5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

7 Questions About NOS..

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2001, 12:47 AM
RBa

I'm deciding if I should get NOS installed and wanted to know the following things before I did....

How much is the installation?
How difficult is the labor?
Can I trust my mechanic with it?
Where can I get it refilled?
What bottle size is sufficient?
Do I need gauges or any other mods?
Will a tranny cooler keep the tranny from blowing or do I need to get my valve body recalibrated?
Old 05-29-2001, 06:31 AM

i would like to know the same...
Old 05-29-2001, 07:34 AM

How much is the installation? About 200-400
How difficult is the labor? Well you want to have it done correctly if not "BOOM".
Can I trust my mechanic with it? If you mechanic knows wiring and has done it beofore it should be no problem.
Where can I get it refilled? Contact NOS and they have an automated system that will tell you what is the nearest place around you that has refills.
What bottle size is sufficient? 10lbs
Do I need gauges or any other mods? You may want to know is you are running rich/lean, maybe EGT gauge.
Will a tranny cooler keep the tranny from blowing or do I need to get my valve body recalibrated? I would go with a VB upgrade, I used it on my car with VB and I never had a problem I traded her in with about 110,000 miles. But it all depends on how you use it, don't shoot the NOS until after about 3K RPM's. and don't shoot in the Redline
Old 05-29-2001, 11:57 AM

How much is the installation? depends on the setup - wet or dry. if wet - direct port?

How difficult is the labor? depends on your mechanical skills. I could do a normal setup in about 5 hours, direct port in about 6

Can I trust my mechanic with it? I don't know your mechanic

Where can I get it refilled?local muscle/speed shops or drag strip

What bottle size is sufficient? 10 lb is what comes with the kit.. it's more than enough for street use

Do I need gauges or any other mods? you should get a NOS pressure and fuel pressure gauge

Will a tranny cooler keep the tranny from blowing or do I need to get my valve body recalibrated? it helps. cooler ATF = happy transmission It's not the gears you should be worried about, it's the clutch plates that take most of the abuse when you add more torque
Old 05-29-2001, 01:49 PM

Originally posted by got rice?
How much is the installation? depends on the setup - wet or dry. if wet - direct port?

How difficult is the labor? depends on your mechanical skills. I could do a normal setup in about 5 hours, direct port in about 6

Can I trust my mechanic with it? I don't know your mechanic

Where can I get it refilled?local muscle/speed shops or drag strip

What bottle size is sufficient? 10 lb is what comes with the kit.. it's more than enough for street use

Do I need gauges or any other mods? you should get a NOS pressure and fuel pressure gauge

Will a tranny cooler keep the tranny from blowing or do I need to get my valve body recalibrated? it helps. cooler ATF = happy transmission It's not the gears you should be worried about, it's the clutch plates that take most of the abuse when you add more torque
exactly
Old 05-29-2001, 07:23 PM
RBa

Thanks guys...