5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

is it worth the money???

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 05:33 AM

is it worth the money???

ok i'm kinda in a slump here. I don't know weather or not to buy a set of hot shot headers or not. I have the intake and what not. I know about cars and the aspect of how more air = more hp. Soooo, it makes sense to get them yes?? well if i'm going to drop close to 600 dollars on something it had better be worth it. Anyone have headers on their car that can vouche for the effectiveness of them. Please let me know.

P.s. working on getting pictures of my car on soon.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:12 AM

I would say no, but it really depends how much your car and money is worth to you. I will say that most people, when they get older, look back and regret all the money they poured into their vehicle.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:27 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by SkoorbMax
I would say no, but it really depends how much your car and money is worth to you. I will say that most people, when they get older, look back and regret all the money they poured into their vehicle.
I've been modding Maximas since I was 18, still no regrets. . . .

I too am looking at headers, but from what I've read on here, Cattman is the way to go.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I went with cattman. Great product and excellent service. The quality is first rate too. I got a difference in 30 hp increase in a couple area in my powerband.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:52 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

ive got a different year but i have no regrets on getting the hotshot. i got in at an introductory price and they fit my 01 almost as well as the 02 for which they were designed. only issue i had was with an o2 sensor's location which was later easily addressed but 02's do not have that problem. no issues to speak of as of yet and they definetely make power and drop a few pounds at the same time.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:33 PM
mjg

The opinion i give you is mine. I can only value something i paid for, and have recieved enjoyment out of relative to the price i paid.

In that sense, yes they are totally worth it, to me.

I love how they sound, the car feels more powerful up top, and it gave me what i expected and wanted.

The hotshot headers are a great deal, and though cattman at 300 premium may be alot better according to many here, i still feel the hotshots shouldn't be overlooked. I can't give you a bad thing to say abou tthem, relocating the 02 sensors is part of the header thing to begin with, and that's not a complaint about the hotshots in particular.

BTW, i still don't know how people on a maxima enthusiast website can discourage mods. I'm sure he has the means to get them, and didnt ask them if the idea of modding was OK, but wants to know if the expectations we had were met by the product itself.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:54 AM

I take into consideration all aspects of modding. I am only 21 and have been around cars my whole life. I started with the love of american muscle and the hatred for the import. I mean it was how I was brought up. Now I am smarter and realize I was just plain stupid. I love my max and untill it does 12 seconds all motor I will keep modding. It's good to have a hobby and mine is my max. I think I am going to go ahead with my order. I can't wait to put them on and go for a test drive. Thank you all for your advice and input. It is very much appreciated. I'll let you all know what I think when I get them.

Thanks,
alfred.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by hawaiiankine
I take into consideration all aspects of modding. I am only 21 and have been around cars my whole life. I started with the love of american muscle and the hatred for the import. I mean it was how I was brought up. Now I am smarter and realize I was just plain stupid. I love my max and untill it does 12 seconds all motor I will keep modding. It's good to have a hobby and mine is my max. I think I am going to go ahead with my order. I can't wait to put them on and go for a test drive. Thank you all for your advice and input. It is very much appreciated. I'll let you all know what I think when I get them.

Thanks,
alfred.
smart man....