5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Started the process of looking for a shop to fabricate SFCs

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Started the process of looking for a shop to fabricate SFCs

After 2 recommendations from shops I decided to give a local place a call that was well known for building some very fast custom race cars. Well I bring it in there and hes like what the hell theres no place for sub frame connectors here. He goes this is a subframe connector and shows me the underside of a mustag set up for drag. They were basically 2 by 2in square tubing that was welded to the floor pan all along the underside of the body. I showed him the pic of the Warpspeed SFCs and he goes they arent even SFCs their some sort of bracing. He seemed very confused on why these would help. He was saying the cross bracing just seems to bolt into the floorpan which isnt stiff its self at all. Than I asked him alright so you dont see any point to these bars how would you improve handling? He goes I dont know anything about handling all I do is quarter mile. I go... so how would you stiffen the chassis. He goes I would cut outthe floorpan and get some tubing in there. I asked him if he could replicate the Warpspeed kit and he said yes. He said mustang SFCs usually go for 300$ and this would require more work. I was like naww I think I'll pass and that was about the end of our meeting. I am meeting with another guy tonight to see what he says.
So far nothin really good to report. So can someone give me more info on how the SFCs connect to the car and how exactly they work so I am better prepared for the next shop.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The second shop just called back to say that when the fabricator came in he said he didnt want to touch it. Thats 2 shops down... hmm things arent looking good.
God damn Warpspeed why does the only supplier of SFCs have to suck so bad at delivering product.