5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

H&R vs Eibach coparison!!! Pics inside.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 08:40 AM

H&R vs Eibach coparison!!! Pics inside.

I didn't plan on posting this, but kinda thought this info could be helpful and interesting for some people. I installed H&R all around on my HP blues not a while ago and here the results compare to my Eibach drop I had.
H&R does look higher then Eibach in the front and slightly in the back. (perhaps H&Rs need to settle a bit in the back???) The ride confort with H&R is noticeably better then Eibach's. I'm don't even have to worry about some bumps around here as I was in the Eibach drop. On other hand I miss the drop and the look I had with my Eibachs. And the handling with H&Rs feels the same as Eibachs.
Both of those springs are very very good. I love them both, but I think Eibach are still BEST springs for me.

Eibach drop

H&R drop

Differet side with comparison again.
Eibach drop

H&R drop.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:51 AM

Here's more comparison.

Ok here you can see the comparison with H&Rs in the rear and Eibachs in the front VS. H&Rs all around. Notice the front H&R gap vs Eibach's, the rear looks almost the same.

Eibachs in the front and H&Rs rear only.

H&Rs all sides.

Pics of different sides with H&R drop all around.

Old 01-12-2006, 09:17 AM

Nice work on the comparison! I was thinking about H&R springs in my car when I change the struts out this spring (no pun intended).
Old 01-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So you feel the H&R handles just as well as the eibach.
Hmmm... that rules the eibachs out for me, because I'm lookin for the best performance/comfort mix.. drop is not really a big thing for me. Now if I could only compare the H&R and H-tech.

How big are those rims by the way?
Old 01-12-2006, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by sciff5
Hmmm... that rules the eibachs out for me, because I'm lookin for the best performance/comfort mix.. drop is not really a big thing for me. Now if I could only compare the H&R and H-tech.

Same here, we're shopping around for springs & struts for dad's 02SE. Not really looking for a huge drop per se, just looking to improve handling and lose the 4x4 look while preserving ride quality. If the H&R springs ride nice and still handle just as well as Eibach, H&R sounds like a winner. I too would like to hear about how the H-techs compare. Anybody?

For those of you who haven't seen Housecor's website yet:
http://www.innerbean.com/housecor/sp..._decision.html
Old 01-12-2006, 09:57 AM
Driving is the next best thing

shurik, what where the reasons behind changing your springs from Eibachs to H&R? Did you get the expected results?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:42 AM

The Eibachs look lower in the rear. The H$R's have a really nice stance where the rear is slightly perched higher than the front. Aggressive Looking!

I have H-Techs and I think that they are even better than the H&R's.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:40 PM

I have also been trying to decide what springs to get for my car. I've had mine for almost 2 years now, and I've been riding around on springs that somebody cut before I got them. My top two choices were H&R and H-Techs, thinking of putting them on together with Illumina's, even though the blues are more in my budget right now
Old 01-12-2006, 12:58 PM

I was totally against springs but for some reason my auto which got totalled during the summer rode sporter/stiffer especially the rear(which se have stiffer springs).My 6 speed rides so much softer and the rear isn't stiff at all. I think the previous owner might have put gle springs in the rear.....I already put HP on thinking it would stiffen the ride up but it didn't. Maybe i will just order some new oem rear se springs and give that a try.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by boondoxmax
I was totally against springs but for some reason my auto which got totalled during the summer rode sporter/stiffer especially the rear(which se have stiffer springs).My 6 speed rides so much softer and the rear isn't stiff at all. I think the previous owner might have put gle springs in the rear.....I already put HP on thinking it would stiffen the ride up but it didn't. Maybe i will just order some new oem rear se springs and give that a try.
it could be due to the wheels you/he had on there, but HP's are pretty much a stock replacement. Put in some Illuminas on the top setting & u'll feel a friggin difference.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:36 PM

^^don't know why people say that but, HP are not the same as stock. Not even close. HP have way more dampening control then stock....I also have stock wheels.....
Old 01-12-2006, 01:45 PM

Eibach drop looks better then the H&R's.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by boondoxmax
^^don't know why people say that but, HP are not the same as stock. Not even close. HP have way more dampening control then stock....I also have stock wheels.....
I said stock replacement, they're like the KYB GR-2's. They're slightly stiffer, but HP's are only meant to handle a up to a certain springrate. Once you surpass that, it renders them useless, leaving you an under/over dampened car.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:54 PM
But why is teh Rum gone?

I heart the look of the Eibach's F with H&R's in da rear... The drop is very clean and even on both sides. A+!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:14 PM

i have eibachs with illuminas i don't really mind the stiff ride because im young but i don't think my passengers appreciate it to much. eibachs i believe give you the best handling but are also the stiffest spring you can buy for our cars mixed with stiff struts your in for a harsh ride but i love'm
Old 01-12-2006, 06:06 PM

are your H&Rs NEW? they do need time to settle, at least couple months, to be in their right height.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:24 PM
retired moderator

so...you gonna sell me the front H&Rs
Old 01-12-2006, 06:41 PM

wonder how soft are the H&R compare to my H-Tech? seems few people want the front only.....
Old 01-13-2006, 01:44 PM

Yes!!!

Originally Posted by irish44j
so...you gonna sell me the front H&Rs
Irish I'm still planning on putting the H-techs in the front and selling you the front H&Rs. I would sell you the H&Rs long time ago, but just can't find the front pair of Tein H-techs right now. Still looking.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by sciff5

How big are those rims by the way?
H&Rs are the best handling + performance mix, but it needs more drop in the front for better looks. It was suppose to lower the front by more, but don't know where H&Rs got those numbers from 1.4 front, cause it realy didn't lower that much. That's what I think.

Ohhh yeah I have 18" wheels.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:55 PM

The reasons why!!!

Originally Posted by DrKlop
shurik, what where the reasons behind changing your springs from Eibachs to H&R? Did you get the expected results?
Well the reasons why I chose H&Rs over Eibach, is because everybody in my family were complaining that my car is harsh, so I bought H&Rs and the ride did improve by much in confort, so I got what I wanted. I like it except of the front drop though. Want to try H-techs in front if I'll find them, should be nice.
BTW sometimes Eibach drop did kinda bother me on some bumps here sometimes, but what a great springs they are. I wish they would've been like H&Rs in ride confort, cause they are indead very good springs.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:59 PM

Yes I liked it too.

Originally Posted by rbrown81
I heart the look of the Eibach's F with H&R's in da rear... The drop is very clean and even on both sides. A+!
Yes the drop in the front with Eibachs was better then H&R's. I would probably stay with that set up, but realy wanted to try how it would be with the H&R springs instead.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:13 PM

Hmmmm.

Originally Posted by Ricedout
are your H&Rs NEW? they do need time to settle, at least couple months, to be in their right height.
Yes my H&Rs are like 3 weeks old. I don't know about the settling time for the H&Rs to settle more, but I think the front H&Rs need a long time to get to the drop it should realy be in.
By the way did some of you guys who did this same set up notice that the front H&R springs are a whole 1 inch shorter then the Eibachs front springs (when you compare them side by side). That is so weird, because H&Rs are higher in front then the Eibachs when they are on the car, and H&Rs are more comfortable as well. Supposedly I heard that the lower the springs are, the lower and harsher drop you'll get. I guess it realy also depends of what material the springs are realy made of, but H&Rs are still a mistery for me.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:46 PM

Anyone ever noticed that, and anyone know why???
Old 01-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am wanting to put springs on my car. After reading this post I am still at a stand still. I had eibachs on my accord and loved them. On my accord I did not change out out shocks. I did notice a problem with the rear camber and tires were wearing out. Will i be able to install springs with out a camber kit?
Old 01-22-2006, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by rbrown81

Come on! Speak English
Old 01-22-2006, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cleck02
I am wanting to put springs on my car. After reading this post I am still at a stand still. I had eibachs on my accord and loved them. On my accord I did not change out out shocks. I did notice a problem with the rear camber and tires were wearing out. Will i be able to install springs with out a camber kit?
Yes you can. I didn't use any kind of camber kit yet, and my tires tread is all even on all 4 wheels from the year ago when I droped my Max.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have also been looking at the tein s springs. They seem to lower the car more and have a more aggressive look. Has anyone heard anything about them?
Old 01-22-2006, 01:47 PM

Ouch...

I have also been looking at the tein s springs. They seem to lower the car more and have a more aggressive look. Has anyone heard anything about them?
Yup, those are the lowest springs you can get for the Max. Will be real bumpy from what I heard some people are complaining. People say they ruin the whole ride completely. I personally never rode on them so I don't know.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well I do not want bumpy. Which do you prefer? The look eibach has is good.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:57 PM

Well I do not want bumpy. Which do you prefer? The look eibach has is good.
If your lookin for a good lookin drop and want comfort go for H-techs..

I just wish we knew what the performance was like on the H-techs. If the performance was equivelent to the H&R or Eibach than I see no reason not to get H-Techs
Old 01-22-2006, 03:47 PM

has anyone heard of problems from only putting HR springs in front;stock in back? i heard some springs blow shocks, HR one of those? Just want to drop the 4x4 front down, can't stand it any longer!!!but at same time i don't want to cause problems;put them on and forget about horror that my car was once a ...........4x4
Old 01-22-2006, 06:51 PM

Eibach will sit or at least look lower in the rear. I had them and didn't really like the stance that it gave so I changed them out to the H-Techs. The ride and stance is now where I like it.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:00 AM

Well...

Originally Posted by Edward Lee
Eibach will sit or at least look lower in the rear. I had them and didn't really like the stance that it gave so I changed them out to the H-Techs. The ride and stance is now where I like it.
Well It will, but that's how our cars are. The Eibach drop is very nice. My car didn't sag or anything like that after riding on it a year.
Here's a good Eibach drop I had.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22...5/DSC04555.jpg