5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Sponors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 07:21 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
In that case, I am "sponsored" too.... I went over there and he gave me yellow fogs y0...
whatever.....come talk to me when you get some man-sized decals

Old 01-26-2006, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by irish44j
whatever.....come talk to me when you get some man-sized decals

hey Irish, I was looking on your cardomain page and noticed you went skiing in West Virginia, did you go to Snowshoe? I've been twice and love it!!!! just wondering if you went there and how you liked it.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:43 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by BRINKLEY
hey Irish, I was looking on your cardomain page and noticed you went skiing in West Virginia, did you go to Snowshoe? I've been twice and love it!!!! just wondering if you went there and how you liked it.
I'll hit you up on pm this weekend to discuss...don't want to hijack this guy's thread....In short, I've been there 30-40 times over the years and yes, I like it.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Mass_Media™

Originally Posted by irish44j
I'm sponsored by RedlineMax for autocross. Sometimes Corey lets me come over to his house, and he gives me kewl stickers

I have kewl stickers to.....
Old 01-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by sciff5
10k for 500whp is considered by most a pretty good deal. The kid here who has a camaro ss (one of the cheapest cars to mod to make serious power) put 9k into his engine to get 500whp, thats not including what he paid for the tranny.
I think I talked to you about this before..
Back during the post "I got to do some work under the hood" when you did your first brake job...Congrats by the way - Hope there still holding up.
Anyway's
500whp for 10k is NUTS...It doesn't take that much freaking money. Are you serious your buddy got jipped.
Think about this for a quick second...
460 long block BBF used from junk yard. $400-600
cheap .030 rebuild kit with longer rodes which will hold up just fine and be reliable if your going to stay N/A.. $1300.00
Big a** carb and decent intake/headers/exhaust. Used parts $300-$700 - depending how long you look.
now your at $2000-$2600 depending how much of a hurry your in
Do the work yourself = free.=======So for Apx. $2300 you can make 1000 HP out of a 460 Stroked to 557 C.I. BBF....
Making more power from less displacement will always cost you more, I.E. 350 with custom cam, aluminum ported/polished/5 angle valved heads, forged rebuild kit to stand the extra power, bigger injectors, etc.
but when your thinking of dropping 10k into a "hotrod"...I say go BBC or BBF, even Chrysler (yuk)....It will absolutely with out a doubt be the best bang for the buck, period...10k into a 3.0 or 3.5 is just retarded.. Return on investment is low with domestic build ups. (302,350,373,411,460,etc)...
Return on investment on a 3.0 or 3.5 build up is just retarded. Your going to drop 10K into something, when I take take anyone of my buddies car's out who have less than 1/2 that invested (with no FWD problems like torque steer) and they will run circles around you all day.
You drop 10k into this thing (plus laber because no offense but I wouldn't recommend you do it yourself. When boring you need to be precious down to .0001) your talking about maybe a 20% return on investment if your lucky.
Retarded IMO.
For anyone else here who has done it........
I forgot to mention the drivetrain..stupid me....so your at $2300...we'll be safe and say $3000.00
Transmission build up $300..buy a new one no labor involved except insall. $1400
(well go with this #)
$3000.00 + 1400.00 $4400.00
Aluminum driveshaft, u-joints,etc..$500= $4900.00
8.8 or 9.0 or 12 bolt main rear end quality build up of 3.55's or 3.73's and 30-45 spline axles, and a trac-loc or posi rear end INSTALLED(Gear ratio obviously depending on engine build up, where power curve will be) $2000
your at $7000.00 and have a RELIABLE 1000 + horse build up with a bullet proof drive train.
If you don't beleive me watch the monster truck races on Speedvision...They are all rated at 1400-1600 HP... Those are 460 bored/stroked motors.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgenmaxima
I think I talked to you about this before..
Back during the post "I got to do some work under the hood" when you did your first brake job...Congrats by the way - Hope there still holding up.
Anyway's
500whp for 10k is NUTS...It doesn't take that much freaking money. Are you serious your buddy got jipped.
Think about this for a quick second...
460 long block BBF used from junk yard. $400-600
cheap .030 rebuild kit with longer rodes which will hold up just fine and be reliable if your going to stay N/A.. $1300.00
Big a** carb and decent intake/headers/exhaust. Used parts $300-$700 - depending how long you look.
now your at $2000-$2600 depending how much of a hurry your in
Do the work yourself = free.=======So for Apx. $2300 you can make 1000 HP out of a 460 Stroked to 557 C.I. BBF....
Making more power from less displacement will always cost you more, I.E. 350 with custom cam, aluminum ported/polished/5 angle valved heads, forged rebuild kit to stand the extra power, bigger injectors, etc.
but when your thinking of dropping 10k into a "hotrod"...I say go BBC or BBF, even Chrysler (yuk)....It will absolutely with out a doubt be the best bang for the buck, period...10k into a 3.0 or 3.5 is just retarded.. Return on investment is low with domestic build ups. (302,350,373,411,460,etc)...
Return on investment on a 3.0 or 3.5 build up is just retarded. Your going to drop 10K into something, when I take take anyone of my buddies car's out who have less than 1/2 that invested (with no FWD problems like torque steer) and they will run circles around you all day.
You drop 10k into this thing (plus laber because no offense but I wouldn't recommend you do it yourself. When boring you need to be precious down to .0001) your talking about maybe a 20% return on investment if your lucky.
Retarded IMO.
For anyone else here who has done it........
I forgot to mention the drivetrain..stupid me....so your at $2300...we'll be safe and say $3000.00
Transmission build up $300..buy a new one no labor involved except insall. $1400
(well go with this #)
$3000.00 + 1400.00 $4400.00
Aluminum driveshaft, u-joints,etc..$500= $4900.00
8.8 or 9.0 or 12 bolt main rear end quality build up of 3.55's or 3.73's and 30-45 spline axles, and a trac-loc or posi rear end INSTALLED(Gear ratio obviously depending on engine build up, where power curve will be) $2000
your at $7000.00 and have a RELIABLE 1000 + horse build up with a bullet proof drive train.
If you don't beleive me watch the monster truck races on Speedvision...They are all rated at 1400-1600 HP... Those are 460 bored/stroked motors.
When I am older, have a steady well paying job and am finally able to afford toys I want 3 cars. A daily driver, a straight line quarter mile machine, and a pure handling canyon carver. The car your talkin about will be what I'm lookin for, for my quarter mile machine..

Btw tonight was the first meeting of the UM car club otherwise known as Hurricane Racing and I went out with a kid who has a 2002 camaro pushing 365 whp and I have to say it kinda opened my eyes. I loved the sound, the torque and the rear end getting a little sideways. We went to a local spot, there was seriously a 100-200 cars there and they were CRAZY. This no joke looked exactly like the fast and the furious. Several 500whp cars.
He ended up racing a twin turbo 350z and beating it pretty bad.
Anyway thats off topic but it was one of the coolest nights I've had in a long time. I wish I had my camera, tomorrow i will have my camera and take some video and pics
Old 01-27-2006, 12:07 AM

sweet man...Sounds like fun..I pulled the rustang out of the garage today myself..Then I took out the grinder and scotch brite pads and started on the prep work for the body....Here's a pic to one of the doors I'm working on now..(prior to prep work) I'll post up some pics of the front quarters and underneath the body molding in a few weeks...Not to sure what I got myself into after I pulled off the molding. yuk..
.http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2195944/4
HAHA..I get to drive this dusty half prepped car that's missing half it's moldings tomorrow cause the max is in the shop getting remote start/window tint as we speak...

(If any of the mods is reading this --- I just wanted to tell you that I can't wait till I get my first window tint ticket so I can come here annd ***** up these threads )

.I'm a little curious though. Is there a link to this 4.0 bore idea? I did a quick search and found the stock bore to be 95.5 mm which converts to 3.76 inch bore 95.5/25.4 (25.4 mm in one inch)
(It's a web search so don't hold me to the 95.5 figure)
so assumming that figure is correct you are proposing a .25 bore, then of course a resleeve which would mean it would have to be honed more than a quarter of an inch since you have to add the sleeve.. I would question the integrity of the engine at this point. (even with a sleeve) You add any more power I would be scared about cracking the block. Or even cracking the block during the honing process..I could be wrong,, I'm going to make the assumption you researched the idea a bit.. If you had, could you provide me with a link..Just for personal knowledge...
Also to add this is very much personal preference and others may disagree but..I don't see turboing a maxima that bad of an idea. .
You would learn SO much if you had done this...You could probably set it to a low 5 PSI and run it with no problems.. Yea of course you have to learn/worry about boost creep, BOV problems, etc..But it's a learning process and once you get it assembled, it would help you understand the theory and you could go from there....Plus if you can find an intercooled kit used, you could probably turn around and get most of your money back when you sold it...