5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

RedlineGoods.com now boasting LEATHER ARMREST COVERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005 | 04:03 AM
Former Sponsor

RedlineGoods.com now boasting 5th gen LEATHER ARMREST COVERS!!

Hello everyone!!

I'm Maciek from RedlineGoods.com, for 2 years or so now a sponsor of Maxima.org. We've been making genuine leather shift boots, brake boots and armrest covers for Maxima's for almost 3 years now. We're known for great products and awesome customer service, so you WILL be happy if you decide to get one or more of our pieces.

Proudly introducing the newest addition to our product portfolio: THE 5TH GEN ARMREST COVER! It's relatively simple to install (you need to glue it onto the existing armrest - more info here).

Here are the pics. If you click them you'll go directly to our website in a new browser window.

WE HAVE 16 COLORS OF LEATHER AND OVER 20 COLORS OF THREAD AVAILABLE - NO EXTRA CHARGE WHICHEVER YOU CHOOSE!

We have shift boots for both 5spd and 6spd available also:

Here's the pricing schedule for the 00-03 Maxima's:

Both boots & armrest cover (SAVE $30)
$100
Both boots (SAVE $20)
$60
Shift boot & armrest cover (SAVE $20)
$70
Shift boot ONLY
$40
Ebrake boot & armrest cover (SAVE $20)
$70
Ebrake boot ONLY
$40
Armrest cover ONLY
$50

Here's a 10% discount code, paste it into the order form to get 10% off immediately off all our advertised prices: 3KMGT5L3275.

Shipping is $6 to the US and Canada and you'll get them within 2 weeks (we ship from Europe) from ordering.

Thank you!
Maciek
Old 04-20-2005 | 06:20 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Guys I was the first one to test this and put it on and the quality of this armrest cover is unbelievable. It also is a perfect fit and goes on rather easy. The look of this makes a classy addition to your maxima.
Old 04-20-2005 | 06:23 PM
retired moderator

bump...redline makes great stuff...very happy with my shift and ebrake boots
Old 04-20-2005 | 06:35 PM
LithiuMax

Can you guys please make a shift boot for 2002-2003 AT Maximas?
Old 04-20-2005 | 08:38 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

my arm rest just started cracking...thanks for the info

one thing though i cant tell if i have light grey or medium grey...what color is the leather removed on the install (from the link)?
Old 04-20-2005 | 08:40 PM

those look really good im def going to get some soon!!
Old 04-20-2005 | 10:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LithiuMax
Can you guys please make a shift boot for 2002-2003 AT Maximas?
I would LOVE to do that boot! If I can get somebody to help me out by first sending me a pic of the stock setup and then maybe some measurements?!

Maciek
Old 04-20-2005 | 10:54 PM
LithiuMax

Originally Posted by RedlineGoods.com
I would LOVE to do that boot! If I can get somebody to help me out by first sending me a pic of the stock setup and then maybe some measurements?!

Maciek
I can get that to you within the next few days. I would love to have a boot like that..
Old 04-20-2005 | 11:47 PM

To The Contrary

I would LOVE to do that boot!...
A BAD Experience, but I’m totally not Disrespecting... lets make that CLEAR!

err... ok, first of all... redline has great quality products... major props for that... I’m sure customer service is great... for them being located in Poland and all... so here is MY story... I tried to order an E-Brake Boot for my 2002 Max from redline, and waited over a week for it to come in... Yeah - when it came in, it was wonderful quality... was beautiful!!!! even smelled of pure elegance... (Really, I’m not being sarcastic! they have great quality products!) but it was a shift boot... :\... errrm... so, disappointedly, I emailed them, to get it straightened out... I even emailed the dude pics as he requested... which I actually took prior but decided not to send... but ended up sending after all... anyhow... I didn't want to pay the shipping to mail the thing back overseas ($10 USPS), but they assured me I would get a refund... so, after being out $40 bucks... I was out another $10 and another 2 weeks... so, when the new product came in - it was an E-Brake boot... however... it didn't have any precut slits... and the count on the holes that were pre-punched was not consistent with the number of ***** that the holes would go in... in other words... it was either the wrong boot, or it wasn't fully manufactured... (which I highly doubted)... so, after nearly a month... and being out $50 ... (yeah, I DID NOT get a refund on the shipping like I was told)... I just gave up and stuck with my boot that I had from CustomEnterprise... which I had to custom make holes and slits for... and looks superb after hours of precision work, however... I’d just be rambling at this point... dunno... I didn't want to go through the hassle of having to wait another 2 weeks, and be out yet another $10 dollars, so I never pursued it further... doubt I can get anything done now... however... am I the only one with a somewhat bad experience?
Old 04-21-2005 | 03:03 AM

Do you have pictures by any chance of a black armrest cover with that same beige interior? I'm wondering if that would look weird.
Old 04-21-2005 | 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Nathan
Do you have pictures by any chance of a black armrest cover with that same beige interior? I'm wondering if that would look weird.
My armrest cover above is was the first test so he is not going to have an example of any other cover on another max.
Old 04-21-2005 | 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by makavelisk
My armrest cover above is was the first test so he is not going to have an example of any other cover on another max.
Cool thanks.
Old 04-21-2005 | 11:02 AM
XGaSpAcHo

do you have any pics of a black e-brake book (preferably with black leather interior)?
Old 04-21-2005 | 11:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by XGaSpAcHo
do you have any pics of a black e-brake book (preferably with black leather interior)?
If you don't mind some for the older gens, I do:

http://www.redlinegoods.com/MaximaA32product.shtm
http://www.redlinegoods.com/MaximaA32armrest.shtm

Actually black leather interior and black leather boots do go well together.

Maciek
Old 04-21-2005 | 11:44 AM

do you have a color (or do you know if you have a color) that matches well with the stock beige interior? I am very interested in this, because i plan on getting my ebrake and shift boots soon, so for a little extra, i would be willing to buy the armrest cover as well, if i can match it pretty well...
Old 04-21-2005 | 11:53 AM
XGaSpAcHo

any chance of a GD on any of your products?
Old 04-21-2005 | 12:01 PM

I got in on the GD for the 4th gen last year and their products are great. I have pics of the black leather installed on my cardomain page. The armrest cover is wonderful, holding up good.
Old 04-21-2005 | 01:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by maxilvr06
do you have a color (or do you know if you have a color) that matches well with the stock beige interior? I am very interested in this, because i plan on getting my ebrake and shift boots soon, so for a little extra, i would be willing to buy the armrest cover as well, if i can match it pretty well...
Hi,

any chance you could post a pic of that interior here? I know with the 4th gen matching the tan interior turned out impossible, despite many efforts from me and DanNY...

Maciek
Old 04-21-2005 | 01:32 PM
Former Sponsor

any chance of a GD on any of your products?
Hi,

sorry, not really, we publish 10% discount codes pretty often and that's what we can do with unit purchases... Unless there is somebody willing to collect orders in bulk and then redistribute them on the US side for us (we ship from Europe, with low GD prices the added cost of shipping makes it uneconomical to run a group buy with each shipment being shipped from here).

Maciek
Old 04-21-2005 | 02:01 PM
retired moderator

here's a pic of my ebrake and shift boots with black leather/tan stitching

Old 04-21-2005 | 02:05 PM
XGaSpAcHo

Originally Posted by irish44j
here's a pic of my ebrake and shift boots with black leather/tan stitching

that looks sweet. thanks josh. i think i'm going to go ahead and order the black one with black stitching.
Old 04-21-2005 | 02:39 PM

Hi,

any chance you could post a pic of that interior here? I know with the 4th gen matching the tan interior turned out impossible, despite many efforts from me and DanNY...

Maciek
Here You go:

It is a rather odd color, and i'm sure it wont be easy to match, but if there is a match, i'm all for it! i just dont think that any other color would look very good...
Old 04-21-2005 | 04:47 PM
drag racing is for wussies

What bout an armrest cover without the button in the middle ? GXEs that didn't come with the Convenience Package had no pop up armrest and have no button there. I have the Double stiched RedlineGoods Ebrake and Shifter boots- in silver and blue stiching on black leather (got a blue/chrome anodized Sparco shift ****), and I would dig a black leather cover WITHOUT the botton for my console armrest. Maciek to jak da sie to zrobic ?
Old 04-21-2005 | 08:04 PM

Can the stitching come in different colors other than white or black?
Old 04-21-2005 | 08:38 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by ICULookN
Can the stitching come in different colors other than white or black?
Originally Posted by RedlineGoods
WE HAVE 16 COLORS OF LEATHER AND OVER 20 COLORS OF THREAD AVAILABLE - NO EXTRA CHARGE WHICHEVER YOU CHOOSE!
as noted in my pics, my stitching is in tan....
Old 04-22-2005 | 07:05 AM
XGaSpAcHo

ok i've searched for this all over the place and i can't seem to find a how-to for removing the center console on an automatic. everyone either has a how-to for stick shift but not automatic or will have different directions on what screws to remove and where to pull. can anyone please help me out with this? thank you in advance.
Old 04-22-2005 | 09:18 AM

ok i've searched for this all over the place and i can't seem to find a how-to for removing the center console on an automatic. everyone either has a how-to for stick shift but not automatic or will have different directions on what screws to remove and where to pull. can anyone please help me out with this? thank you in advance.
Hey Jay,

Slide the front seats all the way forward and get down in the back. Near the rear cupholder, you will see two screws on either side of the console (a total of 4). Remove all 4 screws.

Open the small compartment next to the hazard switch and under the climate control and remove the felt insert. Then remove the single screw that you will see behind the insert.

Take a very small flathead screwdriver and wrap the tip in an old t-shirt. Then carefully worm it between the large trim piece in which the hazard switch and that small compartment are mounted AND the rest of the console. Do this at the rear end of the trim piece (the end nearest the cupholders). You will be able to lift the trim up enough to squeeze another screwdriver in there. Work your way around left and right until you can get your fingers under the trim. Then slide your fingers under and pull up to disengage clips. There are clips to the left and right of the shifter and then closer to the climate control. You wll be able to pull up/back and disengage all of these clips. Then you have to worm the trim out from under the climate control. The thing to be cautious about here is the shifter trim (the silverish piece with the gear labels). If you hit the front of that with the underside of the trim piece you are removing, it will get slightly scratched (like mine did ). You can always put tape or something over the edge of that piece first, to avoid scratching it.

Once you have the large trim piece free, disconnect the hazard switch, power outlet, and compartment light harnesses. You will now see two screws going into the front part of the console. Remove those two screws.

Next, open the console lid and take out the playboy and cocaine. Then remove the single screw at the BOTTOM of the console.

Finally, you should be able to stick your hand in near the shifter and push the adjoining portion of the dashboard out to disengage the clips there. There are two clips for each side. You will probably see what I mean when you get to this point.

You should now be able to pull the console back/up to remove it. There is one harness to disconnect (that for the rear power outlet). IIRC, you have to pull back a little bit to get the front-most protrusions free from the rest of the dash. Then you will have to pull the whole console towards the stereo again to get it up and over the E-brake handle, which you should have as far up as it will go.

I know this sounds very complicated and the wording is a bit poor, but it's difficult to describe without pictures. The process isn't really very difficult. And the trim piece is not very fragile in terms of breaking (but it is fragile in terms of scratching). Let me know if you would like me to take some pics and show you what I mean. It's not a problem.

-Brian
Old 04-22-2005 | 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by TheBigDu
Hey Jay,

Slide the front seats all the way forward and get down in the back. Near the rear cupholder, you will see two screws on either side of the console (a total of 4). Remove all 4 screws.

Open the small compartment next to the hazard switch and under the climate control and remove the felt insert. Then remove the single screw that you will see behind the insert.

Take a very small flathead screwdriver and wrap the tip in an old t-shirt. Then carefully worm it between the large trim piece in which the hazard switch and that small compartment are mounted AND the rest of the console. Do this at the rear end of the trim piece (the end nearest the cupholders). You will be able to lift the trim up enough to squeeze another screwdriver in there. Work your way around left and right until you can get your fingers under the trim. Then slide your fingers under and pull up to disengage clips. There are clips to the left and right of the shifter and then closer to the climate control. You wll be able to pull up/back and disengage all of these clips. Then you have to worm the trim out from under the climate control. The thing to be cautious about here is the shifter trim (the silverish piece with the gear labels). If you hit the front of that with the underside of the trim piece you are removing, it will get slightly scratched (like mine did ). You can always put tape or something over the edge of that piece first, to avoid scratching it.

Once you have the large trim piece free, disconnect the hazard switch, power outlet, and compartment light harnesses. You will now see two screws going into the front part of the console. Remove those two screws.

Next, open the console lid and take out the playboy and cocaine. Then remove the single screw at the BOTTOM of the console.

Finally, you should be able to stick your hand in near the shifter and push the adjoining portion of the dashboard out to disengage the clips there. There are two clips for each side. You will probably see what I mean when you get to this point.

You should now be able to pull the console back/up to remove it. There is one harness to disconnect (that for the rear power outlet). IIRC, you have to pull back a little bit to get the front-most protrusions free from the rest of the dash. Then you will have to pull the whole console towards the stereo again to get it up and over the E-brake handle, which you should have as far up as it will go.

I know this sounds very complicated and the wording is a bit poor, but it's difficult to describe without pictures. The process isn't really very difficult. And the trim piece is not very fragile in terms of breaking (but it is fragile in terms of scratching). Let me know if you would like me to take some pics and show you what I mean. It's not a problem.

-Brian
Thanks, I needed this also. Do you know how-to remove the whole dash?
Old 04-22-2005 | 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by ICULookN
Thanks, I needed this also. Do you know how-to remove the whole dash?
No, sorry. I've only done the console, gauge cluster, kick panel, glove box, and central instrumentation (vents/stereo/climate). I have not done the body of the dash.
Old 04-22-2005 | 10:54 AM
XGaSpAcHo

hey brian,
first of all thank you very much for the instructions. they are a bit complex without pics but maybe it's just because i'm not reading this in my car and following along. i would greatly appreciate some pics but if that's too much trouble then don't worry about it and i will try to figure this out as best i can.
Old 04-22-2005 | 10:58 AM

hey brian,
first of all thank you very much for the instructions. they are a bit complex without pics but maybe it's just because i'm not reading this in my car and following along. i would greatly appreciate some pics but if that's too much trouble then don't worry about it and i will try to figure this out as best i can.
Hey, no problem. I'll take some and post them up by 6 or so. I'm about to drive home, so I can't do it for a few hours.
Old 04-22-2005 | 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by TheBigDu
Hey, no problem. I'll take some and post them up by 6 or so. I'm about to drive home, so I can't do it for a few hours.
When I said 6, I really meant 2:45am. Hehe.

In the last pic, the blue line marks where to insert the small flathead to lift the trim. The red marks are *approximate* clip positions. As I said, the piece doesn't feel terribly weak, so don't worry about it breaking so much as scratching (if your screwdriver slips).
Old 04-23-2005 | 09:04 AM
XGaSpAcHo

cool, thanks dude! i'm going to have to try this in two weeks when i get my leather e-brake boot.
Old 04-23-2005 | 01:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ
What bout an armrest cover without the button in the middle ? GXEs that didn't come with the Convenience Package had no pop up armrest and have no button there. I have the Double stiched RedlineGoods Ebrake and Shifter boots- in silver and blue stiching on black leather (got a blue/chrome anodized Sparco shift ****), and I would dig a black leather cover WITHOUT the botton for my console armrest. Maciek to jak da sie to zrobic ?
Hi,

I think we can try that... Can you email me a pic of your existing armrest? Is it the same size as the one WITH the button?

Maciek
Old 04-23-2005 | 04:41 PM

I will try to take a picture of it- they are identical in shape and size- just NO button. I don't like the POP UP arm rest as it sometimes pops up by itself when nudged with your elbow durring shifting into 4th gear. Plus the armrest is perfect for me, no need for poping up- Dzieki Maciek !
Old 04-26-2005 | 07:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Hello,

Another beauty. This is a VIOLETY-BLUE and WHITE TWO TONE Mustang e-brake boot. It's a really nice color combination, as you can see! If you have a white or blue car with any interior accents in white or blue, this is would make a very nice upgrade:

Here's a current 10% discount code again: O353YN2Y9U0. This code is VALID UNTIL APRIL 30th.

Thank you and drive safely!
Maciek
Old 04-26-2005 | 07:45 AM

Ordered armrest covers

I've gone ahead and ordered this for my 02, will report back when it arrives. Previously I've purchased\installed the shifter and ebrake boots and they arrived promptly, exactly as ordered. Installation was a no-brainer and I was satisfied with the products and the service. (And the customs info...).
Old 05-06-2005 | 07:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Hello,

A new month - a new discount code. And another new color combination we have delivered to a customer. This is a SIERRA/CREAM set (for a C5 Corvette actually) with SIERRA thread. I personally really like it, hope it appeals to you as well:

Here's a current 10% discount code again: H3XSR5404P5. This code is VALID UNTIL MAY 15TH!

Thank you and drive safely!
Maciek
Old 05-06-2005 | 02:31 PM

Maciek,
Whats up with the center arm rest cover without the button in the middle of it ? Chce zamowic a niewiem czy moge Lemme know man, I really want this to complement my shifter boot and Ebrake boot. My vinyl covered arm rest has gotten way too shinny from me rubbn my elbow on it.
Old 05-06-2005 | 03:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ
Maciek,
Whats up with the center arm rest cover without the button in the middle of it ? Chce zamowic a niewiem czy moge Lemme know man, I really want this to complement my shifter boot and Ebrake boot. My vinyl covered arm rest has gotten way too shinny from me rubbn my elbow on it.
Hi,

I already answered that I think, I said that if the dimensions are positively identical minus the button cutout, there's no problem, just mention you want no button in the note field and we'll take care of it for you.

Maciek

Quick Reply: RedlineGoods.com now boasting LEATHER ARMREST COVERS!!