5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

attn: MrBurner

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 06:28 AM
maxedout1

your system looks phat but i do have some questions. first off did you change the speakers in the doors? second whay a 800 watt amp for 2 speakers at 250 watt power? i only ask because i am gonna do a system in my car and i want to leave the door speakers and tweeters i just want more thunp in the trunk. can you help a fellow maxima owner find their way.

Old 05-31-2001, 12:16 AM

still have the stock bose speakers in the doors, but with my new deck(s) i equalized them to sound much better than stock

just because the rms is 250 watts, doesn't mean too much...you can put a lot more power to them...it is also a good idea just to have the power because according to almost everyone i have talked to, subs blow mainly from not getting enough power rather than getting too much

jl's are great subs...this is the 4th sub setup i've had and i know many people with setups and jl's have sounded the best of anything i've heard (within that price range)...i'd say get 2 jl 12w3's...the 800a2 is a perfect amp for those...or you could get jl 10w6's if you want 10s...the 10w6's are supposed to almost be as loud as the 12w3's...according to the shop i went to, the 12w6's aren't that great and they use an old technology design whereas the 12w3's incorporate new technology and are of a new design
Old 05-31-2001, 12:37 AM

Also, as I understand it JL under rates their subs. I think I heard that JLs (not sure which W series)can handle 800 watts of high frequency. But I heard this from soemone. I agree with MrBurner the w3s sound great but you have to put them in a proper enclosure suitable for the w3s. Anyways good luck with your system and take pictures and let us know how it goes.

Oh and MrBurner do you have your stock cd player? I am contemplating on a line level converter since I like where the eject button is as oppose to after market cd players and I also like the big buttons, but thats just me. I would like an after market CD player with those two things but have yet to find one since i'm not really a fan of stock sound systems.
Old 05-31-2001, 01:15 AM

i have an alpine cva 1005 tv as my main deck...sitting right underneith that is my alpine cda 5755 (single disc cd player and a digital equalizer in one)...sitting on the hump on the floor in the backseat (fits perfectly) is my playstation 2 which plays dvds for me...in the trunk i have an alpine cha 1214 (12 disc cd changer), i have a vcr, and my subs...hooked upto the vcr is my camcorder so i can record races and even watch them as they are happening on the tv (the first time my friend held the camera out of the window and taped almost straight ahead but a little angled scared the $hit out of me because i was watching that on the tv while driving...it's pretty damn nice (i just hooked up the vcr and camcorder yesterday) and i am still perfecting all of the wiring...my next stereo mod will be building a custom fitted box to fit my trunk perfectly and hold my ps2 and my vcr and i will need to extend the infa red port on my vcr upto the front of the car and i will need to move the controllers from the ps2 and extend them to the front of the car (i have an infa red remote that plugs right into a controller plug...so once i get the controllers up front, infared goes up front)
Old 05-31-2001, 11:20 AM
maxedout1

MrBurner cool thanx now its time to spend more money on my car.