5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Finished General Lighting/HID Fog and Headlight Install ( Pix included)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 11:11 PM
SWIFT_Navigator

Finished General Lighting/HID Fog and Headlight Install (16 Pix included)

well the only thing left which is to be finished on saturday is the DDES, and the wiring for them with some minor body work.. the headlights are done and the switch on the interior is ready, but everything else is done:

-2k2 headlight install
-6k Fogs install
-Cleared LED Brake Light
-Shaved emblems
-Frosted Lens

heres what i got, ill post ones after the ddes are done, enjoy =]

favorite pic.. looks like an atomic bomb went off in that car wash stall, haha..

Old 11-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Need A Light?

damn that looks sweet...i really like that 3rd picture...hehe

btw are u running stock 2k2 bulbs? if so, why didn't u go with the umnitza ones while u were at it?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:18 PM
SWIFT_Navigator

Old 11-08-2005, 11:32 PM
SWIFT_Navigator

blue blinker to match the hid fogs
Old 11-08-2005, 11:35 PM
SWIFT_Navigator

last pic: cleared directional/LED brakes

Originally Posted by steven88
damn that looks sweet...i really like that 3rd picture...hehe

btw are u running stock 2k2 bulbs? if so, why didn't u go with the umnitza ones while u were at it?
$$ lol, its something to think about in the future tho..
Old 11-09-2005, 04:27 AM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

looks good......
Old 11-09-2005, 05:57 AM

damn that does look nice. what camera are you using, those pics look really accurate (color temps, etc.)
Old 11-09-2005, 07:14 AM
大陆弟弟

Looks great, but don't you want to match your low beams with your fogs?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:22 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Which taillights are those?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:28 AM
Sports Button FTW

ahh, i plan to do this .... some day....looks really hot. the fogs are more colorful than the heads...i would have changed the bulbs to like a 6k or 7k to match but nonetheless, a hot setup.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:15 AM
SWIFT_Navigator

Originally Posted by OOmaxSE
damn that does look nice. what camera are you using, those pics look really accurate (color temps, etc.)
its an olympus with 10x zoom, its actually about 4-5 year old digital camera, but works good enough for me.

Originally Posted by n3985
Looks great, but don't you want to match your low beams with your fogs?
yea i plan to match them in the future, money is pretty tight at the moment tho, time to save up for more mods.

Originally Posted by MacAlert
Which taillights are those?
the chromed out ones on custom maxima.. they look really good with silver, the black stock ones just cant compare looks wise in my opinion.. plus you can pick any colored blinker you want back there with diff bulb colors, whether your a LED nut or just goin with some chrome bulbs off auto alumination.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:59 AM

Looks good! I also like what you did with putting the "Maxima" emblem on the trunk. How did you get it to stick (being the letters are flat)? Isn't there curvature there where you placed it?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:39 AM

I like the fogs a lot...OOOH LOOK 1,000 POSTS!
Old 11-09-2005, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Kruppa
you "maxaholic", you
Old 11-09-2005, 12:30 PM
SWIFT_Navigator

Originally Posted by MIXXMAX
Looks good! I also like what you did with putting the "Maxima" emblem on the trunk. How did you get it to stick (being the letters are flat)? Isn't there curvature there where you placed it?
yea there is, and from what my friend said theres 2 screws holding the nissan emblem in place so he said he covered that area with the X in maxima.. im not really sure, he shaved the emblems for me while i was active duty in savannah, ga a few days ago..

Question: does anyone know what bulb i can buy to attempt to make the parking lights brighter to match the HID fogs? they look so yellow, we bought some super white bulbs but there wasnt much of a difference.. also whats the highest K recommended for the stock headlights? i was thinking of getting some 8k bulbs..
Old 11-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Kruppa
diggin the fogs, I may look into those in the near future.... OOOH LOOK 7,424 POSTS!

Just messing with ya, Krup...
Old 11-09-2005, 12:45 PM
大陆弟弟

Originally Posted by Italiano
yea there is, and from what my friend said theres 2 screws holding the nissan emblem in place so he said he covered that area with the X in maxima.. im not really sure, he shaved the emblems for me while i was active duty in savannah, ga a few days ago..

Question: does anyone know what bulb i can buy to attempt to make the parking lights brighter to match the HID fogs? they look so yellow, we bought some super white bulbs but there wasnt much of a difference.. also whats the highest K recommended for the stock headlights? i was thinking of getting some 8k bulbs..
White LEDs have a purple glow that matches 6-8,000k HIDs.

Old 11-09-2005, 05:09 PM
SWIFT_Navigator

jeez i dunno how i forgot LEDs, thanks..
Old 11-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Those look pretty nice. If I'm not mistaken you bought those off of ebay correct? Are they the ones from performance depot? How was the install on those?
Old 11-09-2005, 06:03 PM
SWIFT_Navigator

Originally Posted by SC2K1
Those look pretty nice. If I'm not mistaken you bought those off of ebay correct? Are they the ones from performance depot? How was the install on those?
yes, baking was easy, install was a pain.. still gotta drill in the sheet metal to make the headlight fight on both sides smoother, it sticks out a bit but that will change this weekend.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:14 PM

I just purchased 2 aftermarket hids. I need install instructions if anyone would care to send them to me. I have e-bay receipts if necessary.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:22 PM

anyone????
I would really like to get them installed this weekend
Old 11-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Pointy Elbows

Wow, very nice indeed.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:14 PM

yea looks purple in some pics very nice....cant wait to get mines
Old 11-10-2005, 06:03 AM

You have blue blinkers and you live in NY?
Old 11-10-2005, 06:36 AM
SWIFT_Navigator

Originally Posted by MaximaPolak
You have blue blinkers and you live in NY?
yea its not the same as NYC up here.. lol, you can get away with 5% tints all around your car w/o getting pulled over as well (knocks on wood)
Old 11-10-2005, 06:40 AM
"tse-tse fly"

polak i was just in albany and believe me its like the country up there
Old 11-10-2005, 08:01 AM

Isn't there someone willing to help a newbie with the Hid install in a 2k max? It is no problem to provide proof of purchase.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:03 AM

has anyone had the problem of their fog lights cracking due to the heat of the bulbs? I had to replace my passenger fog light and installed the piaa super plasmas in both of the fog light housings. The factory fog light is fine but the aftermarket one I bought cracked after like 3 days. I am kinda irritated cause I spent almost 80 bucks on the damn thing. I was just wondering if anyone has had that problem or if I am the only one. I am thinking about just going to a wrecking yard and buying a factory one as they seem to be stronger. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:51 AM
"tse-tse fly"

Originally Posted by hawaiiankine
has anyone had the problem of their fog lights cracking due to the heat of the bulbs? I had to replace my passenger fog light and installed the piaa super plasmas in both of the fog light housings. The factory fog light is fine but the aftermarket one I bought cracked after like 3 days. I am kinda irritated cause I spent almost 80 bucks on the damn thing. I was just wondering if anyone has had that problem or if I am the only one. I am thinking about just going to a wrecking yard and buying a factory one as they seem to be stronger. Any input would be appreciated.
its not from the heat its from the crappy materials from nissan and its a well known issue with 5th gens fogs..... best bet is to apply plexi or or that other stuff i cant remember what is called over your fogs once you get new ones...that way it wont happen again
Old 11-10-2005, 10:58 AM

what bulb type is that and wheres the cheapest i can find them? thanks
Old 11-10-2005, 12:43 PM
SWIFT_Navigator

Originally Posted by 2K3MAX2NV
polak i was just in albany and believe me its like the country up there
must not have been in albany then.. lol, i live in a suburb, downtown albany is not country though.

Originally Posted by whitemax21
Isn't there someone willing to help a newbie with the Hid install in a 2k max? It is no problem to provide proof of purchase.
host a copy of your receipt somewhere and just post it on here.. then im sure someone would help ya out with the how to's.. i went through the same process, after i posted it to show i wasnt a HID theif two people helped me out on here by the end of that night.

Originally Posted by hawaiiankine
i heard piaa's melt the connectors, not sure about the cracking though but never used them because of the negative stuff ive heard about them.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:42 PM
大陆弟弟

Originally Posted by MxdOut97
what bulb type is that and wheres the cheapest i can find them? thanks
That is an inverted white 194 bulb, go on eBay for cheapest prices.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:38 PM

i heard piaa's melt the connectors, not sure about the cracking though but never used them because of the negative stuff ive heard about them.
Not really, I've been running PIAA Extreme Whites in my fogs for a couple of years now and never had a melting problem. It's acutally the PIAA headlight bulbs with high wattage that melt the harnesses.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:16 PM
大陆弟弟

This question has been beaten to death, but I need some help. One of my FAKE MTEC fogs went out and I need a replacement. What is the whitest H3 bulb you guys know of that is NOT Piaa. I know the GT-X is favored, but I'm not going to spend $80 on fogs when I am getting HIDs next year.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:32 PM

Dear Matt Beck,

This email confirms that you, beck021, have paid nt01@msn.com $308.90 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *NT01".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Details

Purchased Fromerformance_depot

Item # Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal
8012810815 MAXIMA 02-03 REAL HID HEADLIGHT HEADLIGHTS RH NEW 1 $289.95 USD $289.95 USD

Shipping & Handling via UPS Ground to 421XX
(includes any seller handling fees) $16.95 USD
Shipping Insurance (required): $2.00 USD

Total: $308.90 USD
Note:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping Information

Shipping Info: Matt Beck
2250 Claypool Boyce. Rd.
Alvaton, KY 42122
United States

Address Status: Unconfirmed

If you have questions about the shipping and tracking of your purchased item or service, please contact the seller nt01@msn.com.

If your email program has problems with hypertext links, then you may also confirm your email address by logging into your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/us. On your My Account page you will find a "Confirm Your Email Address" link. Click on this link and enter the following confirmation number:

Get Verified – Your Key to More Security and Free Features

Get Verified and help increase the security of your PayPal transactions for yourself and for everyone with whom you do business. You can also:

Fund purchases directly from your checking or savings account, in addition to using credit cards
Improve your reputation by letting others know you're a confirmed, Verified member of the PayPal community
Send money to friends, family, and PayPal Personal Account holders

Get Verified!

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Your monthly account statement is available anytime; just log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/us/HISTORY. To correct any errors, please contact us through our Help Center at https://www.paypal.com/us/HELP.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:34 PM

Dear Matt Beck,

This email confirms that you, beck021, have paid dancinbeaver21@hotmail.com $214.98 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *PROTECH".

Payment Details

Purchased From:dbeaver21

Item # Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal
8008672598 Nissan Maxima Headlight '02-03, XENON, New!! LH !! 1 $199.99 USD $199.99 USD

Shipping & Handling via UPS Ground to 421XX
(includes any seller handling fees) $14.99 USD
Shipping Insurance(not offered): --

Total: $214.98 USD
Note:I read something about discount shipping. Wasn't sure exactly what this meant. Also, this is my first purchase on E-Bay and wasn't sure if I needed to do anything else. If you take care of all of the shipping arrangements, if you don't mind, could you ask that the package be left at the front door if no one is home. If there is something that needs to be done on my part, please let me know. My e-mail address is matthewbeck21@aol.com. Thanks, Matt

Shipping Information

Shipping Info: Matt Beck
2250 Claypool Boyce. Rd.
Alvaton, KY 42122
United States

Address Status: Unconfirmed

If you have questions about the shipping and tracking of your purchased item or service, please contact the seller dancinbeaver21@hotmail.com.

If your email program has problems with hypertext links, then you may also confirm your email address by logging into your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/us. On your My Account page you will find a "Confirm Your Email Address" link. Click on this link and enter the following confirmation number:

Get Verified – Your Key to More Security and Free Features

Get Verified and help increase the security of your PayPal transactions for yourself and for everyone with whom you do business. You can also:

Fund purchases directly from your checking or savings account, in addition to using credit cards
Improve your reputation by letting others know you're a confirmed, Verified member of the PayPal community
Send money to friends, family, and PayPal Personal Account holders

Get Verified!

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Your monthly account statement is available anytime; just log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/us/HISTORY. To correct any errors, please contact us through our Help Center at https://www.paypal.com/us/HELP.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:42 PM

Italiano, sorry to intrude on your post. I posted my receipts in hope that some gengerous person who has the hid install in the 2k max would help a fellow max owner out. I would really like to have them installed this weekend. I am legit as I have proved, and it would be greatly appreciated if someone would send me the how to install. matthewbeck21@aol.com

Thanks, Matt
Old 11-10-2005, 07:54 PM
SWIFT_Navigator

Originally Posted by whitemax21
Italiano, sorry to intrude on your post. I posted my receipts in hope that some gengerous person who has the hid install in the 2k max would help a fellow max owner out. I would really like to have them installed this weekend. I am legit as I have proved, and it would be greatly appreciated if someone would send me the how to install. matthewbeck21@aol.com

Thanks, Matt
check ur mail
Old 11-11-2005, 05:04 AM

Italiano, thank you very much.

Quick Reply: Finished General Lighting/HID Fog and Headlight Install ( Pix included)