5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

How To Remove Door Panels(Not in How To's)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 07:12 PM
99 SE-L

How To Remove Door Panels(Not in How To's)

Before anY Flaming this is not in the HOW -TO'S. Hey ,guys i need to know how to remove my door panels in my 2002 maxima ,so far i Took off the window switch witht he pocket and the cover around the door handle but as of now i do not know what else to do for it to come off any help will be appreciated.

Old 04-09-2005, 07:16 PM
vsamoylov

ok there is a hidden screw on the door panel. it is covered with a small little round piece. if you look at the passengers sdie door panel, the round plastic piece will be o nthe left side. and it will be on the right side for the drivers sdie. take it off and there is a screw in there. then there is a area t ostick soemthing in like a screw driver in cause the rest of the door panel is on clips.

Old 04-09-2005, 07:17 PM
99 SE-L

That is in the front.... because i'm pretty sure the rear does not have a plastic cover anywhere...

Old 04-09-2005, 07:20 PM
vsamoylov

yes sorry i was talking about the front doors. hope it helped you.

Old 04-09-2005, 07:31 PM
99 SE-L

Yeah it kinda did......... but know of the rear doors

Old 04-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

For front doors:
1) Pop off round cap over screw up near mirror. You will see this cover when the door is open, otherwise it's blocked by the dashboard. Take out this screw.
2) Pop off little black cap inside door grip. Unscrew the screw inside there. Then use a flathead to cafeully take out door button trim and disconnect jacks. Just pop the back out and then work your way towards the front. It might be tight the first time, but it doesn't break very easily.
3) Use small flathead to take trim out from around lock and and door opening handle. This piece will break if you're not careful.
4) Feel around on underside of door trim and you will feel a small gap in which you can place your fingers. This part is kinda tricky. Put your fingers in there and pull to disengage the lower clips. Just don't yank too hard or some clips might break. Then work your way around the edges of the trim to disengage all clips. There are a total of 5 or 6 I believe. You will eventually be able to just lift the panel up and out. Then just unplug the lights near the bottom and (on the driver's door) the trunk/gas release buttons.

For rear doors:

All the same except there is no second screw to remove, only the one in the recessed door grip. Oh, and of course there is only one harness to disconnect.

I realize this is a little unclear, but I'm tired. You can ask any specifics if this doesn't make sense.