5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

General engine help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 04:08 PM

General engine help.

Hey guys....before you yell at me i have searched the forums through google and nothing came up. I have a few questions id like to have answered.

1) there is a little vacuum hose i believe coming off my tranny near the battery in the engine compartment. Where does that hook up to?

2) How do i manually reset my ECU? Right now im leaving the battery unconnected for 24 hours.

3) I have the cattman CAI. I have not drilled any other holes except for the one that is necessary to install the intake. Where the filter is by my right wheel in that compartment. Should i drill or take things out to let air into that compartment??

4) If i reset my ECU, will my car manually create a new Air/fuel ratio? cause i jsut installed the intake and i believe my ratios may be off because im getting a good bog.

I know ive been a pest with questions here but im learning guys and thank you for the help. Its been wonderful.

Marshall