5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Hold down unlock to roll down the windows

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2001, 07:48 AM

well i have been thinking about this a lot and playing with a few things to get it to work...not to get your hopes up...i didn't get it to work yet, but i thought of a way that might work...i was looking through the box of relays and there is one for the keyless entry (i just can't get it out of the black relay box)...so i was thinking that we can trade ours for a 4th gen relay and if the remote doesn't work, just go to nissan and tell them your remote stopped working and they will reprogram it for free...so has anyone already tried this? i know a couple people with 4th gens so next time i see them i am going to give it a try
Old 06-02-2001, 09:05 AM

i wouldnt mind that

that would be cool. i know the Passats or jettas do that. windows roll down..

Roger
Old 06-02-2001, 09:12 AM

Hmm. The smart entrance control unit covers the following:
warning chime, rear defogger, power door locks, multi-remote, theft warning system, battery saver control, retained power control, and the interior lamp.

Are you assuming all of this would be the same between a 4th and 5th Gen? If not, when they brainwash it, you may lose more than you gain.

This is assuming you are referring to the smart entrance control unit.
Old 06-02-2001, 04:27 PM

Originally posted by mdeal
Hmm. The smart entrance control unit covers the following:
warning chime, rear defogger, power door locks, multi-remote, theft warning system, battery saver control, retained power control, and the interior lamp.

Are you assuming all of this would be the same between a 4th and 5th Gen? If not, when they brainwash it, you may lose more than you gain.

This is assuming you are referring to the smart entrance control unit.
i am referring to the relay in the front left of the engine compartment labeled "key less"...the only brown colored relay
Old 06-02-2001, 06:30 PM

So, how will changing a relay make your key fob roll down all of the windows?
Old 06-02-2001, 09:53 PM

Man... if this isn't an argument for open-source software, I don't know what is...

Just can't wait for the day when I'll be able to compile something on my laptop, and upload it to my maxima.. Perhaps then I could have the car start, roll down the windows, open the sunroof, pop the trunk, and adjust my seat before I get in... (all from the wireless fob). Ahhh.. anyone remember that show knight rider.. I used to watch it as a kid!!!, and for some reasons, that car seemed significantly smarter than mine..

-Tom Z.

PS... someone mentioned "brainwashing", and "re-programing"... am I to take this as meaning that the smart entrance control unit can be re-programed... ?!?!
Old 06-02-2001, 10:53 PM

Originally posted by tomz17
Man... if this isn't an argument for open-source software, I don't know what is...

Just can't wait for the day when I'll be able to compile something on my laptop, and upload it to my maxima.. Perhaps then I could have the car start, roll down the windows, open the sunroof, pop the trunk, and adjust my seat before I get in... (all from the wireless fob). Ahhh.. anyone remember that show knight rider.. I used to watch it as a kid!!!, and for some reasons, that car seemed significantly smarter than mine..

-Tom Z.

PS... someone mentioned "brainwashing", and "re-programing"... am I to take this as meaning that the smart entrance control unit can be re-programed... ?!?!
what u mean USED TO watch....it still comes on around 4ish and when i got time im still watching that scanner thing on Kit makn that phat a$$ sound....im still amazed by how they got the gears to change and the gas pedal to go down all by itself....like WHOA!
Old 06-03-2001, 04:15 AM

ALREADY OUT!!!!!

Originally posted by tomz17

-Tom Z.

YAH!!!! Knight Rider was the coolest show and will always be!, btw I heard someone say its on at 4ish, on what channel, allthough I've seen and savored each episode, lol, back to the post as a matter of fact that is out. I saw one day on 21st century home a show on HGTV there is some british company who puts a unit in your car and it allows you to find, start, open windows, doors, trunk, etc anywhere in the world via touch tone phone or internet, if anyone has more info please post however i remember this whole kit costing somewhere close to 700.00/month for use of worldwide satellites and such.