5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

6-0 in racing... lucky...??

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2001, 11:19 PM

ive raced against '99 grand prix, 98 mustang gt, 99 prelude, 98 M3, 00 accord coupe v6, and 00 impala and won all, obviously the accord being the least of my worries, he just asked for it

i know they arent that great cars (except maybe M3)

was i lucky with any of these...??
i hav an auto trans with no mods yet
i figure with a cat y-pipe and prcai ill be able to win against cars like s2000, boxster, supra...?

i need to catch up on these mods u all hav
just scared to mess up the car and void warranty, yeh im a sissy

wut are some other performance mods that arent like 3g for like supercharger or nitrous

and does anyone know of any other body kits coming out anytime soon? that ninja looked nice, but are there any in the making?
Old 05-14-2001, 01:13 AM

I'm not surprised that you beat a 98GT. Pre-1999 stock GT's are not that fast.

Nice kills.
Old 05-14-2001, 01:41 PM
My 4DSC

Originally posted by crzyballa33
ive raced against '99 grand prix, 98 mustang gt, 99 prelude, 98 M3, 00 accord coupe v6, and 00 impala and won all, obviously the accord being the least of my worries, he just asked for it

i figure with a cat y-pipe and prcai ill be able to win against cars like s2000, boxster, supra...?

wut are some other performance mods that arent like 3g for like supercharger or nitrous

and does anyone know of any other body kits coming out anytime soon? that ninja looked nice, but are there any in the making?
I'm just wondering how you know the exact year of each of these cars...Were these street races or at the track?
Cuz i highly doubt that you could beat an M3 with your stock mid-hi 15 second maxima.

Old 05-14-2001, 01:52 PM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by My 4DSC

I'm just wondering how you know the exact year of each of these cars...Were these street races or at the track?
Cuz i highly doubt that you could beat an M3 with your stock mid-hi 15 second maxima.
Hey My 4DSC

Are you going to be at your home track in Englishtown NJ on May 23/01? I think some Acura CL-S's need some spanking!

Old 05-14-2001, 02:20 PM

Originally posted by My 4DSC

Im guessing due to the body styles of the cars
the m3 probably didnt know how to drive....but yep i sure beat him.....not smoked....but beat him.....he looked like a snobby rich dude.....so he prob couldnt drive
Old 05-14-2001, 02:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Im guessing due to the body styles of the cars
the m3 probably didnt know how to drive....but yep i sure beat him.....not smoked....but beat him.....he looked like a snobby rich dude.....so he prob couldnt drive
It was probbaly just a rebadged 325 or something becuase there is no way in hell you could beat a M3 with a Stock auto max. The slowest time I have ever seen on a M3 was in a 4 door auto m3 and it still did 0-60 in 6.0, your car does 0-60 in the the mid 7's. M3's are a good race for a SC 5spd max/I30 like me. BTW I am not trying to start a flame or anything like that I am just pointing out the obvius.
Old 05-14-2001, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by emax95

It was probbaly just a rebadged 325 or something becuase there is no way in hell you could beat a M3 with a Stock auto max. The slowest time I have ever seen on a M3 was in a 4 door auto m3 and it still did 0-60 in 6.0, your car does 0-60 in the the mid 7's. M3's are a good race for a SC 5spd max/I30 like me. BTW I am not trying to start a flame or anything like that I am just pointing out the obvius.

so u can actually take a 325 and make it look like m3? maybe...but i just know it said m3 on the emblem...so u hav sc? can u take out a camaro ss or corvette?? and is it truly bad for the engine?? i hav to make some mods on my car soon
Old 05-14-2001, 02:47 PM

so u can actually take a 325 and make it look like m3? maybe...but i just know it said m3 on the emblem...so u hav sc? can u take out a camaro ss or corvette?? and is it truly bad for the engine?? i hav to make some mods on my car soon
Of course people can stick M3 badges on there car, it happens every day. If you really want to make a 318,323,325,328,330 look like a M3 all you need to do is get the ground FX package and new wheels and muffler, and it looks just like a M3. Now for the SC, it makes the car a LOT faster, I was pretty scared of the thing at first. About be faster then Camarow SS? My car will definatly pull harder on the top end but from the lunch a SS will jump me but I always cetch back up and slowly pass them! As for beeing faster then a Corvet, I have never raced one before but judging by mag times it would also jump me on a start and I probably would never quite catch up but it would be a good race. I think if I raced a Corvette from a roll we would be side by side for a while and then he would slowly pass me. As for engine damge due to SC, it definatly is not good for a engine but then again it's not to bad either. The most damage is done to things like your tranny and stuff because of the massive increse in power, things like your tranny and clutch will burn out a little quicker then normal, not a big deal. I have had my SC for 1500 miles so far and it has not broken anything on my car{I broke some stuff my self though}.
Old 05-14-2001, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by emax95

Of course people can stick M3 badges on there car, it happens every day. If you really want to make a 318,323,325,328,330 look like a M3 all you need to do is get the ground FX package and new wheels and muffler, and it looks just like a M3. Now for the SC, it makes the car a LOT faster, I was pretty scared of the thing at first. About be faster then Camarow SS? My car will definatly pull harder on the top end but from the lunch a SS will jump me but I always cetch back up and slowly pass them! As for beeing faster then a Corvet, I have never raced one before but judging by mag times it would also jump me on a start and I probably would never quite catch up but it would be a good race. I think if I raced a Corvette from a roll we would be side by side for a while and then he would slowly pass me. As for engine damge due to SC, it definatly is not good for a engine but then again it's not to bad either. The most damage is done to things like your tranny and stuff because of the massive increse in power, things like your tranny and clutch will burn out a little quicker then normal, not a big deal. I have had my SC for 1500 miles so far and it has not broken anything on my car{I broke some stuff my self though}.
i have an auto, and wut if i just get a super charger and drive around up to 100000?? by the way my car has 8200 on it.
Old 05-14-2001, 04:06 PM

98 M3? I dont know of any stock max that can beat one of these. My best friend has a 98 M3 Conv. with an auto trans and his car would rape mine. Either the M3 you raced was not trying or it wasn't an M3, could have been a 323 or 325 with M badges. Also the odds of you beating a 98 Mustang GT with a stock auto max is also highly unlikely and to answer you ? about beating S2000 and supras with Cai and Y-pipe is not going to happen either.
Old 05-14-2001, 04:11 PM

I back the other posts, even a poorly driven M3 would rip us a new a*s. I don't care if it was from a stop or from a roll or thru the twisties.

Mark
Old 05-14-2001, 04:46 PM

What??? I found a .5 nitrous shot for only about $600... oh well...
Old 05-15-2001, 03:11 AM

LOL. I know some of you won't like this post. Oh well. Let this just be a warning.

Don't assume that the guy you're trying to race wants to win...

Old farts like me (I'm 44 ) found out a long time ago that "fun" on the streets (especially in the inner city) equates to enormous insuance bills after the local constabulary hands you those violations. (I don't want to pay the equivilant of some small country's national debt every six months.)

The solution? Keep the constabulary busy with others, so they'll leave you alone.

This is remarkably easy to do. Find a typical big ego car (mustangs, camaros, firebirds, BMWs, and I guess, some maximas ) and pass 'em at a decent rate of speed. The owners of said big ego cars take offense and leap after you. Let them win and get in front.

What you'll notice next, is they'll no longer let you pass 'em. Thus, as you're tooling down the road at 20-25 over and crest that hill, Mr. Laser Gun Operator takes out after Mr. Big Ego, not you.

I've done this several times to great effect.

Moral of the story is, don't assume that just because you beat a car that should have smeared you, that the other guy didn't have some ulterior motive.

Yeah, I'm a d*ck. Sue me.

Some other observations made through the years:

1) If a cop working a speedtrap was looking at his radar display rather than the cars, and two speeding cars are side by side, he will pull over the faster looking car. If neither one looks faster, he will pull over the red one.

2) If a cop is rolling down the road at 5mph under the limit, no one will want to pass him. Once someone does, however, so will everyone else.

3) Never speed when you're closer than 3-4 miles from a state border on a US/State/County highway. There are too many tourist revenue dollars to be made there.
Old 05-20-2001, 06:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by crzyballa33
[B]ive raced against '99 grand prix, 98 mustang gt, 99 prelude, 98 M3, 00 accord coupe v6, and 00 impala and won all, obviously the accord being the least of my worries, he just asked for it

I live right next to a BMW dealer and have a lot of fun with them.
These BMW are not as fast as you all think they are. It is alot of fun to race these test drivers and shut them down.
So far the only m3 I have lost to had a Dinan modification,
Chip, exhaust, intake. I have stayed right with the others.
I am faster than a 528,530,323,328,318,
A 540 is a little faster but it has 300 hp.
I also lost to a Z3...it was a 115,000 dollar version all aluminum frame, it was a missle.

I cant wait to get a super charger well see if I can take out a M5....