5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Rattling tsb.. thanx Medmannj

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2001, 12:43 PM

i went the the dealer and they are going to order the parts for me on the rattling when i make a left turn. the tsb number you gave me was right. the two things that cause the rattling is the sunroof drain pipe and the fuel pipe shield. it's some kind of padding they place between the car and fuel pipe shield. the sunroof drain pipe has a sponge? type of tube that covers the drain pipe. since they don't know which, the tech had the service writer order both. i'm going in to get it taken care of on wednesday because i found a new tech that i like (he's been working on nissans since they first came to the states!) my one other tech that i really liked became the service manager so he doesn't work on the cars anymore.

so car, i've gotten the new tcu, the bumper clips, and now the rattling taken care of by tsb's. i've never had to go through so much, but like my friend says, i mess around w/ my car (mods), and you can expect things to happen. he's got a 5th gen that he's keeping stock and has had no problems

i have the y-pipe, eibachs, tokicos, intake, fstb, rsb, apexi muffler (these are the main ones). my service writer asked me what other mods i've done to me car recently and i told him i added a tranny cooler. (they already new about all the other mods.. i know about all the bad stories, but i take my car to the same place i bought it. they never really gave me a hard time. and i love my service guys at the dealer. i remember when my engine light went on and i took it in. when i got back, i saw a bunch of techs under my car looking at the y-pipe. the tech (my original one) gave me a mischievious look and said i know what's causing the engine light, you have NO precat. i told him the other guys have the same setup and they have no probs. he said that's what the computer is saying. he said he reset the ecu, but it may come back on again. that was it. (except he said having no precat was illegal i've gone back for the other tsb's and never had a problem. they're so cool to me and my car (my service writer tells the techs to take care of my car cause the owner loves his max 8) haha.

kafene.