5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

FSTB Amazing!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2001, 04:07 PM
MykaelG

I'm a new member to Maxima.org and a new 1st time Maxima owner. I really enjoy reading all the helpful threads everyone posts here on this forum. After reading through quite a few treads I got the modification bug. I've had my Icelandic Pearl Maxima/SE 2k1 Auto(wish I'd gotten the 5spd) for two months and today I installed a Courtesy Nissan FSTB in about 15 min. As everyone has said, this has made an incredible difference in the handling of my Max. I can now enter twisting curves with confidence. This mod was so simple and bang for buck is incredible. Thanks to all who have put their experiences and knowledge in this forum to share with new and old Maxima enthusiast. Should my next mod be an RSB? Sorry so long but I've been bitten

Old 06-09-2001, 04:11 PM
Sly

Originally posted by MykaelG
Should my next mod be an RSB
In one word, yes.
Old 06-09-2001, 04:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Stillen RSW

I'm a new member to Maxima.org and a new 1st time Maxima owner. I really enjoy reading all the helpful threads everyone posts here on this forum. After reading through quite a few treads I got the modification bug. I've had my Icelandic Pearl Maxima/SE 2k1 Auto(wish I'd gotten the 5spd) for two months and today I installed a Courtesy Nissan FSTB in about 15 min. As everyone has said, this has made an incredible difference in the handling of my Max. I can now enter twisting curves with confidence. This mod was so simple and bang for buck is incredible. Thanks to all who have put their experiences and knowledge in this forum to share with new and old Maxima enthusiast. Should my next mod be an RSB? Sorry so long but I've been bitten

You can get it today from Stillen for $219! I just ordered mine - they told me they will honor Maxima Day pricing today only. From what I hear the RSW makes even more of a handling difference than the FSTB.
Old 06-09-2001, 04:51 PM
SLOW

$219? damn

Geez the RSB for $219? hah, funny how i purchased mine like 4 weeks ago (not from stillen directly though) and its still not here... oh yeah and i paid $260+ tax... so much for getting a good price / fast service on this mod
Old 06-09-2001, 05:18 PM
Got Bent?

Congrats man Get the RSB....it will be an even more dramatic change.
Old 06-09-2001, 05:22 PM

RSB will make a bigger difference then the FSTB. Worth every penny... although if it was cheaper it would have been great!
Old 06-09-2001, 05:40 PM

Get the ADDCO RSB. Works just as well, a lot less expensive and you don't have to put up with stillen.
Old 06-09-2001, 05:41 PM

You got to get the rsb. It is better.
Then the y pipe....
Best regards,
Fast Walker
Old 06-09-2001, 05:44 PM

Ohhhhh yeahhhhh.... shkishkaahhh...

Congrats and Welcome!

Good job on the FSTB! RSB? Oh, Good God, YES! An even bigger difference!!! And don't forget a modified intake system.

Cheers!
Old 06-09-2001, 05:58 PM

Congrats

I too, just installed my Courtesy FSTB today. I think it's made a "noticeable" difference. I've been driving it kinda hard today, and I've noticed that the response has been better. I don't know. From what I've heard, both on the org and from friends, the RSB is going to make ALL the difference in the world. I really think the FSTB by itself gives you minimal handling gains. I mean, yeah, I can feel that it's tighter in corners, but then again, I think today I've been riding her a lot harder just because of the bar. I should have driven her harder before I put the FSTB in to see what she was REALLY like. Oh well, I ordered my RSB a few days ago, and I'm expecting that bad boy to be at my door by mid-week. I'm sure I'll REALLY notice the difference then. Well, congrats on your mod too. Now you're ready for the RSB!
Old 06-09-2001, 07:26 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by TexMaximum
Get the ADDCO RSB. Works just as well, a lot less expensive and you don't have to put up with stillen.
Thought about getting the ADDCO - but I didn't want to run the risk of dealing with the possible hassle of thunking noises or difficult fitment - glad you didn't experience this but it seems others have with the ADDCO on 5th Gens.
Old 06-09-2001, 07:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Ohhhhh yeahhhhh.... shkishkaahhh...

Originally posted by RcticMax
[BAnd don't forget a modified intake system.

Cheers! [/B]
One word: OSCAI !
Old 06-10-2001, 01:48 AM

Re: Congrats

Originally posted by Y2K1MaximaDevil
I too, just installed my Courtesy FSTB today. I think it's made a "noticeable" difference. I've been driving it kinda hard today, and I've noticed that the response has been better. I don't know. From what I've heard, both on the org and from friends, the RSB is going to make ALL the difference in the world. I really think the FSTB by itself gives you minimal handling gains. I mean, yeah, I can feel that it's tighter in corners, but then again, I think today I've been riding her a lot harder just because of the bar. I should have driven her harder before I put the FSTB in to see what she was REALLY like. Oh well, I ordered my RSB a few days ago, and I'm expecting that bad boy to be at my door by mid-week. I'm sure I'll REALLY notice the difference then. Well, congrats on your mod too. Now you're ready for the RSB!
oh snap, i know exactly what u sayn maximadevil...u guys were given so many props to the FSTB that i was xpectn a HUGE difference and only feel a 'noticeable' difference on tight turns...but im not too sure if its installed properly; the bar's not standing up str8, i think i read its cuz i took both of the black brackets off but im supposed to keep the driver side bracket on...would that really make that big of a difference?
Old 06-10-2001, 07:18 AM

Re: Re: Congrats

Originally posted by MaxedOut2g

.....its cuz i took both of the black brackets off but im supposed to keep the driver side bracket on...would that really make that big of a difference?
doubtful. If you really wanna see a difference, go with the RSB. That's what I'm waiting for. Should see a big difference there.
Old 06-10-2001, 05:58 PM

Yes I did have the thunking problem with addco. This mostly happens when the car is lowered. Its easily fixed. You simply have to slide the brackets as close as possible to the bends on the bar. It not, what its doing is hitting a small flange and bolt on your cross member/link system.

I'm still glade I didn't buy the stillen one from those idiots. I'm pretty upset how they have treated us Maxima owners, and myself when calling for information.
Old 06-10-2001, 09:26 PM
JET Speed Lab

Re: Re: Congrats

Originally posted by MaxedOut2g

oh snap, i know exactly what u sayn maximadevil...u guys were given so many props to the FSTB that i was xpectn a HUGE difference and only feel a 'noticeable' difference on tight turns...but im not too sure if its installed properly; the bar's not standing up str8, i think i read its cuz i took both of the black brackets off but im supposed to keep the driver side bracket on...would that really make that big of a difference?

You ever get a ticket for those white turn signals in the back? i put in some polarg M-9's and there so damn bright, im afraid im gonna get pulled over
Old 06-10-2001, 11:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: Congrats

Originally posted by ToYLeT902

You ever get a ticket for those white turn signals in the back? i put in some polarg M-9's and there so damn bright, im afraid im gonna get pulled over

nah..no ticket, yet...i dont know if its cuz i live in SoCal and every other car is riced out and has clear corners
so cops dont really take much notice to em...but yea they're he!!a bright...i try not to use my indicators when i get near cops anyhow...so that might be tha reason too