bose cuts in and out on the left side, so you'd want to change that out anyways.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:38 AM

I have to admit, I was a little down when I found out that my Nav system used 9 seperate CDs and they cost something like $120 retail from Nissan. Oh well, its not like I "ordered" it with that option, just picked it up used after requesting an 5.5 gen, used, with at least a 6 speed and leather and that one was the first one they came across in good condition.

Were I going with an aftermarket Nav system, I would say look at the DVD based ones and not the CD based ones. DVD = 1 disc, no changing. CD (like the 03 has) = 9 CDs, possibly changing one before you get to your destination and losing your route info and basically being a pain at times. But it is fun to play with the AC and stuff with a touch screen!

Just my 2 cents...
Old 10-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'll take my 6 disc in dash CD player over the Navi anyday. Besides, maps are cheap and very effective.lol
Old 10-16-2004, 11:46 PM
will fly for food

i've never even seen an 02/03 with navi (in person)... 6mt or auto... very very rare.