5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Do you think I can fix my car myself from this accident?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 10:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by BRAN808
No problem at all. If you got any questions, let me know, and I'll try my best to help. It's funny, but I've only been in the autobody industry for about 2 years, ( I used to be a chef....believe it or not! ) but I've learned so much from just asking my dad questions, and taking classes. Our bodyshop is family owned and operated, and has been in business for almost 40 years now. It's really a good feeling to help customers get their "babies" back to new condition. The way I see it.........if I needed help and had questions, I'm sure there is somebody out there that has the answers. I would really be thankful if they helped me to answer any and all questions. Yeah, so if you need any recipes or need to know how to make a good creme brulee, just ask. Just kidding!

hahaha, well I like to cook, so i might just hit you up. but as far as my busy day went yesterday....

I woke up early, and called my lawyer. he recomended a bodyshop for me, that he sends some of his clients to. So, i went down there, and it was a small shop. i went inside, and the guy was 66 years old. he has been doing this all his life he says. I asked for a look around, and things were realitivly neat, but everything was really old, and there was no new technology. he has one spray "booth" but it really wasn't a booth... just a diffrent section of the room. he seemed like a really nice guy, and he knew what he was doing/talking about, but it didn't really feel right. also, he was not able to provide a rental car for me, and he told me it would take a couple of weeks to get fixed.

So, on my brother recomendation, I went to this other body shop about 15 miles down the road. MUCH better. I walked in, and the building was amazing. everyone was wearing a suit, or a dress. the people were informative, and kind. I was taken care of right away, and they gave me a whole tour of the building. it is huge. they had all of the state-of-the-art spray booths, brand new equipment, and everything looked like it was in good order. although, they did have a bout 60-100 cars inside waiting to get repaired, so that made me a little nervous. but they showed me everything, how everything works, what they have been working on, and a finished car that a customer was just picking up. I have to say that the car does look great. they work on all top of the line bentley's, and lux. cars, and 100+ grand sports cars. they garentee their work for life too. so I decided to go with them.

In minutes of signing the paperwork, they gave me a brand new 2005 dodge magnum. rear wheel drive! we got hit with 4inchs of snow last night, so i was having a blast with the car. lol. i have no worries about miles, i just have to bring it back with a full tank. all in all, i am very happy, and they told me that my car should take atleast 2-3 weeks to get fixed. but atleast i have this sweet car untill then.

the only thing i am worried about is all my stereo/tv equipment in the car... i hope none of it is "missing" when i get it back.

so yeah, thats my update!
Old 01-20-2005, 11:11 AM

That's great! That's exactly how to do it.......check them out. To be totally honest, I'm in the business, and from what you've explained, I would probably get my car repaired there!!!! When shops take the time to explain things to you, give you a tour, and to point out examples of their work, that says 1 thing to me. It shows me that they care, and that they have absolutely nothing to hide. This type of actions obviously made you feel at ease and lead you to trusting them. As far as the multiple cars in the shop..........that's a GOOD thing! If their shop was empty, then I would probably be a little curious as to see WHY they're empty. I'm glad to see that an Org member is going to be well taken care of. As far as the amount of time it'll take......who cares, as long as you have transportation, and the job gets done well! The main thing is to just let them do what they do best. Keep us posted.