Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   HP Autoworks Short Shifter (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/266800-hp-autoworks-short-shifter.html)

hpautoworks 12-03-2004 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by PhxBlue
Well people, HP did an awesome job on this thing. Throw is definately shorter and very smooth. I was very happy as I was banging through the gears going up and down the road behind HP's shop. Most noticeable to me was first to second gear. On my car stock, that throw seems to be humongous and takes forever. Now its short, quick, and pleasing. You guys are awesome over there at HP. BTW Andy, that is one sick "G" you got!!
:thumbsup:

Thanks for coming down once again. Your car is very very nice, one of the nicer maximas that i have seen.

Thanks for the props on the G35. Its getting supercharged later this month. hopefully it will work out good.

PhxBlue 12-03-2004 11:26 AM

Bottom line people is that it works and works well. It was very satisfying and worth it in my opinion. Also this is the only company on the market that has stepped up to the plate for us. If you are not sure about it then wait for someone else to produce one and spend your money there. JUST quit *****in!! I offered myself up as a guinea pig for all of us to finally have this part, lets make it a joyful experience for all of us.... BTW, Merry Christmas you buncha bastards... J/K :angel:

Bluesbrekr 12-03-2004 12:05 PM

Thanks for the info PhxBlue. And for taking the time to get it installed.

Nissan SE-R 12-03-2004 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by PhxBlue
.... BTW, Merry Christmas you buncha bastards... J/K :angel:

Just ordered mine. And a Merry Merry to you as well.

Bluesbrekr 12-03-2004 12:29 PM

Just ordered mine, too. WooHoo!!

Jon610 12-03-2004 12:38 PM

Well mine be ordered!!! So when sould be expecting to be getting the product??

HNDA ETR 12-03-2004 12:42 PM

Well now... seems like someone forgot to thank me for going to Andy's fabricator and going over the plan for getting this STS done.... ;)

We actually did review the in-car, under shifter, mechanisms, but the reverse lockout made doing it under the shifter too complex.

The method that we decided to go with is actually so simple and easy, that I'm surprised it's been so hard to get it done!

I'm actually picking up mine directly from the fabricator on Saturday... sucks that even though I worked on this with him, I didn't get the VERY first one... oh well... at least it's done!!

FYI - Andy's fabricator (hopefully I'm not telling any secret here) also designs and fabricates for a lot of companies, like Nismo... He's actually working on a VERY VERY trick STS for another Nissan car model....

hpautoworks 12-03-2004 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by HNDA ETR
Well now... seems like someone forgot to thank me for going to Andy's fabricator and going over the plan for getting this STS done.... ;)

Of course i cant forget about you also. :nod:

Derrick2k2SE 12-03-2004 04:20 PM

Quick question for HPautoworks

HP, will you be sending out confirmations for the orders received through Pay-Pal? Also, are these being shipped right away or are we waiting for them to be produced?
Thanks for putting this together for us!!! :bowdown: :mardi: :doublethu

imported_JIC_A33 12-03-2004 05:08 PM

Just ordered mine as well! I think every 6spd is going to be all over this! thanks HP for doing it and doing it so quickly! :doublethu

mdloops 12-03-2004 05:17 PM

I would order right now! BUT I am going to be buying a tein/kyb setup soon. Good job HPAutoWorks. I am wondering what SSR is planning now?

MaximaMan77 12-03-2004 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by hpautoworks
Its not that we are cheaping people out of materials or parts or anything like that. what it really came down to, was what is going to work and whats not. im sure we could have designed something that had 3-6 peices BUT does that mean its gonna work better? maybe/maybe not. The peice that we have designed is simple and bottom line......gets the job done.

I would have loved to keep the cost down like Comptech has it BUT A. we are not nearly as large of a company B. We dont have a order for 2k of them like the RSX has and C. They have actually had problems with theirs, so its actually been redisgned again. Its all about market demand and pre-orders. The Spec V shifters, we had pre-ordered over 500 of them to get the pricing that we got it for.

I dont want people to think that we are ripping anyone off.

You got me wrong. If it's functional that's all that matters not a multi piece item, that and the install is easier.
I wouldn't expect any company to do anything with the control lever. Not only would the arm need to be made but injection molding along with many other things for something that doesn't yield much preformance wise with a smaller market.

hpautoworks 12-03-2004 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Derrick2k2SE
HP, will you be sending out confirmations for the orders received through Pay-Pal? Also, are these being shipped right away or are we waiting for them to be produced?
Thanks for putting this together for us!!! :bowdown: :mardi: :doublethu

Everyone that has already ordered, has been processed. There werent any problems with any orders and those that ordered through the site, all were charged the 149.00 price. Thanks once again to everyone.

Eleebob7 12-03-2004 08:14 PM

Just ordered!

Can't wait to get it. The site didn't load though so hope I didn't inadvertantly order two. BTW. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!! :woot:

(Any idea if I got in on the first batch? or did you guys already sell all of them?)

hpautoworks 12-03-2004 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Eleebob7
Just ordered!

Can't wait to get it. The site didn't load though so hope I didn't inadvertantly order two. BTW. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!! :woot:

(Any idea if I got in on the first batch? or did you guys already sell all of them?)

Eric, the order went through fine for just 1 shifter. Thanks once again

oh yeah, you guys are all on the first shippment but there are only 15 left.

BeSeenWithGreen 12-03-2004 09:07 PM

Heya HP I ordered as well, balance came to like 179.00 or something, hope you guys can make the adjustment and give me a discount. Thanks.

PhxBlue 12-03-2004 09:13 PM

Big Muchas Gracias goes out to you brutha man! :bowdown1:

Originally Posted by HNDA ETR

We actually did review the in-car, under shifter, mechanisms, but the reverse lockout made doing it under the shifter too complex.

The method that we decided to go with is actually so simple and easy, that I'm surprised it's been so hard to get it done!

I'm actually picking up mine directly from the fabricator on Saturday... sucks that even though I worked on this with him, I didn't get the VERY first one... oh well... at least it's done!!

FYI - Andy's fabricator (hopefully I'm not telling any secret here) also designs and fabricates for a lot of companies, like Nismo... He's actually working on a VERY VERY trick STS for another Nissan car model....

hpautoworks 12-03-2004 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by BeSeenWithGreen
Heya HP I ordered as well, balance came to like 179.00 or something, hope you guys can make the adjustment and give me a discount. Thanks.

Dont worry, the site doesnt charge you at point of purchase. we adjust the prices when the order comes through.

ynot411 12-03-2004 09:23 PM

Just Ordered!

Just ordered mine. Can't wait to install it.

BeSeenWithGreen 12-03-2004 09:55 PM

Cool thanks again bro! :ben:

Eleebob7 12-03-2004 09:59 PM

Man... Can't wait to get it...

I hope this doesn't mess me up though. I got finals this week.

sooner02r1 12-04-2004 12:07 AM

Just ordered a shifter. I hope I got it in before all 30 were gone. If not will you bill my card and send me one when more are produced, or will you just cancel the order?

Phxblue, thanks for letting them test fit your car. Hope your wife is doing well. And thanks to everyone else who helped this along, I have been waiting for this for a LONG time.

hpautoworks 12-04-2004 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by sooner02r1
Just ordered a shifter. I hope I got it in before all 30 were gone. If not will you bill my card and send me one when more are produced, or will you just cancel the order?

Phxblue, thanks for letting them test fit your car. Hope your wife is doing well. And thanks to everyone else who helped this along, I have been waiting for this for a LONG time.

Order was received and under the 30. I appreciate everyone for the continued support.

crispykid717 12-04-2004 02:20 AM

Are install instructions included?

crispykid717 12-04-2004 02:29 AM

Sorry, disregard my above post. Just ordered mine. Hopefully I got in on the first run of 30?? Once again thanks HP and PhxBlue!!

kevc5 12-04-2004 03:48 AM

Instructions?

Can someone post the install instructions for this thing? I'm very curious as to how it installs so easily.

Thanks

Tac_M 12-04-2004 06:41 AM

Just ordered !!!

Ordered mine last night !!! HP RULEZ !!!! :woot:

I ordered online so I hope my card won’t get charged 180 bucks.....

Igor911 12-04-2004 07:05 AM

HP, How do I order with paypal? How much are they again and how quick is shippment?

makavelisk 12-04-2004 08:24 AM

HP just wondering but when are these going to be shipped out?? Are you going to wait until all 30 are sold or are they going to get shipped out first thing this coming week???

hpautoworks 12-04-2004 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Igor911
HP, How do I order with paypal? How much are they again and how quick is shippment?

PP address is hpautoworks@cox.net for 149.00 shipped. Shippment is targeted at this coming tuesday.

hpautoworks 12-04-2004 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by makavelisk
HP just wondering but when are these going to be shipped out?? Are you going to wait until all 30 are sold or are they going to get shipped out first thing this coming week???

We will be shipping them all the same day we get them, so as of now, all 24 will be shipped out the same time.

studman 12-04-2004 10:26 AM

Paypal has been sent. The shipping address hasn't been confirmed yet because I just moved. Let me know if there are any problems.

makavelisk 12-04-2004 11:29 AM

Sweet. Thanks!!!

Eleebob7 12-04-2004 12:05 PM

Any updates on Install Instructions?

hpautoworks 12-04-2004 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Eleebob7
Any updates on Install Instructions?

Instructions will be included. we will also be posting step by step pictures on the forum as well as on our site for a worry free install.

Eleebob7 12-04-2004 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by hpautoworks
Instructions will be included. we will also be posting step by step pictures on the forum as well as on our site for a worry free install.

Sweet deal.

Again Thanks! :woot2:

Igor911 12-04-2004 02:33 PM

Just Paid :) Thank you to everyone that helped to make this happen! :D

hpautoworks 12-05-2004 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Igor911
Just Paid :) Thank you to everyone that helped to make this happen! :D

Thanks for the business and supporting our company.

"PoW" 12-05-2004 09:01 AM

hpautoworks : have any more left under the 30????? love to order one...

jeepik 12-05-2004 09:03 AM

ordered mine this morn, hopefully i got in on the original 30 :)

schweet