5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Sponors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sponsors?

Hey I only know of one person on here who is sponsored, and they are sponsored by NX. I was wondering how would one go about getting sponsored and is anyone else sponsored on here?

I want to build a 500whp max but of course getting sponsored would make things go a lot quicker.

Has anyone tried the link on cardomain.com that supposedly gets you sponsored (it looks like they just have crappy companies available for sponsorships)

Everyone seems to think I'm crazy but after starting this car club at my school and seeing what kids have and how much they spent on stuff I feel a lot better. I just got done talking to one kid putting out 500+ whp in his camaro and he spent 9k on the engine plus the t56 tranny.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:40 PM
dot dot dot ...

Did you mean Sponsors? Sponsors are I sponsor myself.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Did you mean Sponsors? Sponsors are I sponsor myself.
yes I meant sponsors. why are they ? I figure the only reason I do extra work is to modify my car and drink beer. I might as well give up drinkin and work to promote some companies.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:07 PM
dot dot dot ...

Dont you ever use your search function http://www.forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=440743
Old 01-25-2006, 10:17 PM

Dont you ever use your search function http://www.forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=440743
Lol I saw that but I dont have a second car to drive most of the time, plus as was said there, thats a little dicey. I am lookin for a more leagal solution
Old 01-25-2006, 10:20 PM
dot dot dot ...

500whp in a daily driven VQ35.. Anythings possible, but my funds wont allow me to do that.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:23 PM

Sponsors will make you go to all the cars shows! do you really have that much of a free time?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:28 PM

500whp in a daily driven VQ35.. Anythings possible, but my funds wont allow me to do that.
Yeah Blackbirdvq had this idea. Which is the best I've heard of so far.
Used VQ35DE= 700 bux from a salvage yard, 900 bux for Darton sleeves. Bore out the sleeves to 4" bore and keep the factory rods, crank, bearings. Install custom Chevy 350 pistons matched to the Nissan VQ35 rods. Price for Chevy pistons is REALLY cheap- I can get a set for around 550 dollars with custom specifications. Local machine shop I deal with told me they can re-sleeve my VQ35 for bout 700 bux with overbore to 4". You end up with a 4.0L motor for bout 3200 dollars. You can control VTCs via HKS injector controller...

Although I wouldent need a used vq35 as I already have one, and I would get forged rods and titanium valve springs and go rev happy. This motor with I/H/E should produce around 350 whp. Add a 100-150 shot on top of that and viola.

Total price for engine and No2 would probably be 5 or 6 grand
Old 01-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Driving is the next best thing

In order to get a good contract you have to be able to prove to sponsors that they will not waste their money sponsoring you. ex: you successfully race your car, it got killer good looks, your previous car was sponsored or maybe if you show them that you got a million on your bank account.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Talyan03
Sponsors will make you go to all the cars shows! do you really have that much of a free time?
If its on the weekends I'de spend as much time as need be. If they needed me there 12 hours a day sat and sunday every weekend... Thats no problem for me. I already work 12 hour days 5 days a week, when I'm doing something I love I dont care about how much time it takes.

Seriously I'm somewhat sick in the head when it comes to cars.. Why do you think I spent about 4-5 hours total walking around campus placing close to 1000 flyers on cars, just to get the car club started. I figured that since I only stopped walking for about 5 mins to take a **** and drink some water I must have walked at least 10 miles
Old 01-26-2006, 05:33 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

What does this have to do with 5th gen?
Old 01-26-2006, 06:35 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by sciff5
Yeah Blackbirdvq had this idea
I live on this forum, so therfore no need in explaining.... Great... but $$$ > me

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
My thoughts exactly, www.NADA.com
Old 01-26-2006, 07:14 AM

Give me a few months, I will be sponsored by a few places...
Old 01-26-2006, 07:32 AM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
Excellent question, Mod!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Mass_Media™

Im sponsored by TDC motorsports (local company) for autox. I get free labour thats about it.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mass_Media
Im sponsored by TDC motorsports (local company) for autox. I get free labour thats about it.
Thats really important when you have a highly modded car. If I just had to deal with parts, that would make things much easier, but NRH transmissions is building my tranny and I dont know who I would get to do the enigine work. It would be cheaper to get the engine and tranny done at the same time but I dont think I can come up with that sort of money up front, thats about 10k. I was planning on doing the tranny, than doing I/H/E and than doing the engine a couple years down the line. Even if I never do the engine I can still sell the NRH tranny on here when I sell the car and people will pay good money for it. If I got 2k for it, it would probably not be too much of a loss, seeing how the NRH tranny is gonna run me probably 4k when everything is said and done. They quoted me 3700, which sounds almost a grand higher than people were initially reporting on here. People said they were going for around 2800-3100. Did they give me an abnormally high quote or am I just dreamin?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:51 AM
dot dot dot ...

You're in the clouds.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:58 AM
teddibear703

its hard to find an engine sponsor... since their products arent seen...

best way to get good corporate sponsors are to first spend 10k+, then show them your work and they will know you are serious..and then they will give you some stuff..

companies arent looking to give out free stuff, they are looking to advertise... if they give you a nos kit, they want to know how much coverage they get, magazines, shows, etc...

the benefit Must outweigh the cost...
Old 01-26-2006, 12:00 PM
It's business time.

You must have had a typo. You forgot an "o." And yes, you can be my spooner any time.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:38 PM

im sponsored by JT autostyle, Autoaccessorystore.com>, Next level customs, and CE.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:41 PM
dot dot dot ...

Just because you're sponsored doesn't mean you need that big of a sig ...
Old 01-26-2006, 12:57 PM
El_Presidente

Just because you're sponsored doesn't mean you need that big of a sig ...
It also doesn't mean the car looks good. Who cares about being sponsored. Just mod the car yourself, and do what you want.
Maybe you think getting sponsored is the easy way out of buying mods. In that case you're smoking crack!

Old 01-26-2006, 01:59 PM

Why on earth would you want a 500whp FWD car? The torque steer is bad enough stock.

Anyway, the best way I can think of would be a turbo kit...

But that is at least $8k-10k for a custom turbo kit and tuning, THEN to get to 500whp you will HAVE to have internal engine work. The weak spot on the vq30 from what I remember is the connecting rods. Then the tranny work.

Sounds like a waste of time and money to me...

Trust me, those hp #'s are not easy or cheap to get to. One of the Evo VIII's my brother worked on is now hitting 741whp, and that cost him $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Two different turbos, custom piping, tuning, major internal engine work major tranny work.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:06 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by upstatemax
Why on earth would you want a 500whp FWD car? The torque steer is bad enough stock.
That's been on my mind ever since he posted that.. :But
Old 01-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Banned

Why would you want a big brake kit on a grocery getter?
Why on earth would anyone want to add nitros to a four door?
Why put LED's in your vents?
Who watches TV in their car?
Why do you need a subwoofer? Can't you hear the stock stereo?
Who on earth would add a noisy intake?
Why would anyone want a 3" exhaust?
Doesn't the car come with rims already?
Why would anyone want a 500 whp fwd car?

Because we can. (or at least, some of us can and will that is....)
Old 01-26-2006, 03:34 PM
+Cru OG

Originally Posted by Progress
You must have had a typo. You forgot an "o." And yes, you can be my spooner any time.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Progress

'nuff said
Old 01-26-2006, 04:33 PM

Im sponsored by Falken....
Old 01-26-2006, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by GBAUER
Why would you want a big brake kit on a grocery getter?
Why on earth would anyone want to add nitros to a four door?
Why put LED's in your vents?
Who watches TV in their car?
Why do you need a subwoofer? Can't you hear the stock stereo?
Who on earth would add a noisy intake?
Why would anyone want a 3" exhaust?
Doesn't the car come with rims already?
Why would anyone want a 500 whp fwd car?

Because we can. (or at least, some of us can and will that is....)

All I am saying is that if he wants 500whp, there are much better cars to do this on.

Not only would it be cheaper, but it can handle the power better.

I know lots of people that do things "cause they can", but they have money out the a**. At least try and be smart about it.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:07 PM

All I am saying is that if he wants 500whp, there are much better cars to do this on.

Not only would it be cheaper, but it can handle the power better.

I know lots of people that do things "cause they can", but they have money out the a**. At least try and be smart about it.

Try and be smart about it? Your the one suggesting a tubro kit which to me seems like the dumbest idea going. Did you see that post in the FI section that went something like "you know you have a tuboed max when" and there were several reasons listed which make me think people who get a custom turbo are out of their mind. 1 of which being "you know you have a turbo max when you keep tools in the trunk" yeah that sounds like a great option. For 8-10k I'de rather get my engine built into the full 4.3L stroker kit, and run No2.

My solution costs half the money, is infinitly more reliable and retains stock driving charachteristics.

Why not sink it into another car, because insurance for me costs 3k a year so having a second car becomes expensive quick, I live in New England so I need front wheel drive for the winters. So I would just be swapping this car for another wrong wheel drive car. I have already sunk 17k into this car when I purchased it. If I add another 10k in mods. I'll have a 500whp car with stock driving charachteristics and reliability (as reliable as a car can be with 500whp) for 27k total. Try and find a car that rides like an I35, has 500whp, and is pretty reilable for 27k. mind you 99% of the time I am going to be running all motor and only putting out 350 whp. If you dont like torque steer dont stomp on it, thats kind of a stupid quetion, and when I get my tranny built NRH puts a LSD in so the car will only become better in the winter.

And one more thing. I dont know where you plan to put the turbo but the only solution I know of is with the snail pretty much under the car.. Yeah I want to expose a turbo that glows red hot at times to snow and water and grime.. Turbos and daily driven maximas dont go together very well usually.. its that simple get over your desire for a psshhh sound... it may be cool but if you want it so bad get a WRX.

And not to mention when I sell this car I plan to part it out. I could probably get at least half my money back selling the engine and tranny here on the board.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:16 PM

Anyway, the best way I can think of would be a turbo kit...

But that is at least $8k-10k for a custom turbo kit and tuning, THEN to get to 500whp you will HAVE to have internal engine work. The weak spot on the vq30 from what I remember is the connecting rods. Then the tranny work.

Sounds like a waste of time and money to me...

Trust me, those hp #'s are not easy or cheap to get to. One of the Evo VIII's my brother worked on is now hitting 741whp, and that cost him $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Two different turbos, custom piping, tuning, major internal engine work major tranny work.
Getting a turbo kit before building up your engine and your tranny is type thinking. I am doing it the right way. Building the tranny first than the motor and than the No2 and connecting rods are the weakest link which is why I am getting forged rods. Yeah that EVO probably has huge money put into it. 10k for 500whp is considered by most a pretty good deal. The kid here who has a camaro ss (one of the cheapest cars to mod to make serious power) put 9k into his engine to get 500whp, thats not including what he paid for the tranny.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:31 PM

Try and be smart about it? Your the one suggesting a tubro kit which to me seems like the dumbest idea going. Did you see that post in the FI section that went something like "you know you have a tuboed max when" and there were several reasons listed which make me think people who get a custom turbo are out of their mind. 1 of which being "you know you have a turbo max when you keep tools in the trunk" yeah that sounds like a great option. For 8-10k I'de rather get my engine built into the full 4.3L stroker kit, and run No2.

My solution costs half the money, is infinitly more reliable and retains stock driving charachteristics.

Why not sink it into another car, because insurance for me costs 3k a year so having a second car becomes expensive quick, I live in New England so I need front wheel drive for the winters. So I would just be swapping this car for another wrong wheel drive car. I have already sunk 17k into this car when I purchased it. If I add another 10k in mods. I'll have a 500whp car with stock driving charachteristics and reliability (as reliable as a car can be with 500whp) for 27k total. Try and find a car that rides like an I35, has 500whp, and is pretty reilable for 27k. mind you 99% of the time I am going to be running all motor and only putting out 350 whp. If you dont like torque steer dont stomp on it, thats kind of a stupid quetion, and when I get my tranny built NRH puts a LSD in so the car will only become better in the winter.

And one more thing. I dont know where you plan to put the turbo but the only solution I know of is with the snail pretty much under the car.. Yeah I want to expose a turbo that glows red hot at times to snow and water and grime.. Turbos and daily driven maximas dont go together very well usually.. its that simple get over your desire for a psshhh sound... it may be cool but if you want it so bad get a WRX.

And not to mention when I sell this car I plan to part it out. I could probably get at least half my money back selling the engine and tranny here on the board.

Well, if you are depending on NO2 you really dont have a 500whp car, I dont count laughing gas in normal hp#'s.

Not to mention, if you think that you are going to send your motor out and have it bored and stroked AND have your tranny built to handle the power for $10k you are nuts...

The Evo I spoke of has $8k in motor work alone, and that is not even boring and stroking. Motor work is not cheap buddy, you are looking at 1/3 the picture. Who is going to install all this stuff?? Last I checked you were super excited about changing brakes, you think you can handle motor and tranny installs? I live in the NE as well, and you will have a hard a** time driving ANY high powered car.

You think you will keep stock driving characteristics and reliability????

Turbo's are really not that bad, only ones that are poorly set up. There are tons of them that can drive everyday and be reliable. I have owned turbo cars and they never had a problem with the turbo. As for where to put it, last I saw many moved the battery to the trunk and had tons of room for it. You think I "desire" the sound of a blowoff vavle? Thats why i mentioned a turbo? Nope, I just know that is a sure fire way to get to a REAL 500whp, not funny gas.

I dont have a WRX because I dont want one and I dont have a 500whp car right now, because I dont want one right now. Why dont you spend the money on your school?? Try and be "cool" and go clubbing so you stop whinning about that?
Old 01-26-2006, 05:37 PM

Getting a turbo kit before building up your engine and your tranny is type thinking. I am doing it the right way. Building the tranny first than the motor and than the No2 and connecting rods are the weakest link which is why I am getting forged rods. Yeah that EVO probably has huge money put into it. 10k for 500whp is considered by most a pretty good deal. The kid here who has a camaro ss (one of the cheapest cars to mod to make serious power) put 9k into his engine to get 500whp, thats not including what he paid for the tranny.

Is John Hennessy or Lingenfelter ricers? I dont think so, it is just a great way to get power.

I guess everyone on here with SC or turbos is a ricer?
Old 01-26-2006, 06:09 PM

Not to mention, if you think that you are going to send your motor out and have it bored and stroked AND have your tranny built to handle the power for $10k you are nuts...

No I think you neglected to read my posts sufficiently. I would have it bored not stroked. Check the prices for the engine. It comes out to 3200 installed, not to mention the fact that I already have a VQ35 block so I can save 700 bucks there. So thats 2500 installed, but because I want forged rods 700$, intake 200$, headers 550$, exhaust 500$ and valve springs 200$
That comes out to around 5k. I will be doing the intake exhaust and headers myself and the valve springs and forged rods will go in when its getting bored out.
I was quoted 3700 for a built tranny installed from NRH 3 days ago. So you do the math. It comes out to less than 10k

And Hennessy and Lingenfelter are working with VIPERS vipers have a very stout t56 in them already so theres no need in that case but with an auto trany max building engine before tranny = dead tranny.

What in my setup will dramtically alter driving charachteristics? Reliability I see your concern and thats why I would be getting forged rods, (possibly pistons if I can get them for a good price), headbolts and valvesprings, not to mention the sleeves. But even the guy I talked to a NRH said a 100-150 shot would be very safe. People run 100 shots on stock engines.

And you say you owned a turbo car. Your right theres nothing wrong with a turbo car when it came with a turbo from the factory. Its when you try and make a high compression N/A motor work with a turbo when it wasnt designed for one from the factory.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:13 PM
dot dot dot ...

I'll believe it when I see it. Good Luck.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:16 PM

No I think you neglected to read my posts sufficiently. I would have it bored not stroked. Check the prices for the engine. It comes out to 3200 installed, not to mention the fact that I already have a VQ35 block so I can save 700 bucks there. So thats 2500 installed, but because I want forged rods 700$, intake 200$, headers 550$, exhaust 500$ and valve springs 200$
That comes out to around 5k. I will be doing the intake exhaust and headers myself and the valve springs and forged rods will go in when its getting bored out.
I was quoted 3700 for a built tranny installed from NRH 3 days ago. So you do the math. It comes out to less than 10k

And Hennessy and Lingenfelter are working with VIPERS vipers have a very stout t56 in them already so theres no need in that case but with an auto trany max building engine before tranny = dead tranny.

What in my setup will dramtically alter driving charachteristics? Reliability I see your concern and thats why I would be getting forged rods, (possibly pistons if I can get them for a good price), headbolts and valvesprings, not to mention the sleeves. But even the guy I talked to a NRH said a 100-150 shot would be very safe. People run 100 shots on stock engines.

And you say you owned a turbo car. Your right theres nothing wrong with a turbo car when it came with a turbo from the factory. Its when you try and make a high compression N/A motor work with a turbo when it wasnt designed for one from the factory.

Ooookkkk, do what ever you want...

My brother builds performance cars for a living, I see this all the time. I was on the phone with him and he was laughing his a** off at what you were saying.

i am done with this... have a fun time.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:18 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. Good Luck.
I know right. I want it to happen and I think it wil but if **** hits the fan and I loose my job or something or money gets really tight theres no way I would be able to do this. I just have to hope for the best financially and it will happen. I am just saying what I want to do I have about half the funds already saved up.

I am not saying its gonna happen for sure. I do think it is easily the best hp/$ setup for a daily driver I have heard of though.

Thanks for the luck. I am crazy enough I might just make it happen.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:53 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by Mass_Media
I'm sponsored by RedlineMax for autocross. Sometimes Corey lets me come over to his house, and he gives me kewl stickers

Old 01-26-2006, 07:07 PM

about sponsors, theres a bunch of websites out there where you "apply" for sponsorship, pay $90 bucks to get your application processed and then get a bunch of free stickers and discount coupons.....other than that, it's pretty tough to get a maxima sponsored. there aren't really that many out there.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by irish44j
I'm sponsored by RedlineMax for autocross. Sometimes Corey lets me come over to his house, and he gives me kewl stickers
In that case, I am "sponsored" too.... I went over there and he gave me yellow fogs y0...