5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My Max just got rear ended!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 03:09 AM

My Max just got rear ended!!

My car just got rear ended like 1 hour ago in front of my house, I was waiting for my wife to come out of the house and take her to her job, When Damn this woman crash into my car. It got hit good. I was inside the car and it felt like nothing but when i came out check the damage well i think i lost it.
I just bought this car 2 months ago and already a stupid b#@^%#t mess it up.
Well now i got to go to the insurance and the stuff, and should i start thinking about 5.5 max since mine was a 2k 5sp.
What do you guys think?
Old 06-04-2005, 03:31 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

That $ucks man. Glad you're ok and that it wasn't a hit and run.

The 5.5 would be a great choice (6 speed, of course) if you're gonna replace your current one.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:30 AM
ODB

hey - new freshly painted parts. I wish someone would rear-end my front bumper
Old 06-04-2005, 05:58 AM
350 Detroit Muscle

Originally Posted by Ride2kMax
Well now i got to go to the insurance and the stuff, and should i start thinking about 5.5 max since mine was a 2k 5sp.
What do you guys think?
5th gen with boost

or

5.5th gen with bolt ons.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:03 AM

Man, what I don't understand is why you guys spend all your money on the Maxima? For God's sake! I mean, I can understand lowering it, new rims and tires. But really any other performance parts are just stupid. Unless you goto the track and race, but that is maybe 33% of the people on this board. Interior is fine, along with what I said earlier,but good God, spend your money on something important, or save up to buy a car that you don't want to change. I just got a 2001 M3 and I am not going to touch it, because it is perfectly fine how it is. You guys bash Hondas and other cars like that, while 75% of you on here are JUST like them only with a car a few thousand more dollars.
I know it sounds like I am *****ing, but there is a point where it just gets kinda stupid for 20+ year olds having daily drivers and spending all this money on there MAXIMA in the engine area just to guzzle more gas when they could be saving money to trade in their max and get a car they can be happy with it stock, that is if they do not goto the track or auto-x.
Damn, I think I have been wanting to say that for a long time, but I don't know why I said it here. Oh well, I am sure I will get flamed by some, but I know at least a couple people here understand what I am talking about..
Old 06-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Man another max bites the dust......lost mine on 5/13 and haven't found a replacement yet.....Finding a 6 speed has been pretty easy here in new england, but the asking prices is outragous.....happy hunting buddy and oh yeah go with 5.5 w/6 on the floor. I made the mistake the first time around getting an auto, but not this time
Old 06-04-2005, 08:14 AM

dam the only thing someone said about spending money on aftermarket parts is what Ammi said. All ride2kmax was talking about was upgrading to a 5.5 gen. you could have alteast blew up in a more appropriate thread. BTW i understand where your comin from but for some people dropping 2k into their car isnt nothing especially the older members that work full time. you only live once might as well be happy doing it and if modding your car makes you happy then mod on.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:21 AM
I Miss My Maxima

MaximaHunty: To come to a thread about someone who just lost one of his prized possessions and throw down a rant about why you think mods are lame is to the extreme. You deserve a million for such a waste of space.

FYI -- There are quite a few people who autox their maxes here who are not too far from stock (suspension and bolt-on mods).
Old 06-04-2005, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaHunty
Man, what I don't understand is why you guys spend all your money on the Maxima? For God's sake! I mean, I can understand lowering it, new rims and tires. But really any other performance parts are just stupid. Unless you goto the track and race, but that is maybe 33% of the people on this board. Interior is fine, along with what I said earlier,but good God, spend your money on something important, or save up to buy a car that you don't want to change. I just got a 2001 M3 and I am not going to touch it, because it is perfectly fine how it is. You guys bash Hondas and other cars like that, while 75% of you on here are JUST like them only with a car a few thousand more dollars.
I know it sounds like I am *****ing, but there is a point where it just gets kinda stupid for 20+ year olds having daily drivers and spending all this money on there MAXIMA in the engine area just to guzzle more gas when they could be saving money to trade in their max and get a car they can be happy with it stock, that is if they do not goto the track or auto-x.
Damn, I think I have been wanting to say that for a long time, but I don't know why I said it here. Oh well, I am sure I will get flamed by some, but I know at least a couple people here understand what I am talking about..
Kid is talking about what a waste of money & what not? Do us all a favor then & have your daddy spend $40K on another used car I am pretty sure I would be happy with a stock M3 myself.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by paralyse
MaximaHunty: To come to a thread about someone who just lost one of his prized possessions and throw down a rant about why you think mods are lame is to the extreme. You deserve a million for such a waste of space.

FYI -- There are quite a few people who autox their maxes here who are not too far from stock (suspension and bolt-on mods).
that is pretty stupid..i dont understand where this outburst came from in the first place...it had nothing to do with the original topic, and who is he to say anything about wasting money when he's a 17 year old with a maxima and a 2001 M3???
Old 06-04-2005, 10:50 AM

Why do you come here if you don't want to her about people modding there car? Who would touch an M3? Maybe a projector mod. Buy your own car. I don't know why your parents would buy you a M3 when more than 50% of teenages crash there car.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:59 AM
ahhh! cliMAX!

do you have any pictures of the damage done by the accident?
Old 06-04-2005, 11:35 AM

I dont have any pics yet i will try to take some i dont have dig.. cam.. it broke 2.
And for that kid that was talking garbage go to honda forums thats problably where you could intimidate people with your M3. 1 more thing keep thanking your pops for your car. Here we get to ride what we buy that's a MAX.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ride2kMax
I dont have any pics yet i will try to take some i dont have dig.. cam.. it broke 2.
And for that kid that was talking garbage go to honda forums thats problably where you could intimidate people with your M3. 1 more thing keep thanking your pops for your car. Here we get to ride what we buy that's a MAX.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Banned

I think hes just here to brag about his used M3... like its an Enzo or something. People need to realize that (a) nobody cares and (b) people who really have money don't need to put down others to feel good about themselves.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:47 PM

For one, I am not putting anyone down, just trying to make a point. Second, I am not bragging, just using it as an example. Third, I am not try to intimidate anyone with mentioning my M3 and if anyone is intimidated, your a loser. Fourth, I come to these forums because I used to have a Max, and I like the cars, I just do not see why some people on here put so much damn money into their cars when it could be used for something much better, unless you actually take your max to the track or auto-x. Fifth, I mentioned the M3 one time, it's not like I said it over and over again. Sixth, the only way I got the M3 was because I got a full scholarship to college and it was my parents gift because of my accomplishment. I know what I said probably offended some people but all I wanted to know is why some people spend so much money on their car for performance when they only drive it on the street. And finally, the "outburst" just came from reading about everyone being like, "how can I make my car faster?" and Ammi saying get a boosted 5th gen or 5.5 with bolt ons. It was nothing against Ammi or anyone on here, just a question of why..
Old 06-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Looking for a few good Maximas

Old 06-04-2005, 04:33 PM

Sounds a lil old haggish for a 17yr old. Work out your insecurities before downing us for our passion.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:06 PM

Theres a reason for Mods

If there wasn't a point of mods, everybody's car will look the same. No more turning heads seeing what people did to their cars. I mean geez dude lighten up, we are in this forum to share what we added to our rides to make it look more appealing than the average stock MAX. Otherwise..we wouldn't have no MAX meets.. there wouldn't be a point. Anyways.. to the guy who posted wish you best of luck on your new car.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:00 PM

I kind of agree with you, minor suspension and rims are ok, but turbos?? Its a large 4 door front wheel drive sedan I would never dream of putting a supercharger or turbo on a max. This summer I am buying a 91' Porsche 951 S2, now that is a car you can go to trackdays and slap turbos on. Not a maxima 4 door family sedan. Maximas are different from civics though, and everyone on this forum is passionate, I know I am. I have not seen one member on here with a riced out maxima, Im not even sure it is possible. As long as no one is ricing out there maximas I am fine with that.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:01 PM

Thanks Zaku.
I took it to the shop today and well they say it's going to be alright after 2500 or around. I just need to talk to my insurance to see what they say.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:19 PM
I Miss My Maxima

wtf. everyone dissing maximas in this thread needs to be pwned with a perm ban.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by zaku178
If there wasn't a point of mods, everybody's car will look the same. No more turning heads seeing what people did to their cars. I mean geez dude lighten up, we are in this forum to share what we added to our rides to make it look more appealing than the average stock MAX. Otherwise..we wouldn't have no MAX meets.. there wouldn't be a point. Anyways.. to the guy who posted wish you best of luck on your new car.
Zaku, that's why I said "performance" mods

Also, I have done nothing to deserve a ban, I did nothing against the rules so if you don't feel the way I do, then don't worry about it. Also, I have no insecurities, if I was insecure, Iwould not still be posting something that it seems like NOONE agrees with. And once again not bragging, but I don't know anyone in their right mind who would choose a maxima over a M3..
Old 06-04-2005, 07:37 PM

In reality you may have a few good points, however, 4 some people in here this is more than a hobbie, so maybee they just fell like your dissing them!
Old 06-04-2005, 08:05 PM
THT
Throbbing member

For one, I am not putting anyone down, just trying to make a point. Second, I am not bragging, just using it as an example. Third, I am not try to intimidate anyone with mentioning my M3 and if anyone is intimidated, your a loser. Fourth, I come to these forums because I used to have a Max, and I like the cars, I just do not see why some people on here put so much damn money into their cars when it could be used for something much better, unless you actually take your max to the track or auto-x. Fifth, I mentioned the M3 one time, it's not like I said it over and over again. Sixth, the only way I got the M3 was because I got a full scholarship to college and it was my parents gift because of my accomplishment. I know what I said probably offended some people but all I wanted to know is why some people spend so much money on their car for performance when they only drive it on the street. And finally, the "outburst" just came from reading about everyone being like, "how can I make my car faster?" and Ammi saying get a boosted 5th gen or 5.5 with bolt ons. It was nothing against Ammi or anyone on here, just a question of why..

Kid, I hope you learn a few hard lessons in college. Jesus Christ, the man suffered a good bit of damage to his car, the second most expensive possession in most people's lives, and all you can do is rant about how we're wasting our money. Then, you proceed to mention your new M3 which your parents bought for you. Buddy, I was in your shoes five years ago and I too went to college on a full scholarship. Know what my parents got me? Books. You're an asshat and I hope you enjoy your M3. Personally, I'm glad you got one as that means you'll be leaving this board.

To the thread starter:

Too bad about the car but it looks like things will be alright. At least you're okay and you weren't at fault.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:07 PM

Let's see the look on your face when ::GASP:: a modded MAXIMA blows by your M3 there are guys in 4th and 5th GENs N/A running very low 13s some even high 12s, I would break my neck if a modded Maxima (I mean modded to all extents rims, drop, body kit, performance, suspension, the works) drove by as oppossed to a stock M3 which I see quite often around here actually. How do you know performance mods guzzle more gas? I have almost every bolt on and I get nearly 400 miles to a full tank. Modding is a hobby of mine, I'm 20 if I don't spend my money NOW when I'm young and able to when will I spend it? Ok lets say I save up for the "future" 10-15 years from now I'll REGRET not living my teenage and twenties years to the fullest. Let's face it I will be working for the next 40-50 years and gradually my income will increase obviously as expenses. But right now my only expense is my car, food, and gas... so why not spend all my money on that and save a little bit here and there for the future. 10-15 years from now I'll be like "yeah man those were the days I had a boosted max and it was fu((ing unique I did this that to it etc..." I'll be much more satisfied knowing that I fulfilled all my desires when I actually have a desire too. YES I would take a boosted fully customized maxima over a m3 ANYDAY. Let's see you can purchase a very well equipped maxima for 7-8K, while a M3 is say 45K,... that leaves me 40+ thousand dollars to hookup my Maxima... you tell me the rest..
Old 06-04-2005, 08:24 PM

i guess we just have too much time on our hands.. i hardly have anything that i own that isn't modified.. even my ps2 controllers are modified.. hAhAHAHha.. it's a hobby.. all hobbies cost money. some are just more expensive than others.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:48 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

17 year old turd. I would like to meet you personally and ***** slap you. The guy just had his car hit, and you post this ? Why did you ask for an M3 when a 29k Cobra can hand you your a$$ everyday of the week. With the IRS, it can keep up to you in the ytwisties, and *** rape you in the straights ....Why don't you do us all a favor, and crawl back to the hole you came from. Stupid idiotic teenager. Go learn how to wipe your *** before you post here.....
Old 06-04-2005, 09:02 PM

I would choose a Max over a 2001 M3. I got a new 325e when I got my full ride to school, and the maintenance killed my beer fund. With your spelling talents your parents should have kept their $. You will need it when your 2.0 GPA nulls your scholarship.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:05 PM

Ride2kMax- sorry to hear about the max but if you didnt feel it then it couldnt have been that bad, see how much to fix it, if its to much i would say go out and get a 5.5 gen 6spd those are REALLLLYYYYY nice...

MAXIMAHUNTY- i go to school in the morning and work all day after, i work 6 days a week and go to college 4 days a week... when im off just 1 day after all that work and school my maxima brings me joy. It was the 1st car i bought with my hard earned money my mommy and daddy didnt buy it for me ... its a hobby for me... CARS... i like to work on them ... and mod them.. its boring if i buy a fast car outta the box, even though our maximas are pretty quick... but the fun begins when you start to modify them , i dont drink, smoke, stay out late etc etc... i just like to spend my money on my car.. and thats a good thing i have a passion.. its not a waste of mmoney , it bring joy to us all.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:16 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally Posted by MaxedOut2003
Ride2kMax- sorry to hear about the max but if you didnt feel it then it couldnt have been that bad, see how much to fix it, if its to much i would say go out and get a 5.5 gen 6spd those are REALLLLYYYYY nice...

MAXIMAHUNTY- i go to school in the morning and work all day after, i work 6 days a week and go to college 4 days a week... when im off just 1 day after all that work and school my maxima brings me joy. It was the 1st car i bought with my hard earned money my mommy and daddy didnt buy it for me ... its a hobby for me... CARS... i like to work on them ... and mod them.. its boring if i buy a fast car outta the box, even though our maximas are pretty quick... but the fun begins when you start to modify them , i dont drink, smoke, stay out late etc etc... i just like to spend my money on my car.. and thats a good thing i have a passion.. its not a waste of mmoney , it bring joy to us all.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:27 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

Ride2kMax - sorry about your misfortune and good luck with the repairs.

Hunty - An '01 M3 for a HS graduation gift is just what a waste of space 17 year old kid like yourself really needs
Old 06-04-2005, 09:39 PM

Shut up and go away.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by KLOOGY
17 year old turd. I would like to meet you personally and ***** slap you. The guy just had his car hit, and you post this ? Why did you ask for an M3 when a 29k Cobra can hand you your a$$ everyday of the week. With the IRS, it can keep up to you in the ytwisties, and *** rape you in the straights ....Why don't you do us all a favor, and crawl back to the hole you came from. Stupid idiotic teenager. Go learn how to wipe your *** before you post here.....
For you and the other guy who talked about being blown away by a modded max and you a cobra, I could care less. I do not want to race, on the track or the street. And I do express my sympathy for the guy who got his car rearended, that really sucks, and I hate it for him, I really do and the best of luck. But after reading Ammi's post (once again, not a rant about Ammi) but it just sorta topped off the way I felt about performance mods on a max and how stupid it is to spend money in that kind of way.

Then for everyone saying to ban me, what about the people who tell me how spoiled I am and call me names? They sounds 1000 times worse than me.

And granted, I know modding is a hobby, and I love seeing what people have done to headlights, side mirror shells (LEDs), and all the hardwork that has gone on to make every Maxima on the .org unique is great. I just simply wanted to state that I felt like perofrmance mods in a Max were crazy to me.

Now, to everyone who tells me I am stupid for getting a M3.. For the record, I did not ask for a M3, my parents surprised me a couple of days ago after dinner and me receiving the scholarship letter. I do not mean to sound like a spoiled brat, and I know many of you took it that way, but it was their decision to congragulate me that way.

I know that to many of you on here, your car is your joy, and that is awesome. I only wanted to know why some of you spent tons of money on your car, and now I know. Honestly, I do not know the first thing about working on a car, or installing most parts, like many of you know how to do, I just wanted to better understand what the point of putting performance mods on the car was to you.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Ludicrous Speed

I don't have a Maxima anymore, I have a lowly Sentra... I am currently looking to "mod" a house, but will eventually get a 3rd or 4th gen and mod the living daylights out of it.. along with a classic american muscle car of some kind...

The bottom line, I think some people can do more with their money instead of spending it on their Maximas... they can invest it, and then soend EVEN MORE on their Maximas.. HA!

AND.. I also think you're parents could have made a better use of their money. You're a 17-year old kid... all you need is a ZX3 Focus. That would have definately been a better use of your parents' money... but it's not your fault because you did not know, and it's probably a much deserved gift.

After you push that M3 to its limit, you'll find a BMW tuner site and hear about all the performance mods that can go in it. At that point you should ask yourself a similar question.. "Why mod a used car?"

But you know what, you're only 17 and you sound like a bright kid. When you're 25, out of grad school, and you're bored out of your mind from being a newly implemented tool of society you'll sit back and think... "damn, I wish I could have some kind of car in a garage and work on it while enjoying a cold a$$ beer right about now"

You'll realize the kind of therapy this hobby can provide for some of us hard-working 20+ year olds.

Enjoy the M3 and enjoy your college years!

BTW: My condolences to the thread poster... women are no god damn good!
Old 06-04-2005, 10:54 PM

MaximaHunty... you're a poser dude. If you care about not WASTING money then why did you buy a M3? Why didn't you get a Civic? Since you care so less about performance mod and wasting money on mods, why not just buy a civic and save your parents a whole load of money? It's called preference. You didn't buy a civic cause you PREFER the M3 plus its hot. Just like how many people PREFER to do performance mod because to them its HOT. I can stand here and say your M3 is g@y cuz it's a waste of money since you don't race or go to the track. You clearly prove how ignorant you are and act up to your age. There are many 17 year olds on the org that are mature and is respectable. But you are just a hypocrite.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:50 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I cant wait till he joins an M3 site and gets flammed for being the idiot that he is. He will go on there asking about his e39 2005 M3....
Old 06-05-2005, 06:13 AM
Banned

I think people really fall in love with their car (Maxima), and dont want to just ditch it and get a "fast" sports coupe. Its more fun to see the improvements made to your current ride, and that you have something nobody else in the world has. Anyone with the money can just go out and buy a fast car, but thats not how everyone likes to spend money. Its mostly about being content with what you have and wanting to see it taken to another level, not replacing it. Im sure that guys on here who have $10,000+ of disposable income to sink into the car could easilly move to something else anyway, but love the car and wouldnt have it any other way.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:06 AM

Ride2kMax - Well Man, I'm sorry for your car...

Kloggy........... I see ya man!!!!!! You living big now 2k4 GT white as well..... Good luck with your new ride......

MaximaHunty............ Boy get a life..... get drunk, get your hands dirty BC you were modding your car..... Enjoy what ever you can get.... But DO NOT BE AN A$$ H*L#!!!!! Here..
Old 06-05-2005, 07:18 AM
Mass_Media™

hmmm....what would you guys prefer? A car that looks fast and is fast....or a 4 door sedan that can hold its own? Sleeper or Stupid?.......and your parents are morons buying you an m3....you talk about saving on gas....how much is insurance for you? since you are 17 I kno for me, a maxima is 689 every 6 months.......so with all the money you "save" on gas you spend it on insurance....and some....your just dumb....

Quick Reply: My Max just got rear ended!!