5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Some pics after months of bad weather II

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Some pics after months of bad weather II

Ripping off Tim's (Semy2k2go) thread.... here's my own with the state my car has been in all winter and the current state, now that we have ONE day of good weather (with snow on the way again in 2 days)... I just couldn't bear it any longer and got the Max washed.... no hardcore detailing yet though, maybe in the spring....

This also gives people a chance to see how (good) a 2002 Majestic Blue Max looks with 2001 SE tails, debadged, a Progress drop, and a Frankencar rear section....

(Not that ya haven't already seen it, but a reminder every now and then is nice... )

0947 HRS - Before the wash:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/694087/3
Old 03-14-2005, 10:49 AM

1123 HRS - After the wash:

Most of the pics were taken in a parking lot of George Mason University and the surrounding areas.... and if ya can't see em pics... go here:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/694087/3
Old 03-14-2005, 10:52 AM

nice, i like the drop, i want mine done soon too. its amazing how you forget how good your car looks when its clean, after its been covered in salt for 3 months.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

Gotta love a clean Max!
Old 03-14-2005, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by KCMC582
nice, i like the drop, i want mine done soon too. its amazing how you forget how good your car looks when its clean, after its been covered in salt for 3 months.
I had forgotton how good the Majestic Blue looked....
Old 03-14-2005, 11:13 AM

Man, what an ugly car...
Old 03-14-2005, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Sammzway
Man, what an ugly car...
Thanks Sam.... knew I could count on ya for an honest opinion... when are ya gonna post some pics of yours?
Old 03-14-2005, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
Thanks Sam.... knew I could count on ya for an honest opinion... when are ya gonna post some pics of yours?
Hehe, nah j/k, your car is really sexy. Specially the color.

As far as my car dude, my stupid crappy Sony cybershot camera broke (accidentally left the camera in my back seat and temp went below 0 degrees, now it died). Anyway, now the weather is getting better, i'm gonna wash my car and use my friends camera to take some pics. I got rid of my tvs and stuff.. so i'm looking for performance mods this summer

This week my intake goes in..
Old 03-14-2005, 11:29 AM

Hehe, nah j/k, your car is really sexy. Specially the color.

As far as my car dude, my stupid crappy Sony cybershot camera broke (accidentally left the camera in my back seat and temp went below 0 degrees, now it died). Anyway, now the weather is getting better, i'm gonna wash my car and use my friends camera to take some pics. I got rid of my tvs and stuff.. so i'm looking for performance mods this summer

This week my intake goes in..
Thanks, fool...

Ya got a Berk right? I think you'll like it... btw, there's installation how-to's for that on my webpage... if ya need em...
Old 03-14-2005, 11:48 AM

Thanks, fool...

Ya got a Berk right? I think you'll like it... btw, there's installation how-to's for that on my webpage... if ya need em...
Oh sweet, i'll add it to my favorites. I'll def. keep that "how to" handy, thanks dude. Yeah I got a berk w/apexi. Same as you xcept apexi. Cuz i never wanna be like you
Old 03-14-2005, 12:33 PM

Oh sweet, i'll add it to my favorites. I'll def. keep that "how to" handy, thanks dude. Yeah I got a berk w/apexi. Same as you xcept apexi. Cuz i never wanna be like you
Whatever Pimphomeo... I don't want anyone like you to be like me anyways...
Old 03-14-2005, 01:14 PM

haha, i like the sexual tension goin back and forth in this thread. Berk with K&N rules! especially since i think i would have to get a new Apexi filter now, cuz my Berk is so dirty.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:19 PM

haha, i like the sexual tension goin back and forth in this thread. Berk with K&N rules! especially since i think i would have to get a new Apexi filter now, cuz my Berk is so dirty.
Have you cleaned the the K&N yet? Just wondering how your MAF is holding up after the re-oiling... if you have cleaned it, that is.... I only have about 5k miles on my Berk so its still decently clean....

And yeah, you'll have to excuse Sam here... he has "issues"...
Old 03-14-2005, 01:20 PM

nah, i havent cleaned it yet. all the times i have cleaned my stuff in the past tho, on past cars, ive let the filter sit out in the sun for a while, usually about an hour to 2, so there is no chance of oil getting to anything.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:29 PM

nah, i havent cleaned it yet. all the times i have cleaned my stuff in the past tho, on past cars, ive let the filter sit out in the sun for a while, usually about an hour to 2, so there is no chance of oil getting to anything.
Gotcha... I was just wondering... haven't heard of any MAF problems stemming from over-oiled K&Ns lately, so I guess that's a good thing.... I think people are just more careful with it now...
Old 03-14-2005, 05:42 PM

majestic blue...
Old 03-14-2005, 08:37 PM

Nice and clean!

btw, what do you consider bad weather? The car didn't really seem that dirty to begin with. If you were to see my 2k2 and '97 you'd get a heart attack b/c they're covered with salt, sand, and mud. You gotta love Canadian winters...lol
Old 03-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

Looks good. Isn't it amazing what a little soap and water will do?
Old 03-14-2005, 08:43 PM

car looks fabolous and the progress springs look so nice and even..hopefully i'll order mine in a few months
Old 03-14-2005, 08:59 PM

And yeah, you'll have to excuse Sam here... he has "issues"...

What can I say, I love to ***** puppets' threads.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Nathan
btw, what do you consider bad weather? The car didn't really seem that dirty to begin with. If you were to see my 2k2 and '97 you'd get a heart attack b/c they're covered with salt, sand, and mud. You gotta love Canadian winters...lol
Bad weather here is about 12 inches of snow over 2-3 months.... I used to live in Michigan and I've been up to Toronto several times (and Blue Mountain, to ski), as well as Rochester and Buffalo, and I know that was a completely different story.... its just all the crap, ie salt, dirt, whatever, they put down on the roads here when it snows even just a couple inches....

Anyways... I've never seen/let my car get as dirty as the pics in the first post, but if yours is worse, then its gotta be pretty bad....
Old 03-15-2005, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by roll4life
car looks fabolous and the progress springs look so nice and even..hopefully i'll order mine in a few months
Thanks... and yeah, those springs are highly recommended by me...
Old 03-15-2005, 04:59 AM

What can I say, I love to ***** puppets' threads.
You love to *****, period....
Old 03-15-2005, 05:00 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Which tires are you running on your OEM 17's?
Old 03-15-2005, 05:00 AM

Thanks for all the compliments guys... hopefully when its nicer out and if/when I get some new mods, I'll have something more useful than before and after car washed pictures to post....
Old 03-15-2005, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
Which tires are you running on your OEM 17's?
I have 235/45/17 Falken ZEIX 512s.... they've been great so far in terms of wet, dry, snow traction but the sidewalls are kinda soft and squishy if you're doing any hard cornering, probably because they're out of spec.... although they're kinda loud, even with just 4k miles on em....
Old 03-15-2005, 05:53 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Yep - same here. Looking forward to the warm weather so the 19's and Nitto's can go back on.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
Yep - same here. Looking forward to the warm weather so the 19's and Nitto's can go back on.
Nice... I think rims might be my next "mod" for this year... wanna keep the car classy though... so I'm being extremely picky about mods now.... I do like your 19s though...
Old 03-15-2005, 07:46 AM
XGaSpAcHo

i don't know about you guys but i feel like i'm driving a brand new car when i was my max inside and out to get all the winter salt off. i was going to wash mine in a few weeks but i have two huge bird **** splatters on my rear window so it may have to be sooner.

are those magnaflow exhaust tips? 35131 or something like that? how do you like them?

Old 03-15-2005, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by XGaSpAcHo
i don't know about you guys but i feel like i'm driving a brand new car when i was my max inside and out to get all the winter salt off. i was going to wash mine in a few weeks but i have two huge bird **** splatters on my rear window so it may have to be sooner.

are those magnaflow exhaust tips? 35131 or something like that? how do you like them?
No those are not magnaflow exhaust tips. He has a Frankencar catback system.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:25 AM

Puppetmaster >> How do you like the Frankencar exhaust system? How long have you had it installed? I have always liked the way the system and muffler look, but I'm not looking for an obnoxious exhaust tone. I'm looking for something as close to stock as possible, with some performance. Is Frankencar even still selling them? Last I heard they were having like 2-3 month delays in shipping them out? Thanks!

~ Kirk
Old 03-15-2005, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by XGaSpAcHo

I hate bird doo... if I had any of that, I'd have washed it a long time ago...

And like Sam said (thanks Sam), its not a Magnaflow, its a Frankencar... and its niiiiiice....
Old 03-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

I wanted the 20th AE with that color, but it wasn't available, if you add with kit it will look even better
Old 03-15-2005, 09:17 AM

I hate bird doo... if I had any of that, I'd have washed it a long time ago...
Maybe he likes bird poo ?
Old 03-15-2005, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by krazyd
Puppetmaster >> How do you like the Frankencar exhaust system? How long have you had it installed? I have always liked the way the system and muffler look, but I'm not looking for an obnoxious exhaust tone. I'm looking for something as close to stock as possible, with some performance. Is Frankencar even still selling them? Last I heard they were having like 2-3 month delays in shipping them out? Thanks!
Hey Kirk.... I love the Frankencar... it fits great, sounds great, and looks good... its actually a little too quiet for me, so I guess its not gonna have that obnoxious exhaust tone you're afraid of... I think think its barely louder than stock from the outside... just enough for ya to know its there.... and this is even with a Cattman y-pipe... as for performance, cat-backs don't give us much hp gains, so it probably won't help ya there... I haven't dynoed it, so I can't say, but its commonly believed that most cat-backs with 2.5" piping will get ya about 3-5 whp, if at all. I think there was a dyno of a Cattman cat-back that gave more maybe? I dunno....

Anyways, Frankencar is selling em, but how good their service and response time is anyone's guess... I've (along with many other guys) had great luck with em in terms of reponses to voicemails, emails, quick shipping, etc, but others have had extremely different experiences...

If ya wanna know what I did, I left Scott a voicemail, which he responded to w/in a day, to verify that they had some cat-backs in stock. After our conversation, I Paypaled him the money, and the exhaust was here in 3 days. Whole process took less than 6 days. Can't call that bad service can ya?
Old 03-15-2005, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Lontar1
I want it the 20th AE with that color with kit it will look better
Yeah, the AE kit is nice... guess I'm just gonna live with what I have.... btw, I was tempted to consider that one SCed majestic blue AE on eBay that everyone keeps raving about... that was nice...
Old 03-15-2005, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by krazyd
Puppetmaster >> How do you like the Frankencar exhaust system? How long have you had it installed? I have always liked the way the system and muffler look, but I'm not looking for an obnoxious exhaust tone.
Btw, they have sound clips of their exhaust and intake here:

http://www.frankencar.com/media/
Old 03-15-2005, 09:35 AM

if the weather is bad it doesn't mean that you do not need to wash the car...
Old 03-15-2005, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by FriscoMaxima
if the weather is bad it doesn't mean that you do not need to wash the car...
Thanks... but who said anything about not needing to wash the car? Ideally, and esp in the winter, the car should be washed and waxed regularly to get rid of the dirt, salt, and other crap on the roads... but when the weather is 20-30 degs and ya know its gonna snow again, it kinda takes some of the motivation out of that.... it just doesn't seem all that practical to me either....
Old 03-15-2005, 10:11 AM

looks nice

Quick Reply: Some pics after months of bad weather II