5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Eibach Pro-kit and Factory Struts

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 07:27 AM

Eibach Pro-kit and Factory Struts

is anyone running prokit springs with factory struts and if so how is the ride and what size rims do u have, I have 19's with 225/35's and am thinking about doing this im gonna get struts when these wair out I just dont want or have the money on them to waste right now.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I ran ground control coil overs/ slammed on 18's on factory struts. I couldn't afford the KYB adjustables at the time. They lasted about 4-6 months of daily driving, then the car started bouncing bad. Then I bought the adjustables and the car has been riding great ever since. bout 45,000+ miles so far. That should give you an extreme anyway

-Dennis
Old 05-18-2005, 07:33 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by blkONblk01
is anyone running prokit springs with factory struts and if so how is the ride and what size rims do u have, I have 19's with 225/35's and am thinking about doing this im gonna get struts when these wair out I just dont want or have the money on them to waste right now.

WOW NO ONE HAS EVER ASKED THIS BEFORE!!!!

Well, better start saving for some new struts, pal.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:35 AM

why do u have to be such a smart *** i looked through the old threads and didnt see anything about this setup
Old 05-18-2005, 07:40 AM

Its highly not recommended... but people have done it... the Eibach isn't a big drop, so ya might be okay for a while.

Btw, you are not WASTING money on struts. Those are more important than your springs because those are what essentially damper your ride.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:46 AM

Well if they would enable the search feature, alot of these questions wouldnt be asked. And finding answers would be alot more easier than searching through google. Google doesn't have the most recent posts indexed yet, and google has old stuff that the board has deleted somehow....
Old 05-18-2005, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by iLLin-2k1
Well if they would enable the search feature, alot of these questions wouldnt be asked. And finding answers would be alot more easier than searching through google. Google doesn't have the most recent posts indexed yet, and google has old stuff that the board has deleted somehow....
The search feature is enabled... if you donate.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=378748

Btw, you can always just browse through the previous pages as well, instead of using the Google search. Thread titles are usually a pretty good indicator of the content... well, at least most em are.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:56 AM

Searching the forums places a tremendous load on our server hardware and diminishes the forum browsing experience for everyone.
For that reason the ability to search is limited to our donating members. However there are viable alternatives available.
Well I understand why the disable the search feature, its a good perk for donating members, but to say bs like this is ridiculous. If they would buy a real server they wouldn't have any probs. They only have 48,000 or so members and how many do you think are active all the time? 1/3 if there lucky. Cgtalk has over 200,000 and there search works fine. But maybe they can't buy a real server... Anyway not to hijack the thread;

Your going to have to buy new struts and I recommend buying them as soon as possible if you care about ride quality.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:21 AM

Well I understand why the disable the search feature, its a good perk for donating members, but to say bs like this is ridiculous. If they would buy a real server they wouldn't have any probs. They only have 48,000 or so members and how many do you think are active all the time? 1/3 if there lucky. Cgtalk has over 200,000 and there search works fine. But maybe they can't buy a real server... Anyway not to hijack the thread;

Your going to have to buy new struts and I recommend buying them as soon as possible if you care about ride quality.
Well then, maybe you should talk to him:

http://forums.maxima.org/member.php?...oster&t=403415

Old 05-18-2005, 10:00 AM

Im not the man he is, but if there not going to provide a search feature, then people really need to stop b1tching about it...
Old 05-18-2005, 10:41 AM
F---ing Kangaroos

Do you expect the admin’s to pay for a server just for your cheap a$$es to be able to search?

Stupid comments such as yours are what’s wrong with the .org nowadays. Everyone wants something for nothing.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:43 AM
F---ing Kangaroos

iLLin-2k1: Plus since you aren’t a donating member your opinion doesn’t even matter, your just a charity case.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:47 AM

Im not the man he is, but if there not going to provide a search feature, then people really need to stop b1tching about it...
Like already stated... the search feature is provided if you donate... if people are tired of being told to search and they don't wanna put in the effort to search "manually", then they should donate. If they have thicker skin and more time on their hands, they can do whatever pleases them, and for free; Google search, reading through previous posts and threads, or asking donating members for help...
Old 05-18-2005, 10:49 AM

I would love to donate, but the only way you can donate is through PayPal right? Anyway, Eibach Pro Kit w/ stock shocks sucks. The ride is terrible. Save some bucks for Illuminas (around $435.00 on ebay I think). Don't waste your time putting the springs on w/o the new struts, that's what I did and I wouldn't do it again. Good luck!
Old 05-18-2005, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Stardust
iLLin-2k1: Plus since you aren’t a donating member your opinion doesn’t even matter, your just a charity case.

I was only stating how everyone b1tches about people dont search. Lets think about this for a minute. How many threads are started because there is no search? How much maintenance and effort is put forth because there is no search? How much bs is put up with because there is no search? (such as this ). I was only commenting on how people are so quick to say, "Search" instead of answering questions. Isn't that what a forum is for? Yea the search is a good perk if you donate, but a perk I dont think is worth the bs. But as you stated, my opinion dont matter.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:47 PM

im not a donating maxima.org member but i've bought so many license plate frames

i should donate, but then again puppet, irish, metal, epacy, chigga, housecor, etc has been answering all my questions so im happy.

Running stock struts with aftermarket springs is not recommended but it works because i;ve heard some people running maxspeeds with stock struts. I was going to do that, but decided not to because of the risk factor. To the OP, just pick up a used set of Tokickos Blues, I think puppet did that and he is happy (not very expensive either).
Old 05-18-2005, 12:57 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

I was only stating how everyone b1tches about people dont search. Lets think about this for a minute. How many threads are started because there is no search? How much maintenance and effort is put forth because there is no search? How much bs is put up with because there is no search? (such as this ).
Sorry, slight misunderstanding

I was only commenting on how people are so quick to say, "Search" instead of answering questions. Isn't that what a forum is for? Yea the search is a good perk if you donate, but a perk I dont think is worth the bs. But as you stated, my opinion dont matter.
Would you be pissed off if you had to answer the same question 20 times a week? I’m going to take a shot in the dark and say that it would frustrate you quite a bit.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:03 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

I was only commenting on how people are so quick to say, "Search" instead of answering questions. Isn't that what a forum is for? Yea the search is a good perk if you donate, but a perk I dont think is worth the bs. But as you stated, my opinion dont matter.
Also throughout your life every time you have a question do you ask someone for an answer or do you sometimes look stuff up?

The same principal’s apply here. Look for some of the answers yourself.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:47 AM

Hey, Yes I did ran mine.

Well I did ran mine Pro-Kit springs on stock struts for like about 2 month. I have 18" and at that time it ran pretty good with stock struts, nothing bad happened. But then I bought Tokiko Blues and changed my stock struts, so I don't know if something could've happen if I wouldn't do that.
I see that some people recommend to change the struts when you make a drop. Well then I would if it's realy recommended.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:40 PM

Another data point, I've been running Pro's with stock struts on 18" wheels for well over a year. Although I don't rack up the miles that other people do around here (~20k). No
problems.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:58 PM

this is what I want to hear!!!!