5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Accident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 03:49 PM

Accident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man today i was heading to work on the southern state when is F150 Starts comin into my merging lane (I WAS LIKE WTF) So i floored it and tried to get this big beasts way when i hit snow and my car does like 5 360s on a 3 lane highway during rush hour. After spining my car starts to spin on the shoulder where all the snow is and after god know how long (seeed like forever) my car stopped. I look and see my bumper popped off and my back passanger door dented in. After finally getting my car ouf of like 10 feet of snow i start to drive when i hear the most horendous sound. Like my y pipe broke or soemthing and made my back muffler rattle. I dotn know wat it is. When to work i lifted it and didnt see anyting. Nothing seemed out of place?!?!?! when i got home i put it up the ramp and same deal i turned it on thinking that i would see something but NOTHING!!!!!!.. what am i gonna do any ideas of what it could be. and to think i was gonna put in my rear sway bar this weekend and injen cold air intake for next week. Im soo bummed man if i catch that muda fuka ill pull his spine out from his mouth.

I LOVE SNOW......... BUT I HATE MY CAR BEING IN IT FOR THIS REASON.

UUUURRRRRRR :
Old 03-02-2005, 04:41 PM

Dont mean to add insult (constructive advice) to injury, but from experience (I totalled my last car trying to "outrun" on the onramp) ALWAYS let the people behind you slow down for you. Dont speed up, it is the responsibility of the poeple behind you to let you in, per three troopers at my wreck

I would check the entire exhaust system's brackets and hangers first. Start to shake the pipes to maybe replicate the sounds. Is the sound only wehn the car is running at idle, moving? some more info.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:27 PM

yeah, i agree with AuAltima, I don't mean to bash on this post. Generally speaking, when someone is coming off the on ramp, you suppose to yeild or slow down, but speeding up just to get ahead of him is a perscription for an accident waiting to happen. How would you feel if you were this guy in the truck getting on the freeway. You need to share the road, not hoard it.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:48 PM

were on southern state were u iam sorry to here that but from experence of driving on the sspkwy i know depending on were u are on it some people dont know how to mearge especially were medobroke and sspkwy is i cant help u but i can understand the a holes out there lol good luck
Old 03-02-2005, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Kid
were on southern state were u iam sorry to here that but from experence of driving on the sspkwy i know depending on were u are on it some people dont know how to mearge especially were medobroke and sspkwy is i cant help u but i can understand the a holes out there lol good luck

WTF DID U JUST SAY???
Old 03-03-2005, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by NOCturnalI30
Man today i was heading to work on the southern state when is F150 Starts comin into my merging lane (I WAS LIKE WTF) So i floored it and tried to get this big beasts way when i hit snow and my car does like 5 360s on a 3 lane highway during rush hour. After spining my car starts to spin on the shoulder where all the snow is and after god know how long (seeed like forever) my car stopped. I look and see my bumper popped off and my back passanger door dented in. After finally getting my car ouf of like 10 feet of snow i start to drive when i hear the most horendous sound. Like my y pipe broke or soemthing and made my back muffler rattle. I dotn know wat it is. When to work i lifted it and didnt see anyting. Nothing seemed out of place?!?!?! when i got home i put it up the ramp and same deal i turned it on thinking that i would see something but NOTHING!!!!!!.. what am i gonna do any ideas of what it could be. and to think i was gonna put in my rear sway bar this weekend and injen cold air intake for next week. Im soo bummed man if i catch that muda fuka ill pull his spine out from his mouth.

I LOVE SNOW......... BUT I HATE MY CAR BEING IN IT FOR THIS REASON.

UUUURRRRRRR :
Sorry about your car but you could have avoided it if you had not "floored it" trying to beat that truck. How about using your brakes next time?
Old 03-04-2005, 03:35 PM

Wait i dont think everyone here understands he was gonna smash into the drivers side of my CARRRR and i was in the merging laneeee. HE WAS BEING A DI*K cuz someone slower than him was infront of him and he wanted to get around her by gettin in the merging lane and get around but didnt see me and was gonna kill me and yes i was on the southern state.

Do you guys think it could be soemthing else then my engine im gettin really bad performance from my car now and i put sea foam to see if there were any leaks in the exhaust cuz that would make it smoke but i didnt see jack now wat??????
Old 03-04-2005, 04:00 PM

Wait i dont think everyone here understands he was gonna smash into the drivers side of my CARRRR and i was in the merging laneeee. HE WAS BEING A DI*K cuz someone slower than him was infront of him and he wanted to get around her by gettin in the merging lane and get around but didnt see me and was gonna kill me and yes i was on the southern state.

Do you guys think it could be soemthing else then my engine im gettin really bad performance from my car now and i put sea foam to see if there were any leaks in the exhaust cuz that would make it smoke but i didnt see jack now wat??????
It's hard to visualize without actually being there when it happened. Maybe a warning from your horn and hard braking could have still yielded better results. I recommend taking your car to a place with a lift so you can get a good inspection of your underbody if you haven't already done so. You would need to push, pull shake and whatever it takes to find out what is loose on your car. Good luck.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:38 PM

Thanks man im just frustrated with everything thats all i guess. Sorry if i offended anyone im gonna go mope around the house now :-(
Old 03-04-2005, 04:42 PM

Thanks man im just frustrated with everything thats all i guess. Sorry if i offended anyone im gonna go mope around the house now :-(
I can understand your frustration. I doubt if anyone got offended. Don't mope too much or you might become discouraged. Try to put some fun into your weekend. I know it's not easy under the circumstances but keep your head up.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:56 PM

tomrow im gonna go and get the car checked out and tomorw night im gonna install my rear sway bar led mirror cover change fogs to piaa plama gtx and custom front strut bar curtesy of NOCMOTO :-) (i know i cant spell)
Old 03-04-2005, 08:47 PM

dude, thats pretty fuked up. The SS parkway is a real biatch sometimes.