5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

holy crap i got torque :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

holy crap i got torque :)

Yeah, well today was the last day of my finals. The parking lot was completely empty. The perfect mood, time, place So I floored it from stop. My maxima did a reallllllllllly long burnout before getting traction and blasting off. And the cool thing is that it is COMPLETELY STOCK. Really happy here.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:30 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=445606

You are stupid. That is all.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:32 PM

Please read carefully, or do I have to make it bold? The parking lot was completely empty. And, oh... Our parking lot is more than a quarter mile long.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:45 PM

We Need a picture of the Rubber that you left laying in the parking lot!
Old 12-17-2005, 12:47 PM

lol, sorry... finals are over and i am not going back to college until january all I can say is that there was a lot of smoke coming from the wheels.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:30 PM

Well, you should be thankful that you don't have torque steer, like the 5.5 gens do.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by kenny
Well, you should be thankful that you don't have torque steer, like the 5.5 gens do.
What do you mean? What happens during torque steer?

Never mind... I found an article about it on google.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:34 PM
Cletus

reckless driving can be on any road or parking lot. it isnt your private property so its reckless driving. doesnt matter if it was empty.
you can do whatever you want but dont post about it. we all have maximas too. we know what they can do and we arent impressed
Old 12-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Driving is the next best thing

Originally Posted by soonerfan
we know what they[maximas] can do and we arent impressed
don’t speak for everyone
Old 12-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by DrKlop
don’t speak for everyone
so you dont know what a maxima can do?
or you are impressed?
Old 12-17-2005, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by DarkYDK
Yeah, well today was the last day of my finals. The parking lot was completely empty. The perfect mood, time, place So I floored it from stop. My maxima did a reallllllllllly long burnout before getting traction and blasting off. And the cool thing is that it is COMPLETELY STOCK. Really happy here.
At what RPM did you launch it?

BTW: post # 500
Old 12-17-2005, 01:56 PM

so you dont know what a maxima can do?
or you are impressed?

Neither lol but I think it's ok to post it.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Cletus

At what RPM did you launch it?

BTW: post # 500
way to encourage immature irresponsibility
Old 12-17-2005, 02:00 PM

Looks like mom and dad are paying for your tires.....
Old 12-17-2005, 02:02 PM

way to encourage immature irresponsibility
lol, i floored it from stop, but it started to gain forward motion around 5000 rpm
Old 12-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Cletus

Neither lol but I think it's ok to post it.
what you think and the rules of the forum are two diffirent thing. and the forum rules will win every time
Old 12-17-2005, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider17
Looks like mom and dad are paying for your tires.....

Or your having your shot old tires replaced in an hour

PS: Nokians smoke like crazy and melted rubber will stay in your wheel well FOREVER, I still have some two years later...
Old 12-17-2005, 02:09 PM

OK, look! Looks like this post is begining to heat up... Please listen: I did not post about racing. I never went above 30 MPH What I did was in a closed environment. There was absolutely no way anybody was going to get hurt (unless I flipped the car or something like that --- and even in that case it would only be me). So please don't go worrying about the responsibility towards pedestrians and such.

I did this to test out my car. Look at all this horsepower and I never seen it in play... I really was amazed at my Maxima. I knew it was powerful, but no that powerful.

So there ya go! I am even more in love with my car....
Old 12-17-2005, 02:46 PM

what kind of tires or better yet how bald were they? another important question about how cold was it? Because last night when i launched at 2Krpm i instantly lit them up got up to 6Krpm, rpm's came back to 5Krpm and this ws at 42* weather with my 225-45 BFg KDW2's at 30psi.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:53 PM

I did the same thing after finals I know the exact feeling. And for all the tight asses on this board. I am sick of your *****ing. Seriously take the stick out of your ***, if you want to preach to people go on to the weekend battles board and preach your ideas and values to them. As for where he gets the money for the tires thats his business and he can do what he pleases with his tires and his car.

Dude dont listen to the people knocking you for what you did. Most of them are too old to even remember what school was like.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:57 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by sciff5
Dude dont listen to the people knocking you for what you did. Most of them are too old to even remember what school was like.
I finished a 5-year engineering program in 4 years...I SERIOUSLY doubt that your workload could hold a candle to mine. Even at the end I still did not feel the need to blow off steam like an immature a'sshat in the parking lot.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

wheres the kid in u people? u wanna roast some stupidity go find a crotch rocket forum and crack on them for doin wheelies at 100+ mph and other stupid stunts that cause way more accidents than a simple burnout...

LONG LIVE THE BURNOUT!!!

Old 12-17-2005, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
I finished a 5-year engineering program in 4 years...I SERIOUSLY doubt that your workload could hold a candle to mine. Even at the end I still did not feel the need to blow off steam like an immature a'sshat in the parking lot.
Yeah.....and? What does that prove?
To be honest this has been the most worthless post so far, because how you felt has no relation to how someone else felt...

You are comparing apples to oranges... totally different person with a totally different set of responsabilities and stresses... For example I may only be a business major at University of Miami (doesnt sound too hard) but I also run the internet sales division of a computer company (a good portion of the total company sales each year) while maintaining a full course load. In my free time I train as a competitive natural bodybuilder. Those things alone make my schedule about as tight as one could be, but I cant assume my schedule is harder than yours or anyone elses (as you have done in your post) because we are 2 different people and you cant assume you know another man or their life till you walk a day in his shoes.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:18 PM

Wow, tempers sure are flaring over a burnout...

I see nothing wrong with them... I grew up with them from my brother and his endless supply of third gen muscle. The real sad thing is how hypocritical many of you are.

If he posted a vid of a new Ford GT, C6, Z06, F430, Enzo... doing a burnout in the parking lot, you all would be saying how sweet it is.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:27 PM

i think both sides have a point to make. why dont we leave it as you do what you want with your car, but dont post about the stuff you do and no one will bother you about it. thats what i think but anyway, drive carefully.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:29 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Yeah.....and? What does that prove?
To be honest this has been the most worthless post so far, because how you felt has no relation to how someone else felt...
I did the same thing after finals I know the exact feeling.
It proves that just because someone completes a semester of schooling that they are not going to act like some ricer toolbag and burnout in a school parking lot.

Don't try and tag me with the 'worthless post' label when I am offering a different vantage of how I handled an IDENTICAL situation. By virtue of the aformentioned argument, that makes a simple "You're an idiot" post justifiable with no segue of an analogous situation.

The heart of the matter is the burnout, which was a function of a high degree of workload-related stress being relieved.

OMGIMSOSTRESSED..BURNOUT TIME!!!!!

Worthless.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:31 PM
mjg

same old maxima.org
Old 12-17-2005, 03:39 PM

It proves that just because someone completes a semester of schooling that they are not going to act like some ricer toolbag and burnout in a school parking lot.

Don't try and tag me with the 'worthless post' label when I am offering a different vantage of how I handled an IDENTICAL situation. By virtue of the aformentioned argument, that makes a simple "You're an idiot" post justifiable with no segue of an analogous situation.

The heart of the matter is the burnout, which was a function of a high degree of workload-related stress being relieved.

OMGIMSOSTRESSED..BURNOUT TIME!!!!!

Worthless.
Good thing I own a thesaurus. I guess those 4 years of college paid off.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:46 PM

lol looks like someone NEEDS TO DO A BURNOUT haahahah
Old 12-17-2005, 04:02 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by MaximaEvolution
lol looks like someone NEEDS TO DO A BURNOUT haahahah
Yes.

I'm very pissed off right now and probably will be for another week until my fawking surface-mount Zenger diodes come in, and iI'm not sure they are even going to work for the application!!!!
Old 12-17-2005, 04:08 PM

beautiful... now lets go have a drink people

Old 12-17-2005, 04:10 PM

Yes and your different vantage point is worthless. Even if you experienced a similar situation it gives you no right to judge his feelings and response to the situation because you are not him. I posted the fact that I did the same thing because the guy was taking crap left and right for something I feel is not a big deal. Most of the guys on this site seem to want to impose their values on others and intimidate them. You tried to intimidate me by most likely referring to a 5$ thesaurus to come up with "big" words to try and emphasize a moot point.

When you have strong ideas you dont need to refer to a thesaurus (or spell check in my case) to get your ideas across.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:11 PM
retired moderator

whether or not you do burnouts in parking lots is up to you....if that's what you wanna do, and it is an empty lot....hey, it's your tires and tranny you'll be replacing prematurely, not mine.

I personally go down to the train station parking lot after doing suspension work (generally on weekends) and actually TRY to push the car to its limits to make sure everything is tight, setup correctly, and no funky noises are occuring....

that said, starting a thread about doing a burnout is IMHO...
Old 12-17-2005, 04:12 PM
dot dot dot ...

I bet you couldn't do that where I live
My maxima did a reallllllllllly long burnout
Old 12-17-2005, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by irish44j
whether or not you do burnouts in parking lots is up to you....if that's what you wanna do, and it is an empty lot....hey, it's your tires and tranny you'll be replacing prematurely, not mine.

I personally go down to the train station parking lot after doing suspension work (generally on weekends) and actually TRY to push the car to its limits to make sure everything is tight, setup correctly, and no funky noises are occuring....

that said, starting a thread about doing a burnout is IMHO...

Good point Irish I'll agree with that. I just dont like how agressive people are about expressing their views on posts like this. They could just as easily ignore the post or express (in a positive way) as you have that posting about a burnout is probably not the most productive thing. At the same time I know the feeling of cutting loose and breakin the law a little and I think he just wanted to share his excitement. Just like people who post about how excited they are about their new mods.. the post doesnt really help people most of the time but its just that person sharing their excitement.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:35 PM
retired moderator

Good point Irish I'll agree with that. I just dont like how agressive people are about expressing their views on posts like this. They could just as easily ignore the post or express (in a positive way) as you have that posting about a burnout is probably not the most productive thing. At the same time I know the feeling of cutting loose and breakin the law a little and I think he just wanted to share his excitement. Just like people who post about how excited they are about their new mods.. the post doesnt really help people most of the time but its just that person sharing their excitement.
I say that he shouldn't have started a new thread....he should have found a pre-existing thread discussing the tires he has (I'm betting they are RE92's), and posted his burnout story there, to prove how much his tires suck
Old 12-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

Doing a burnout =

Posting a thread about doing a burnout =
Old 12-17-2005, 05:22 PM

lol

Thanks... Yes, it really was about the excitement and the stress relief from finals. I am premed. Studying day and night here. Obviously this is my choice and I like it, but hey some fun never hurt anybody.

As about my tires Irish... I got Toyo Proxes. I do not think that they suck.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:27 PM
dot dot dot ...

I got Toyo Proxes. I do not think that they suck.
Then it jus meanZ you gotZ m4D torque y0!!!11one
Old 12-17-2005, 05:31 PM
Cletus

i think its a young thing. you do your first real burnout and its not cool till you tell someone about it. kinda like when you had sex for the first time.
some of us have done lots of burnouts (and had lots of sex) so we dont feel the need to tell everyone.
see everything can be related to sex.

im just mad i cant do a burnout for another 5 1/2 months

Quick Reply: holy crap i got torque :)