5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Where to buy Cattman exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 10:27 PM
drag racing is for wussies

Where to buy Cattman exhaust ?

Anyone know of any places selling Cattman's exhaust cheap ? I am looking for something less noisy than my Greddy. I put the Greddy up for sale and want to have something more classy looking and at the same time stainless steel and less noisy, as the headers made the whole car 10 times louder.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I can certainly agree about Cattman's quality (I've got the whole thing, headers, hi-flow cat (this thing looks so good it's a a shame it's under the car), rear section, exhaust looks awesome, too. Problem is you gotta pay for what you get... exhaust alone is 300$
Old 03-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Still Here... IM me for more..

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ
Anyone know of any places selling Cattman's exhaust cheap ? I am looking for something less noisy than my Greddy. I put the Greddy up for sale and want to have something more classy looking and at the same time stainless steel and less noisy, as the headers made the whole car 10 times louder.
just pay the $ and buy it directly from Cattman... definitely worth it!
Old 03-10-2005, 10:34 PM

300 for a full catback ? thats a steal- I got PayPal ready to go !!! I seen it for 2 times and then some- of the 300 dollars. I don't mind paying for it, just that I need it before I drive down to TX in my car in 3 weeks.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by JClaw
I can certainly agree about Cattman's quality (I've got the whole thing, headers, hi-flow cat (this thing looks so good it's a a shame it's under the car), rear section, exhaust looks awesome, too. Problem is you gotta pay for what you get... exhaust alone is 300$
I didn't know that Brian was already selling his metal cat convertor... how much did you get it for?
Old 03-10-2005, 10:39 PM

Got it for 240$. Stainless. In fact I think all of the system stainless, save for the headers. Headers look great too, they fit perfectly on the VQ35 (even though they were made for the VQ30). And I didn't have to go through the hell of taking off the manifolds on the old 3.0.

I didn't want to **** around with the old cat, it was falling apart, visibly.

300 for a full catback ? thats a steal- I got PayPal ready to go !!! I seen it for 2 times and then some- of the 300 dollars. I don't mind paying for it, just that I need it before I drive down to TX in my car in 3 weeks.
I wish! 300 is the exhaust. Full catback is 599$. I got it for less than that because I bought over 1500$ and whenever you go over 1500 there is a 10% discount. Over 750 is 5%.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:55 PM

Got it for 240$. Stainless. In fact I think all of the system stainless, save for the headers. Headers look great too, they fit perfectly on the VQ35 (even though they were made for the VQ30). And I didn't have to go through the hell of taking off the manifolds on the old 3.0.

I wish! 300 is the exhaust. Full catback is 599$. I got it for less than that because I bought over 1500$ and whenever you go over 1500 there is a 10% discount. Over 750 is 5%.
yeah, i transfered my cattman headers from my 3.0l to my 3.5l with no problems... just had to find a plug to block off the one port on the header....
Old 03-10-2005, 11:18 PM

Brian send me two plugs no charge with another one of the package I had bought from them.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:46 PM

I got my Cattman exhaust for $599 but can’t get the headers anywhere (back order). Anybody knows what happened to the Cattman website?
Old 03-11-2005, 05:29 AM

I guess I need to keep on searching, anyone seen or heard Mossy Nissan performance exhaust ?
Old 03-11-2005, 06:20 AM

That highflow cat cost $240. I hope you got kissed because you got f#cked . Sorry but that is just a ridiculous price for a cat conv. I am not a cheap person by any means, but i would refuse to pay that much money when you can get a test pipe for $40.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:20 AM
350 Detroit Muscle

Hey Blackbird, even w/ Cattman setup, your car is not going to be much quieter. I've heard a 5gen w/ cattman setup. Still pretty loud. Not sure you want to spend $600 bit less noise.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Ammi
Hey Blackbird, even w/ Cattman setup, your car is not going to be much quieter. I've heard a 5gen w/ cattman setup. Still pretty loud. Not sure you want to spend $600 bit less noise.
hey ammi, how does the cattman catback sound? is it real loud or loud enough for people to notice? and is the sound deep?
Old 03-11-2005, 08:20 AM
2-Wheelin it...

hey blackbird, ever considered the frankencar for yours...it's quiet as all hell and def. a classy look. i love how quiet mine is and only when you go WOT you hear it, and even then it's STILL real quiet.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by PoLo
hey blackbird, ever considered the frankencar for yours...it's quiet as all hell and def. a classy look. i love how quiet mine is and only when you go WOT you hear it, and even then it's STILL real quiet.
... well said...

And here's a clip of it with HS headers from Cubanato's Max...

http://www.frankencar.com/media/fcpcatbk.mov
Old 03-11-2005, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
... well said...

And here's a clip of it with HS headers from Cubanato's Max...

http://www.frankencar.com/media/fcpcatbk.mov
that sounds really clean

Mike if you want quiet i would say either use a frankencar bpipe w/ stock muffler or the frankencar catback.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:53 PM

Brian send me two plugs no charge with another one of the package I had bought from them.
that's cool... i got my headers back when i had my 2K and before people were using them for the 2K2/2K3's, so he wasn't supplying the plugs back then...
Old 03-11-2005, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by BudVlad
I got my Cattman exhaust for $599 but can’t get the headers anywhere (back order). Anybody knows what happened to the Cattman website?
Brian is having a brand new website developed - should be ready soon. His old site, cattmanperformance.com isn't being updated any more.

If you need to talk to him, call 1.800.759.9920.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by chris'smax
That highflow cat cost $240. I hope you got kissed because you got f#cked . Sorry but that is just a ridiculous price for a cat conv. I am not a cheap person by any means, but i would refuse to pay that much money when you can get a test pipe for $40.
Sure, you can get a test pipe for that much, but for those of us who are still making the attempt at keeping our emissions down and not contributing to the smog, a test pipe isn't an option.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

You could try making your own with a magnaflow.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by HNDA ETR
Sure, you can get a test pipe for that much, but for those of us who are still making the attempt at keeping our emissions down and not contributing to the smog, a test pipe isn't an option.
i understand not wanting to pollute but i am not paying 250 dollars for a cat replacement. I didn't think our cat wasn't really restrictive on NA applications?
Old 03-11-2005, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by chris'smax
i understand not wanting to pollute but i am not paying 250 dollars for a cat replacement. I didn't think our cat wasn't really restrictive on NA applications?
its not. You can buy a universal high flow stainless cat and get flanges welded on it for about $100-$120.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:18 AM
350 Detroit Muscle

Originally Posted by maximillus
hey ammi, how does the cattman catback sound? is it real loud or loud enough for people to notice? and is the sound deep?
I rank the noise this way from what I personally heard:

Greddy EVO > Greddy SP (mine) > Cattman, and then there's FC way down there. Much much quieter.

Cattman sounds deep but still too loud for my taste. Cabin noise is loud at WOT
Old 03-13-2005, 09:29 AM

Well alot of people have been saying FC is restrictive, I have thought bout it and I know its THE quietest exhaust out on the market for our cars. Greddy EVO with HS headers and Warpspeed test pipe is just nasty, and the more miles I put on it the noisier it gotten with the headers- downrite raspy. I'm considering Cattman, and maybe Frankencar.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:47 AM
2-Wheelin it...

well let's break it down....the piping is 2.5" all across the board. the only thing that's different would be the muffler, with most a/m mufflers having the V-look to resonate sounds. the FC is the back and forth travel. i guess that's where you may think it's restrictive.

i for one, enjoy mine, and i'm trying hard to keep the car classy. as i told some kid once, i pick up wall street chicks, not high school chicks. a grunt ain't that bad, but too much and you tend to look more immature.

now, an idea i've always had that you may want to consider, is getting your own 2.5" piping done and just chop off a G35 muffler. would end up costing almost the same.

sorry to go a little OT, but blackbird, i'm doing that trunk gas strut project we talked about awhile back. i ordered a pair yesterday and i'll be fitting them sometime soon. i know you said you were interested, so if/when it's all done, i'll hit you up.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:50 PM

Anyone got any pics of the hi-flow cat by Cattman??
Old 03-13-2005, 08:35 PM

sweet deal Polo

I'm going to see which exhaust I'm going to get, its probably going to be like next week before I actually order one up. I don't even remember what its like to have a quiet car anymore, I had exhausts on my car since Sept of 01, this would be my 4th diff catback- and hopefully the last one, as it HAS TO BE stainless steel.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:11 PM

sweet deal Polo

I'm going to see which exhaust I'm going to get, its probably going to be like next week before I actually order one up. I don't even remember what its like to have a quiet car anymore, I had exhausts on my car since Sept of 01, this would be my 4th diff catback- and hopefully the last one, as it HAS TO BE stainless steel.
bro do what i did, email a few vendors that carry that exhaust and ask them for the best deal, then go for the one that is lowest
Old 03-13-2005, 09:13 PM

I rank the noise this way from what I personally heard:

Greddy EVO > Greddy SP (mine) > Cattman, and then there's FC way down there. Much much quieter.

Cattman sounds deep but still too loud for my taste. Cabin noise is loud at WOT
do you by any chance have a sound clip of the cattman or anyone else here?
Old 03-13-2005, 10:00 PM

Greg, not many vendors carry Cattman products, and the ones who do list the same price on their site as Cattman does- 599. I don't want any more raspiness of the Greddy, its killing the car's image making it sound like a Civic with a fart can above 3K RPMs. I find myself shifting at low RPMs- less than 2800RPM, to avoid the rasp, and with my VIAS modified I don't have the low end to begin with
Old 03-13-2005, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by maximillus
do you by any chance have a sound clip of the cattman or anyone else here?
Clip sent via email to your Gmail...
Old 03-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

This makes me want to reconsider mine since I got cattman headers going on in a couple months. I will wait till you make your call and find out. I think it's time for dual tips.

Wish we could sound like this
launch
http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/sportsound/g35l.htm
drive by
http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/sportsound/g35d.htm
in car
http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/spo...d/g35incar.htm
Old 03-15-2005, 04:12 PM

Ordered up Mossy Performance exhaust, I guess Cattman nor FrankenCar want my bussiness as they do not reply to my Emails. Customer service WINs these days, I work in customer service oriented bussiness and I know how hard it is to please a customer. But to not reply to Emails from a potential customer is not a good bussiness practice. Greg Vogel at Mossy- the manager, took care of me. He is the KING of all Nissan parts guys within the SE-R world. I will post pics and sounds of my exhaust once I install it. www.mossyperformance.com
Old 03-15-2005, 04:42 PM
mjg

Ordered up Mossy Performance exhaust, I guess Cattman nor FrankenCar want my bussiness as they do not reply to my Emails. Customer service WINs these days, I work in customer service oriented bussiness and I know how hard it is to please a customer. But to not reply to Emails from a potential customer is not a good bussiness practice. Greg Vogel at Mossy- the manager, took care of me. He is the KING of all Nissan parts guys within the SE-R world. I will post pics and sounds of my exhaust once I install it. www.mossyperformance.com
Yesterday 04:31 PM

Mike,

Don't be so hasty to diss on cattmans service, i for one would vouch for what a good vendor it is, and it's pretty harsh to come on here if he didn't immediatly reply, the guy pretty much runs his buisness and i personally know the doods been travelling alot lately. I'm not saying you did good or bad by buying this other exhaust, but i think you will find yourself in a lonely group for thinking brian is not the type to deal really well with customers. Many times he gave me really good advice (as have as well).

I can comment on Frankencar, but i rather not, that's a touchy matter upon it's own. I apologize to derail the thread, but it seemed you were public with your criticism, and i'd like to say i totally disagree.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:45 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally Posted by mjg
Yesterday 04:31 PM

Mike,

Don't be so hasty to diss on cattmans service, i for one would vouch for what a good vendor it is, and it's pretty harsh to come on here if he didn't immediatly reply, the guy pretty much runs his buisness and i personally know the doods been travelling alot lately. I'm not saying you did good or bad by buying this other exhaust, but i think you will find yourself in a lonely group for thinking brian is not the type to deal really well with customers. Many times he gave me really good advice (as have as well).

I can comment on Frankencar, but i rather not, that's a touchy matter upon it's own.
agreed. i contact Brian at Cattman at least twice a week to discuss coilovers and update information about the ES bushings. he's usually quick to respond. i wrote to him on sunday and he's yet to respond. now you say he didn't, so my first guess is he's just been MIA. not able to get to a PC. we've responded back and forth TONS of times with at most a 12 hour timeslot before he responded.

but back on topic, interesting with the Mossy exhaust. i'd really like to see pics/hear how it sounds. not that i'd get it, but when i see you going away from the norm (greddy, blah blah) then i get very interested. good luck!
Old 03-15-2005, 04:47 PM
mjg

As i spoke to his receptionist/order taking lady over the phone recently, he's been away on buisness, and apparantly cannot reach his email. Yea that is not always a good thing, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt, it's totally rare this ever happens, and he by and large caters to this forum as his customers, so he's a small operation. I cannot blame a man for making a mistake here and there, but such is life.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:31 PM

Well I didn't mean to sound that he just missed me as a customer, I have some long time ago quirk with him- if you need to know what it is, I will tell ya private. Anyways I spoke to Brian years ago when my Ypipe kept on cracking or blowing out flex pipes, he was very friendly and customer oriented. FrankenCar I heard horror stories bout and I would only buy the exhaust from them if it was on Ebay- cause I would be msgn PayPal left and right if it didnt show up within week or so. I have known Greg Vogel from Mossy Nissan for a long time, hes a racer (runs a SE-R cup car) and has some interesting JDM OEM Nissan parts that no one can get. I basically went with the 1st person who replied, I am greatly anticipating this exhaust- so I can finally put on my SFCs and possibly cage the car.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:01 PM

Mike, I'd love to see pics and clips of the exhaust when ya get it done... seems like you're one of the first here to get the Mossy... I was interested initially too, but went with Frankencar cuz they had the best price and in my case, decent response time...
Old 03-15-2005, 08:02 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

Everytime I emailed Cattman, I got a response within a day. Frankencar............ different story. Did you buy the entire catback?
Old 03-15-2005, 08:05 PM

Everytime I emailed Cattman, I got a response within a day. Frankencar............ different story. Did you buy the entire catback?
To be honest, out of about 4 emails to Frankencar, I got one response.... but voicemails, they were 2 for 2...

Quick Reply: Where to buy Cattman exhaust ?