5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Just bought my 02 SE where I can find leather door inserts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 06:02 PM

Just bought my 02 SE where I can find leather door inserts?

I bought my 02 SE on Friday. I got the certified powertrain warranty for free. Coming from a 96 Accord 4cyl with like 140hp this car is amazing. The best thing is how smooth the engine is and how much is available any time you want it. When I effortlessly passed a sunday driver this morning I had to pinch myself to make sure it wasn't a dream. In my Accord I would had to down-shift, floor it, and tax out the engine to pass anyone.

The only thing I wish I had been able to get was leather seats. I couldn't wait any longer and couldn't find a Maxima in the right color with leather. What I would like to do is put leather seats and leather door inserts in the car. Does anyone know where I can find leather door inserts? Also, what is the best thing to do to convert from cloth seats to leather? Replace the seats all together or get leather seat covers? And where is the best place to find either?

Thanks.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:11 PM
A swift Bimmer driver

Originally Posted by albertj03
I bought my 02 SE on Friday. I got the certified powertrain warranty for free. Coming from a 96 Accord 4cyl with like 140hp this car is amazing. The best thing is how smooth the engine is and how much is available any time you want it. When I effortlessly passed a sunday driver this morning I had to pinch myself to make sure it wasn't a dream. In my Accord I would had to down-shift, floor it, and tax out the engine to pass anyone.

The only thing I wish I had been able to get was leather seats. I couldn't wait any longer and couldn't find a Maxima in the right color with leather. What I would like to do is put leather seats and leather door inserts in the car. Does anyone know where I can find leather door inserts? Also, what is the best thing to do to convert from cloth seats to leather? Replace the seats all together or get leather seat covers? And where is the best place to find either?

Thanks.
Congrats on ur '02 Max purchase... Im a '02 driver too! Absolutely love my ride! You will love it too
Old 11-21-2004, 07:10 PM
retired moderator

The door inserts aren't REAL leather, they're "pleather" ....you should be able to special order them from a dealer fairly cheap since they're not real leather....
Old 11-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

There was a Group Deal a while back in the group deal forum for leatherseats.com interiors. Honestly I would go that route if my car hadn't of come with leather. Check out the site, they can do just about anything you want.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I had Classic Soft Trim do the leather in my 03 (wanted an SE with leather, sunroof, and nothing else), and so far it's been great. They replaced one panel that had defective stitching by replacing the entire seat cover, and have in general provided great service.

The seats look great and are comfortable (but see if you can have them skip the logo on the back of the seats - if I'd known about it, I would have). They take the entire cloth cover off the seats, and replace it with leather; they also replace the door inserts. I got the dealer cost, which was $800; other folks have ordered them off the web and done it themselves, depends on how handy you are I guess. Good luck!