5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Revenge against that GTP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2001, 10:29 PM

Revenge is oh so sweet!!!

Tonight after my indoor soccer game, I am on my way home about 3 miles away from my house driving pretty quickly in the right hand lane. I look just ahead of me in the far left lane and who do I see... the GTP Daytona 500 Edition that pulled on me from a standstill a couple of weeks ago. I move over into the middle lane and start pacing him. I lurched forward once... no response so I fell back. I lurched a second time... no response again. Oh wait, he DID punch it. D@mn, I had already let off. I got back on it as he's passing me by, but he shortly let off. I glance up ahead and what do I see... NO, ANYTHING BUT THAT... (sorry it's not a cop, but something almost as bad) a RED light! D@mn, I wanted to race him from a roll, not a stand still again. Oh well, I thought... He's gonna spank me again.

I look across the intersection and there are a few cars in the oncomming turn lane, so I'm wondering if they'll get a green before we do. Well, I guess they showed up at the intersection late, cause we got a quick green. I knew that my reaction time was critical because he's got me beat by about 40ft-lbs of torque. Well, on my face appears a BIG GRIN when I hear him spin a little. A couple of seconds pass and I'm still ahead!!!. I had him beat by about 1/2 a car length. This stretched out to about a car length, at which time he let up... pretty much because he already knew from our previous race that we were dead even from a roll and he'd never catch me!

Too bad I only had about 2 miles to relish in my victory until I got home. Revenge is oh so sweet!!!
Old 06-09-2001, 04:07 AM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by Desert Pearl
Revenge is oh so sweet!!!

Tonight after my indoor soccer game, I am on my way home about 3 miles away from my house driving pretty quickly in the right hand lane. I look just ahead of me in the far left lane and who do I see... the GTP Daytona 500 Edition that pulled on me from a standstill a couple of weeks ago. I move over into the middle lane and start pacing him. I lurched forward once... no response so I fell back. I lurched a second time... no response again. Oh wait, he DID punch it. D@mn, I had already let off. I got back on it as he's passing me by, but he shortly let off. I glance up ahead and what do I see... NO, ANYTHING BUT THAT... (sorry it's not a cop, but something almost as bad) a RED light! D@mn, I wanted to race him from a roll, not a stand still again. Oh well, I thought... He's gonna spank me again.

I look across the intersection and there are a few cars in the oncomming turn lane, so I'm wondering if they'll get a green before we do. Well, I guess they showed up at the intersection late, cause we got a quick green. I knew that my reaction time was critical because he's got me beat by about 40ft-lbs of torque. Well, on my face appears a BIG GRIN when I hear him spin a little. A couple of seconds pass and I'm still ahead!!!. I had him beat by about 1/2 a car length. This stretched out to about a car length, at which time he let up... pretty much because he already knew from our previous race that we were dead even from a roll and he'd never catch me!

Too bad I only had about 2 miles to relish in my victory until I got home. Revenge is oh so sweet!!!
Good you drive a Max....if you were driving a A6 2.7T 6spd you probably would have lost the start from what I hear! (I had to say it!) Nice Kill!

Old 06-09-2001, 07:15 AM
Got Bent?

nice kill
Old 06-09-2001, 08:22 AM

Sounds like you lucked out that the light changed when it did. Good Kill and Congratulations on your revenge!
Old 06-09-2001, 09:38 AM

Originally posted by FloMax
Sounds like you lucked out that the light changed when it did. Good Kill and Congratulations on your revenge!
More lucky that he spun some. Our reaction times were probably pretty close. When we were talking after our first race, he told me that he had just about the best launch he'd ever had. I guess this time, he didn't.
Old 06-09-2001, 10:03 AM

If you had the 5sp you could walk him off with no sweat with all your mods. but you have an auto so its still good you could beat him off with auto trans.

BTW Do you know if he had any mods on his car?
Old 06-09-2001, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by 2001SE
If you had the 5sp you could walk him off with no sweat with all your mods. but you have an auto so its still good you could beat him off with auto trans.

BTW Do you know if he had any mods on his car?
Not a day goes by that I don't wish I'd gotten the 5-spd!

I believe he was bone stock. The tips on his Daytona 500 edition look kinda like Borla tips, but I believe they come that way. He wasn't any louder than stock either.