5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Upgrade help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 11:46 AM

Upgrade help

I just bought a 2000 maxima GLE and I am looking to upgrade the engines performance, I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind helping me gather prices and stuff like that. I have 500$ and would like to know what I should get.

I also wanted to know what exhaust you guys like here. I dont want it to sound like a RICEY honda 4 or anything like that, and it doesn't even have to be very loud. Thnx in advance.

BTW, i was already told to get a y-pipe, underdrive pulley, and an intake in that order. But well see what you guys say.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:51 AM
350 Detroit Muscle

for $500 including installation, get a y-pipe and a b pipe.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:55 AM

I am also interested in some of those platinum +4 spark plugs? Or some of the sort. What do you guys recommend and is there an increase in performance from high-performance sparks?
Old 02-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Still Here... IM me for more..

I don't suppose you took the time to search the forums and read any of the other 23544 threads posted on this exact same topic?

Here's a link on how to search the org: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=378748

not trying to be a d!ck, but this is a topic that keeps getting posted over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by SlimGoaty
I just bought a 2000 maxima GLE and I am looking to upgrade the engines performance, I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind helping me gather prices and stuff like that. I have 500$ and would like to know what I should get.
There are links to parts sites in the Stickies... you can start doing your research there... sorry, there's no reason why someone else should do that kind of research for ya... maybe another kind soul will come along...

I also wanted to know what exhaust you guys like here. I dont want it to sound like a RICEY honda 4 or anything like that, and it doesn't even have to be very loud. Thnx in advance.
I have a Cattman y-pipe and Frankencar cat-back... it sounds great... and like HNDA ETR already said... there are thousands of threads on this... do a search...

BTW, i was already told to get a y-pipe, underdrive pulley, and an intake in that order. But well see what you guys say.
For a little over $500, get Hotshot headers... or like Ammi said... y-pipe & cat-back...

Btw, welcome to the .Org