5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Any experst in this field?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Any experts in this field? (warranties and dealers)

I aksed this before in one of my responses to a different topic, but i did not get much response. Lets see if anyone has experinece or knowledge about this..... i kind of don't want to go to the local dealer and mess with them. Not a pleasant experinece.

I have 2003 Maxima SE with almost 70k miles on it. The car is covered under Nissan's Gold+ extended bumper-to-bumper warranty until 100k miles.
I really want to replace my shcoks/struts, especially the front set.
I am not planning on replacing the springs for now. Only shocks with stock springs.

If i use a good brand, such as Tokoco - HP/Illumina....or anything else that is a "recognised" brand with its own lifetime warranty, do you think that i will lose my warranty or part of my warranty from the dealer? I know that i may need the warranty for other suspension work.,..such as bearings, CV joints and etc. These are expensive to replace on my own. Yet, i really want to improve my ride/handling/stability. FSB, RSB, FSTB did not do the miracle.
Anyone experienced this?

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2005, 10:37 AM

You would only "lose" your warranty if the dealer can prove that your aftermarket mod caused the failure. Whatever else is covered by your extended warrranty would not be effected.

You are opening yourself up to more hassle from them if they decide to deny warranty work on anything suspension related based on the fact you put aftermarket shocks on there. For me personally, I try to avoid giving the dealership any excuse or opening to screw me over.