5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

$370 citation for my lights!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 03:43 PM

$370 citation for my lights!!!

today driving on the freeway, i see a statie on the other side of the freeway, next thing i know he's on my azz and i get off the exit and he pulls me over. i asked what reason am i being pulled for, and he says my lights. he cited me $300 for my hyper white polarg turn signals, $35 for my front clears side markers, and $35 for having clear turn signal. he said i was lucky he didn't cite me for my fog lights on!!! i only had my fogs on, i did the rewiring. i'm appealing this but i don't know what to say, help please?
Old 03-21-2005, 03:52 PM
retired moderator

you don't have anything to say...all of those things are illegal.....it's the risk we all run having illegal things on our vehicles....

maybe if you switch it all back to stock, show the judge (photo) and he'll reduce the fines.....
Old 03-21-2005, 03:52 PM

$300 alone for turning signals???!... That sounds a bit outrageous... I don't know what the laws are over there but here in Miami, FL you can take it to court and show receipts that you have changed everything back to stock resulting in the dismissal of the tickets.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:07 PM
drag racing is for wussies

Damn, you should get the chrome bulb that turns yellow with the turn signal on.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

Ouuccchhh.. that's a big one... it is true...those are illegal..but they look GOOD..replace them take them to the judge and pray...
Old 03-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Mauja He Mauja

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ
Damn, you should get the chrome bulb that turns yellow with the turn signal on.
+++++++++++1. thats what i did. and the side markers have the fugly amber / pink bulbs. i was running the dd's with hid fogs and the po-po pulled me over. i explained to him that they are oem. he let me go
Old 03-21-2005, 04:41 PM
southernrednik

its nice to know cops!

Old 03-21-2005, 04:42 PM

yea i got a $155 ticket once for the rear clear corner lights being hyper white.
that was crazy insane and i still havnt learned my lesson.
i thnk i am gonna keep the clear corner lens and put in some red bulbs instead to look like stock - we will see how that works out
Old 03-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Mauja He Mauja

Originally Posted by 2000 Maximus
i am gonna keep the clear corner lens and put in some red bulbs instead to look like stock - we will see how that works out
thats what i did. you can get inverted or 6 led's in there. they have a nice output
Old 03-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by OOmaxSE
today driving on the freeway, i see a statie on the other side of the freeway, next thing i know he's on my azz and i get off the exit and he pulls me over. i asked what reason am i being pulled for, and he says my lights. he cited me $300 for my hyper white polarg turn signals, $35 for my front clears side markers, and $35 for having clear turn signal. he said i was lucky he didn't cite me for my fog lights on!!! i only had my fogs on, i did the rewiring. i'm appealing this but i don't know what to say, help please?
dont appeal it. appeals are for when you are right. you are admitedly wrong. just be a man and admit you were wrong and send in the check.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by jrod1014
$300 alone for turning signals???!... That sounds a bit outrageous... I don't know what the laws are over there but here in Miami, FL you can take it to court and show receipts that you have changed everything back to stock resulting in the dismissal of the tickets.
that wont get him off the hook completely. it doesnt matter what the car looks like when you go to court. he is going to court for tickets he got when his car had illegal lighting. it may get reduced (which i think is stupid) but he will have to pay something. if he doesnt, there is something wrong with our legal system
Old 03-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by OOmaxSE
same thing happened to me with those blue winshield sprayer lights and a bunch of other lights that's illegal. I got a ticket for $45, I guess that cop must hate u or something.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by BlueMarble
I guess that cop must hate u or something.
or he is doing his job. a thank less job
Old 03-21-2005, 05:35 PM

holyyyy shieeettttt. staties in this state are asssssssholessss. where u get pulled at?? im on the pike daily and i see staties EVERYWHEREEEE. they the reason why i dont got front driver and passenger tints anymore!
Old 03-21-2005, 05:44 PM
retired moderator

considering at least 3 members of the 5th gen forum are cops, people might want to watch what they say, by the way (and no, I'm not telling who....)
Old 03-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Mauja He Mauja

i 2nd that
Old 03-21-2005, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
dont appeal it. appeals are for when you are right. you are admitedly wrong. just be a man and admit you were wrong and send in the check.

I'm not saying that he didn't do something illegal but why would .org members who are constantly looking for every break is prices not appeal something that could cost them that much money...it's pretty much against human instinct to not appeal something such as an offense of that nature, and it's not like he was putting anybody at risk speeding or something...i would do what others said and switch it back to stock and hope for best and then take the risk again if you want to switch back.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Kruppa
I'm not saying that he didn't do something illegal but why would .org members who are constantly looking for every break is prices not appeal something that could cost them that much money...it's pretty much against human instinct to not appeal something such as an offense of that nature, and it's not like he was putting anybody at risk speeding or something...i would do what others said and switch it back to stock and hope for best and then take the risk again if you want to switch back.
he admitted he was wrong. appeals are for when you think you are right. they are not to save yourself money
Old 03-21-2005, 06:10 PM

you gotta ask yourself though, is that right to fine someone for the color of a F@CKING lightbulb? yeah...i know ignorance is no excuse for the law...blah blah...but in a more liberal state, CALIFORNIA that's a $10 fix it ticket. so is it really fair, shoot...in this case i think it's ok to Lie. The humble Modest routine will only get you screwed for the $300+ FIGHT IT!!! if nobody ever fought things, we'd be in a dictatorship!
Old 03-21-2005, 06:12 PM

well i dont care iam a cop and i think that is insanie some cops are just abusing there privlege to what they think is ruleing there area. i barly give tickets i just dont care i speed i have iliagel lights but iam not a hypacrite. but u should just take the pics of the car with amber and red bulbs were they have to be maybe even the silver ones that turn amber when on and i would just say. thats how it was he thought i had different lights but they just dont look as amber as oem bulbs but they still are. its youre word against his prove ure worng. thats y i dont give tickets cause i dont want to deal with bs lol good luck let us know what happends.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Mauja He Mauja

what about tickets to the fuqs who wake-up the kids at 3am with the >DAMN MOTHAFUQUA..YO HO SUQ MA MEAT, with their 2000 RMS systems???< I am all for what cops have to go through. But seriously, do lights really matter that much when they are dealing with all the crime and **** they deal with??
Old 03-21-2005, 06:17 PM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by 2kVQboodah
holyyyy shieeettttt. staties in this state are asssssssholessss.
......for doing their job... Right! :
where u get pulled at?? im on the pike daily and i see staties EVERYWHEREEEE. they the reason why i dont got front driver and passenger tints anymore!
.... front driver/pass tint is legal in MA!
Old 03-21-2005, 06:18 PM

that is ridiculous. A much less harsh fine would be sufficient if not just a warning.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:19 PM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by The Kid
well i dont care iam a cop and i think that is insanie some cops are just abusing there privlege to what they think is ruleing there area. i barly give tickets i just dont care i speed i have iliagel lights but iam not a hypacrite. but u should just take the pics of the car with amber and red bulbs were they have to be maybe even the silver ones that turn amber when on and i would just say. thats how it was he thought i had different lights but they just dont look as amber as oem bulbs but they still are. its youre word against his prove ure worng. thats y i dont give tickets cause i dont want to deal with bs lol good luck let us know what happends.
After that display, I'm going to call on the whole "I'm a cop" thing.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:21 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by 2k2kev
After that display, I'm going to call on the whole "I'm a cop" thing.
thank you!!
if he is a real cop then he shouldnt be
there are laws for a reason. if you choose not to follow them then you pay the consequences. end of story. no questions. no appeals
Old 03-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

19 year old cop?damn thats pretty young....
that sucks about the ticket,i would fight it and maybe get it reduced.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by beer20
19 year old cop?damn thats pretty young....
that sucks about the ticket,i would fight it and maybe get it reduced.
by "cop" he meant "mall security guard"
Old 03-21-2005, 06:28 PM

iam a cop for the usaf which is strickter then civilian cops we have to look at evrything even lights systems engine noise cats mufflers all that stuff. i just dont give a sh*t cause its pointless. who cares about lights 5 over the speed limit i dont i just try and protect my country and pulling some new kid or some guy whos been in the service for 5 years over cause he worked on his car and had lights or big engine that doesnt seem to be protecting the country so i dont care i do care about the iraqies who think there gunna try there crap again on our soil cause were ready this time lol. but a fix i ticket seemed the correct way to go i think he took it above and beond the call of duty so go fight it and see what happeneds whats the worst ull have to pay it.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:29 PM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by soonerfan
by "cop" he meant "mall security guard"

that's him, on the right!!

iam a cop for the usaf which is strickter then civilian cops we have to look at evrything even lights systems engine noise cats mufflers all that stuff. i just d......... .............unna try there crap again on our soil cause were ready this time lol. but a fix i ticket seemed the correct way to go i think he took it above and beond the call of duty so go fight it and see what happeneds whats the worst ull have to pay it.
does anyone have to review your reports?
Old 03-21-2005, 06:30 PM

lol i think not i have to work out everyday for 2 hours so iam in shape alittle thin but in shape lol.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:32 PM

are clear bumper lights illegal in texas?
Old 03-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

lol i think not i have to work out everyday for 2 hours so iam in shape alittle thin but in shape lol.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/
Old 03-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Unsuccesful STL Coordinator

They are illegal in this solar system.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:35 PM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by BlueMarble
same thing happened to me with those blue winshield sprayer lights ...
he should have just shot you right there on the side of the road

Old 03-21-2005, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by 2k2kev
he should have just shot you right there on the side of the road

I wanted to say it, you beat me to it
Old 03-21-2005, 06:43 PM

I would love to find online where it says a light that is white that has an amber bulb in it that does not even blink when the turn signal is engaged is illgeal.

Bastards

Originally Posted by Epacy
They are illegal in this solar system.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:47 PM

I am currently looking for the silver coated bulbs that blink amber, anyone know wher I can gett hem, or is there a way to mke them?
Old 03-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Z

Originally Posted by Max20SE00
I am currently looking for the silver coated bulbs that blink amber, anyone know wher I can gett hem, or is there a way to mke them?
Autozone has them. They are made by Sylvania and cost $20.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:55 PM
It's chrome alright...

The law is it has to REFLECT amber, not blink or glow amber when it's on.

Key word... REFLECT... that means clear sidemarkers are ILLEGAL.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:58 PM

i dont understand how they can give you a hard time about the bumper lenses when some cars do not have anything on the side. What does it matter if they are white when others dont have any?

Quick Reply: $370 citation for my lights!!!