5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

OEM rebuilt brake caliper...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 07:24 AM

OEM rebuilt brake caliper...

Hey guys, I have a complete set of 2k1 front & rear caliper that I can rebuilt, sandblast, powder coat, paint or chromed. I can match your car colors too, painting would be the less expensive.

I want to see if there would be any interest for it ? I know many people dont want to go with BB kit but would like to increase the look of their car without modifying the originality of the car. Everyone know that the caliper get all rusty after few months, this would really improve the look of your max but also keep the brake system in optimal condition at all time. I had my rear caliper chromed process last spring and after few months I can tell you the chrome didn't turn blue like many has advise me before I had this done.

The brake system is now much simpler to maintenance since I no longer have to remove the rust in order for all moving parts to do their jobs. When I do maintenance on the brake I only have to clean the parts with brake cleaner and put new grease on the rail and that's it. I found out that because of this the brake are now optimal all the time.

If there is any interest for it I can start this soon. Let me know if anyone is interested, depending on the finishing I will quote the final price to anyone interested. Part of the deal would be that anyone interested would have to send me their caliper assembley after they had installed the new kit, I would only charge a price for the core and once ship to me I will refund you. Any questions ? Feel free to PM me or e-mail at andre@3diweb.com.

Cheers

AA
Old 09-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Selling rebuilt brake parts is illegal in some states.

and no sense in replacing a caliper that isnt bad with another OEM unit.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:49 PM

i need a set of rears, how much?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:37 PM

To the best of my knowledge, it's not illegal to sell refurbish part in canada so if what about the Z caliper that people sell to put on your max, you think they are brand new, nah not at all . Let me put this strait, I have had few sets of 2k, 2k1 complete caliper set, they are Nissan parts. What I do is disassamble, clean all the parts, sandblast them, change all the seals + the parts that need to be replace, I mean when completely rebuil, they are in better condition than new one. In canada when you buy a new set of caliper from Napa, Lavigne or century etc, they always ask you for the core exchange otherwise you pay an extra, what do you think they do with the core ? They rebuilt it and sell it like refurbish. If that's illegal in USA then I wont ship to anyone in the USA. Anyway I had a total of 4 completes set and I sold all of them painted for 289$ per set with new hardware.

Cheers