Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   HP Autoworks Short Shifter (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/266800-hp-autoworks-short-shifter.html)

hpautoworks 11-30-2004 04:03 PM

HP Autoworks Short Shifter***Ready To Order***

Just wanted to say hi to everyone on the boards. Many of you guys have contacted us about a short shifter and for the last few weeks, we have been working on this project. We have recently finished our prototype short shifter for the Maxima. The bad part is our test vehicle is out of state for a month and we need another 02-03 maxima to test fit. The shifter is actually quite simple, can be installed in less than 30 minutes and should reduce by 30%. The construction is made out of aerospace grade 7075-T6 aluminum vs standard 6061-T6 aluminum so its much stronger. We have the CNC machine already setup, just need to final test and mass produce. We can have them made up in less than a week. I will post pics on here later on tonite. Email me if you guys have any questions. Our email address is hpautoworks@cox.net if you guys have any questions in the meantime. Site has been updated and ready to sell. Make a note on the comments section "Maxima.org" for sale price of 149.00 vs 179.00

Thanks

Andy- Owner HPautoworks.com

P.S we arent trying to step on any toes of other vendors, we are simply trying to fill the void of parts for the maxima. Thanks

imported_JIC_A33 11-30-2004 04:04 PM

AZ guys help out..PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you need an 02-03 NOT an 00-02

Bluesbrekr 11-30-2004 04:15 PM

This is certainly good news. Thanks Andy. There's gotta be someone close to Tempe that can provide a test car???

Triple8Sol 11-30-2004 05:16 PM

I posted in the West Coast forum as well for more exposure.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=358637

makavelisk 11-30-2004 05:35 PM

Andy just wondering do you have a ball park price on what these are going to cost

makavelisk 11-30-2004 05:40 PM

Oh yeah I also forgot to say
YOU GUYS KICK @SS
:jump: :jump:

mjg 11-30-2004 06:42 PM

+1,

although i dont see why youd need an 00, or 01 if the shfiter is for an 02-03 since they are different transmissions.

If this all works out, u got a client right here.

harmbone2k2 11-30-2004 07:31 PM

I can see that as a very popular group buy!!(hopefully the price is right) :)

hpautoworks 11-30-2004 08:31 PM

We hope to have a price of around 159.00 w/ a possible GB setup at around 139.00 or so. We will be posting more details as we move along. First things first is to get a car here to test out.

Jon610 11-30-2004 08:34 PM

http://hpautoworks.com/nimoshshnisp.html will this one not work for our cars?? is the altima 3.5 liter tranny the same?? may be stupid question but just asking.

ynot411 11-30-2004 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by hpautoworks
Just wanted to say hi to everyone on the boards. Many of you guys have contacted us about a short shifter and for the last few weeks, we have been working on this project. We have recently finished our prototype short shifter for the Maxima. The bad part is our test vehicle is out of state for a month and we need another 00-03 maxima to test fit. The shifter is actually quite simple, can be installed in less than 30 minutes and should reduce by 30%. The construction is made out of aerospace grade 7075-T6 aluminum vs standard 6061-T6 aluminum so its much stronger. We have the CNC machine already setup, just need to final test and mass produce. We can have them made up in less than a week. I will post pics on here later on tonite. Email me if you guys have any questions. Our email address is hpautoworks@cox.net if you guys have any questions in the meantime. Thanks

Andy- Owner HPautoworks.com

P.S we arent trying to step on any toes of other vendors, we are simply trying to fill the void of parts for the maxima. Thanks

Very excited. Can't wait. Someone please get out there to test it out.

asu174 11-30-2004 09:23 PM

How long would my car be out of commission for? Does the test vehicle get a freebee?

PhxBlue 11-30-2004 09:51 PM

Good questions ASU. I was gonna ask the same. HP, please tell me you guys incorporated the reverse lock into this shifter for the 02-03 cuz we are outta luck if you didn't. ASU, hopefully you can do this, I'd be up for it but it would be hard for me to go with my wife being in the hospital. I'm definately a customer if it was done right.

hpautoworks 11-30-2004 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by asu174
How long would my car be out of commission for? Does the test vehicle get a freebee?

The car would only be down for about 20 minutes actually. Freebee......maybe not, but the donor vehicle would get the shifter for 90.00 ;)

hpautoworks 11-30-2004 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by PhxBlue
Good questions ASU. I was gonna ask the same. HP, please tell me you guys incorporated the reverse lock into this shifter for the 02-03 cuz we are outta luck if you didn't. ASU, hopefully you can do this, I'd be up for it but it would be hard for me to go with my wife being in the hospital. I'm definately a customer if it was done right.

Yes we did incorporate the reverse lock into the shifter. I promise this shfiter will be the nicest on the market. We wouldnt release something if we didnt feel it was going to be the best OR close to it. Im just kicking myself in the head for waiting this long.

PhxBlue 11-30-2004 10:10 PM

Ok good. I know of another company who F'ed up and forgot the reverse lock portion. Im kinda paranoid about it now. Id love to be your donor car, I just have to find the time.

Yes we did incorporate the reverse lock into the shifter. I promise this shfiter will be the nicest on the market. We wouldnt release something if we didnt feel it was going to be the best OR close to it. Im just kicking myself in the head for waiting this long.

hpautoworks 11-30-2004 10:12 PM

Any AZ guys that can be a donor car for a few minutes, please email me and let me know what days and times are good for you. Lets get the ball rolling on this and take it to the next level.......reality!

PhxBlue 11-30-2004 10:17 PM

Tuesday-Thursday are good for me but I have the issue with my wife in the hospital. ASU, help us out please!

PhxBlue 11-30-2004 10:57 PM

I sent you guys an e-mail.

crispykid717 11-30-2004 11:48 PM

Oh man, please let this happen. I have wanted one for so long. :ben:

MaximaMan77 12-01-2004 12:18 AM

This sounds pretty good! :)

PoLo 12-01-2004 06:18 AM

jumping in on this thread

question: in the other thread, and on the altima/sentra STS, you claim a 45% reduction in throw, yet you claim 30% for the maxima. care to elaborate on what makes it different. all 3 cars are so so similiar that it would have been a matter of just slight modification to "mount" the STS.

not looking to blaim, just looking for some details on how this STS functions. good work and thanx

jeepik 12-01-2004 08:04 AM

please make this happen,

i neeeed thiis

MaximusMorpheus 12-01-2004 09:21 AM

Yea, this would be good for a lot of people. If tested out soon, can this group deal happen before next year??

harmbone2k2 12-01-2004 10:16 AM

I am in on this one, now i may have to get the JWT flywheel...hey PHXBLUE I hope your wife is OK!

PhxBlue 12-01-2004 10:40 AM

Well guys im trying my best to help this thing turn into a reality for us. I have sent them email and left voicemail. I have found a small window to go down there today, hopefully they will get back to me soon. I'll keep trying...

P.S. Harmbone, Thanx for the well wish for my wife, she is doing ok.

MaxTX 12-01-2004 11:34 AM

I am definitely in on this...other companies are dragging their feet.

asu174 12-01-2004 11:40 AM

I work in Tempe, so just give me a time and I can be there M-F 11AM-3PM. E-mail me if you need me.

Bluesbrekr 12-01-2004 12:11 PM

Allright AZ guys!!!!!

I'll be so in on this when it's ready!

hpautoworks 12-01-2004 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by PoLo
jumping in on this thread

question: in the other thread, and on the altima/sentra STS, you claim a 45% reduction in throw, yet you claim 30% for the maxima. care to elaborate on what makes it different. all 3 cars are so so similiar that it would have been a matter of just slight modification to "mount" the STS.

not looking to blaim, just looking for some details on how this STS functions. good work and thanx

The short shifter for the maxima is not actually mounted in the console area like the sentra is. Its actually mounted at the tranny (motor). Although we would like to achieve a 45% throw, we start off at 30% and work our way up to a point where it will be ideal. If someone can show me how to attach pics on this forum, i can post pics for you guys.

Fezzik 12-01-2004 02:07 PM

The short shifter for the maxima is not actually mounted in the console area like the sentra is. Its actually mounted at the tranny (motor). Although we would like to achieve a 45% throw, we start off at 30% and work our way up to a point where it will be ideal. If someone can show me how to attach pics on this forum, i can post pics for you guys.

Guy knows what hes talkin about :D I cant wait to see this

PoLo 12-01-2004 02:41 PM

i know what you're talking about. if i'm not mistaken, you are not the first in general, but you are the first, maxima-wise....i do recall a mention of this on another car. i'll see if i can find it...if chinkzilla can chime in, he knows what i'm talking about, as he rigged something similiar on his 2k2 already and was trying to get a mass production but failed to get it that far. when he reads what you guys have done, he's gonna flip.

as far as posting pictures, just click on "go advanced" instead of typing a reply and in the new screen, you can click "insert picture" icon and then put the URL of that picture. make sure your popup blocker is shut off or it will not allow the insert picture script to run.

BeSeenWithGreen 12-01-2004 02:55 PM

GL with the testing hopefully you can increase the % a bit :)

hpautoworks 12-01-2004 04:14 PM

Test fit is setup for tomorrow at 11:30 with PhxBlue. Hopefully all goes well. We are expecting good things from this peice.

makavelisk 12-01-2004 06:13 PM

F**king Sweet :clap: :clap:
andy you are the :king:

makavelisk 12-01-2004 06:15 PM

Oh and thanks a lot PhxBlue from taking the time to get over there. I hope everything with your wife is ok.

CRBWS6 12-01-2004 07:05 PM

I'll def be interested in the GP...and if you do end up needing a test car, I am available on Saturday.....

harmbone2k2 12-01-2004 08:13 PM

good luck phxblue and HP

Eleebob7 12-01-2004 08:37 PM

Just out of curiousity, is this just the shifter or the whole thing (shifter + housing)? I always thought that replacing only the shifter causes undesired stress on ur tranny.

Deckdout2 12-01-2004 08:47 PM

Saaawweeettttt!!!!!!