5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Helios 6000k HID Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005 | 06:10 PM

Helios 6000k HID Video

Hey guys, I made a video of my Helios 6000k Hi/Lo H4 Kit and with the recent talk I figured some people would like to see what the 6000k looks like. It's really hard to capture the true color of it on the camera, especially at night and with it raining out etc so I did the best I could. You can see the initial color upon startup and then how it becomes more white, and while driving by in person it's a purple/blue/mostly white color but it's hard to see in this video. Also, it's a light purple/white color while sitting there looking at it not in motion but that's also not captured in the video...At one point I flash the highbeams twice which are just a halogen bulb that change the color and doesn't really make it much brighter, just makes the light more yellow and a little higher but it's good to have for inspection etc...I'll make a much longer and more complete video of all my mods etc in a month or so...Enjoy...make sure the speakers are on.

http://media.putfile.com/HeliosHIDs

I've had them for about 2 weeks and I have driven a lot at night and I haven't gotten flashed once. I've driven at my car in another person's car and the glare isn't bad at all so that's good. Cops don't mind also bc I've passed a ton with no problems. The visibility is great and I highly recommend them. One pic of the output I posted before...

Old 10-09-2005 | 06:39 PM

Video is up...Link in first post...turn on your speakers.
Old 10-09-2005 | 06:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

sweet video...like how the lights came on, on the beat...
Old 10-09-2005 | 07:32 PM

that is bush league, i told you to use "Me So Horny" for you're vid song!!!!
Old 10-09-2005 | 09:59 PM

damn i you should get a commission from maximnabest that does it for me im getting the kit next week...damn would 7k be too blue???
Old 10-09-2005 | 11:00 PM

woww great video!!!!i this this a perfect sample of what hids can do at night
Old 10-09-2005 | 11:19 PM

damn... that video was hot hot hot.... maybe i should've gotten the 6000K instead of the 5000K
Old 10-10-2005 | 05:26 AM

Thanks for the comments guys. When I have some time I'm going to take a few shots during the day while it's dark out at like 5 or 6 so it's easier to see the coloring while driving as opposed to two white blobs where the camera can only focus on that at night.
Old 10-10-2005 | 06:14 AM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by SHouKan
damn... that video was hot hot hot.... maybe i should've gotten the 6000K instead of the 5000K
What's wrong with 5000K? That's what I have, they should only be a little more whiter ...

Kruppa, did you re-aim your housings?
Old 10-10-2005 | 08:34 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I've had my Helios 6K HIDS on for a week and haven't had any problems with them. I haven't been high beamed or pulled over. The light output on these things are great. Much better than halogen.
Old 10-10-2005 | 09:45 AM

yea.. i'm happy with the 5000K.... they are def really white with no hint of blue..... I didn't re-aim my headlights.... glare isn't that bad..... drove behind my friends STI and Accord and they said it wasn't blinding..... and i really haven't gotten flash at except for one time and i think because he was planning on turning or something.....
Old 10-10-2005 | 10:05 AM

I am not impressed with the light output at all. Seems to glare. Better than halogen though. Could you snap a few pictures of the light output on a wall from 5 feet, 15 feet and 25 feet please? Also maybe a few from inside the car? Thanks.
Old 10-10-2005 | 10:30 AM
the org...not what it was

very nice, i'm going to get the 6000k for my fogs mos def.
Old 10-10-2005 | 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by SixxOne
I am not impressed with the light output at all. Seems to glare. Better than halogen though. Could you snap a few pictures of the light output on a wall from 5 feet, 15 feet and 25 feet please? Also maybe a few from inside the car? Thanks.

If you could tell the light output from that video where it's dark and raining out then i would be impressed with your talents. The glare is from the camera if you know anything about filming bright lights at night where the camera has nothin else to focus on...they are MUCH better, not just BETTER than halogen bulbs. the beam is not straight as it would be with projectors but it def reaches out as far as my dads stock HIDs on his 03 BMW. and yes i plan on filming those shots later.
Old 10-10-2005 | 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kruppa
If you could tell the light output from that video where it's dark and raining out then i would be impressed with your talents. The glare is from the camera if you know anything about filming bright lights at night where the camera has nothin else to focus on...they are MUCH better, not just BETTER than halogen bulbs. the beam is not straight as it would be with projectors but it def reaches out as far as my dads stock HIDs on his 03 BMW. and yes i plan on filming those shots later.
Thats odd, then I guess that wasn't the light from your headlight on the ground, or barely hitting the ground and barely as wide as the car. As far as the glare, there is hot spots in the housing. Hot spots = bad.

Here is a picture of an "HID Kit" in halogen housing and a picture of a retro. You can be the judge.

Here is more hot spots and glare:

Old 10-10-2005 | 02:53 PM

Now this how mine look (all photos were taken from hidplanet.com. None of these cars are mine, but good examples of what mine look like. I can snap a few pictures if you want.):

Old 10-10-2005 | 02:58 PM

Also from hidplanet.com

"To date, NHTSA has investigated 24 HID conversion kit suppliers; all investigations have resulted in recalls or termination of sales.

RM Racing
Astex USA
Kmax International
FET, Inc.
J. Liu LLC
Gourmet Garage
JC Whitney
Lighting Research
SPW Industries, Inc.
Pacific Micro-lite
McCulloch Motors, Inc.
Santeca Electronics
JF Manufacturing
Streetglow, Inc.
Outback Products, Inc.
Nu Performance
GR Motorsports, Inc.
Global Premier
New Clor
Importhookup.com
DG International
MTC Lighting
Umnitza
Liteglow
American Products Company "
Old 10-10-2005 | 04:00 PM

If you want to see the real output then look at the picture in the top post and tell me that isn't great visibility.

I personally would never put projectors in my car bc I think they look really ugly and kinda like they are from toys r us. Yes of course the output is better, and the camera cannot pick up the light on the ground at night trust me it's there but you just can't tell when its wet pavement and the way it was shot...if it would make you happy my neighbor has a stock 02 that i've compared mine with and it's the same when it's wet and i could show that on video when i have a chance. It's cheaper than projectors and looks much better i think while at the same time being more than twice as good as halogen bulbs and the coloring is awesome on top of that with the OEM housings ... i'm not sayin projectors are bad i just think they are ugly and not necessary for better visibility at night which I achieved with stock housings...unless you want to use a ruler to draw a straight line if that is your thing...it doesnt bother me that there are little glare marks in those pics bc nobody on the road minds them and the visibility is still great
Old 10-10-2005 | 10:19 PM

Well, I wasn't trying to be a d!ck at first, but you got pretty defensive about it. Everyone has their own opinion. You don't like my projectors and I don't like the Kit in halogens. Oh well. Sorry I came off as being an a$$.

Also to clear up some smoke. You can stick projectors in the OEM 2000-2001 headlights. Some one has done it, but I can't remember who, but it looked clean.
Old 10-12-2005 | 10:28 AM

I find it amazing that people are commenting about the light output of HIDs on a stock 5th gen housing and then saying how great the output is with HID fogs and how they only drive with HID fogs at night with no headlights. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY first off that the output is more "even" or overall bright as HIDs in the headlights that are meant to project a beam for driving at night. If people are not using their stock HIDs in 02-03 Maximas and just the HID fogs I would have to say that using HIDs in stock housing (which some people seem to have a problem with) is WAY more effective than running only HID fogs at night
Old 10-12-2005 | 10:55 AM
大陆弟弟

Originally Posted by Kruppa
I find it amazing that people are commenting about the light output of HIDs on a stock 5th gen housing and then saying how great the output is with HID fogs and how they only drive with HID fogs at night with no headlights. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY first off that the output is more "even" or overall bright as HIDs in the headlights that are meant to project a beam for driving at night. If people are not using their stock HIDs in 02-03 Maximas and just the HID fogs I would have to say that using HIDs in stock housing (which some people seem to have a problem with) is WAY more effective than running only HID fogs at night
Hmmmm, he does have a point. Running only HID fogs IS just as bad as HIDs in a halogen headlight.
Old 10-13-2005 | 01:55 PM

I was wondering if you could post some video from inside the car...maybe a clip with a short drive followed by parking with the lights shining on a garage door or a wall.