5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Org members please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 03:02 PM

Org members please help

Well i made a new sn cus i forgot my previous one. But anyways, anyone with transmission problems please help!!!! I have a 2000 nissan maxima. I dont even drive hard, and im having transmission problems already. My mileague is currently around 57,000. I was wondering does nissan cover the transmssion if its less than 60,000miles on it? I know on the org every talks about how bad our transmission is and how nissan service is terrible. I have the nissan papers and what not and on the white certified pre owned vehicle limited warranty registration paper on the right bottom side it says expiration mileage of pre owned vehicle limited warranty it says 100,000. Also i have another paper that says buyers guide and in big bold letters it says warranty and right beneath it it says full or limited warranty and theres a check on the limited warranty and it says systems cover engine, transmission, drive axle, brake system and on the right column it has the duration and it says 30 days from purchase date but that only says for the engine and for the columns for transmssion drive axle and brake system theres blank. Does this mean that i dont have the warranty at all???? Anyone that knows about this or has taken there car to the dealer for service please help me out. Its ah lil hard on me cus i half to buy gifts for my family and friends and i did get a speeding ticket and now this so its ah lil hard on me right now and i dont have a high paying job. Anyone that can help ill really appreciate it HELP
Old 12-05-2004, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by maximagray
Well i made a new sn cus i forgot my previous one. But anyways, anyone with transmission problems please help!!!! I have a 2000 nissan maxima. I dont even drive hard, and im having transmission problems already. My mileague is currently around 57,000. I was wondering does nissan cover the transmssion if its less than 60,000miles on it?
What's the problem with the trans? Auto or 5-speed? Powertrain warranty it 5yr/60,000 miles so if Nissan finds out that there is a problem related to the Transmission then it should be covered.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:46 PM

well i had my service engine soon light so i took it to my mechanic and hes trustworthy so i wanted him to look at it and i got a call from him saying its the transmission. I do have a auto. And lately in the morning its been really cold and i do warm up my car for a while and lately when im lightly pressing on the accelerator it just not moving it just feels like theres lots of backpressure or air going through that its not moving the car its ah lil hard to explain. But thanks for your help. Im just making sure because when i called nissan they said that there is a 100,000 warranty but they were telling me if its a defict and what not. So im ah lil worried. People give me some more help so i wont be as worried as much as i am right now thanks
Old 12-05-2004, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by maximagray
i called nissan they said that there is a 100,000 warranty but they were telling me if its a defict and what not.
Your car is still under the powertrain warranty. It's up to you wether you want to take it to Nissan. If i was sure that my trans was going out I would take it to Nissan if i had less than 60k.