5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Vortech Saleen

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2001, 03:35 PM

met a friend of mine who noes people that work at a saleen modification mustang shop.. he got his mustang supercharged for only 700bucks. MAN, will mustang vortech v2s work on maximas?
Old 06-10-2001, 07:08 PM

97% sure that it will.........

NOT!!!

Seriously. If the engine setup on the Mustangs are anything like they were in 89 the kit will not work on the Maxima. The superchargers rotate clockwise since the Mustangs have the crankshaft up in the front of the engine and run the belts in a clockwise fashion. The Maximas run the belts in a counter clockwise fashion in the setup they have on them. Now if you were to get a Saleen supercharger, send it back to Vortech and get the internals upgraded to handle 10lbs of boost (if it isn't an S-Trim like most V8's are running) and to rotate in counter clockwise fashion you might have something. Figure $700 for the kit, $600 for the standard rebuild required on all SC head units coming in and $600 for the rebuild to get it to run counter clockwise and you would have plently left over for fabrication. I am not sure if the Saleen/Vortech supercharger comes as a S-Trim making about 8-10lbs of boost or not. I am pretty sure that it isn't making 6 like the one that Stillen sells us. Might be worth it if you make a prototype kit and then start mass marketing it

Could be me but that is my take on it.
Old 06-10-2001, 07:42 PM

Re: 97% sure that it will.........

Originally posted by jgadlage
NOT!!!

Seriously. If the engine setup on the Mustangs are anything like they were in 89 the kit will not work on the Maxima. The superchargers rotate clockwise since the Mustangs have the crankshaft up in the front of the engine and run the belts in a clockwise fashion. The Maximas run the belts in a counter clockwise fashion in the setup they have on them. Now if you were to get a Saleen supercharger, send it back to Vortech and get the internals upgraded to handle 10lbs of boost and to rotate in counter clockwise fashion you might have something. Figure $700 for the kit, $600 for the standard rebuild required on all SC head units coming in and $600 for the rebuild and you would have plently left over for fabrication. Might be worth it if you make a prototype kit and then start mass marketing it

Could be me but that is my take on it.

hm.. 1300 for a supercharger compared to stillens 4g.. i'll talk to him about it.
Old 06-10-2001, 09:33 PM
is invisible

Any clues about....

the Rousch (sp) Mustang...one near me..gets plenty of looks..just curious.
Old 06-10-2001, 11:06 PM

Re: Any clues about....

Originally posted by CoolMax
the Rousch (sp) Mustang...one near me..gets plenty of looks..just curious.
there are 3 types of roush mustangs

stage 1, stage 2, and stage 3

stage 1 is just rims, body kit, side exhaust
stage 2 is all of stage 1 plus suspension
stage 3 is all of 1 and 2 plus boost...not quite sure i am 100% right

at the ford dealership by me, they have a roush mustang in stage 2 that went for $14k more than the normal mustang...i think it was a v6 mustang (sticker 20k) that they wanted $34k for...a kid at my school has a v6 rousch w/ a stage 2 package and he told me that he is supposed to run high 14s (hasn't been to the track yet)...i doubt that since i beat stock v6's and the exhaust can't add too much...he said the difference between stage 1 and stage 2 is only a few g's and he also told me that you can't get stage 3 unless you are in cali
Old 06-11-2001, 06:08 AM

Here is a Stage III synopsis:
Answering the car enthusiasts' cry for "More Power!" is the Stage 3 Roush Mustang, which pumps up the output of the Mustang GT's 4.6-liter V8 another 100 horsepower (for a total of 360 horses) by way of an Eaton supercharger set at a boost level of 6 psi. A healthy increase in torque also takes place, jumping from the stock GT's rating of 302 foot-pounds to a tire-spinning 375 ft-lbs. Far from simply bolting on a supercharger, the Roush folks fortify the engine with their own intake manifold, an air-to-water intercooler, high-output fuel injectors and, on manual transmission cars, a lightweight aluminum flywheel.
Old 06-11-2001, 08:54 PM
is invisible

Thanks...

Originally posted by MrBurner

there are 3 types of roush mustangs

stage 1, stage 2, and stage 3

stage 1 is just rims, body kit, side exhaust
stage 2 is all of stage 1 plus suspension
stage 3 is all of 1 and 2 plus boost...not quite sure i am 100% right

at the ford dealership by me, they have a roush mustang in stage 2 that went for $14k more than the normal mustang...i think it was a v6 mustang (sticker 20k) that they wanted $34k for...a kid at my school has a v6 rousch w/ a stage 2 package and he told me that he is supposed to run high 14s (hasn't been to the track yet)...i doubt that since i beat stock v6's and the exhaust can't add too much...he said the difference between stage 1 and stage 2 is only a few g's and he also told me that you can't get stage 3 unless you are in cali
I'm sure this one is a V-8...says Mustang GT on the bumber...has an SVT badge as well...and damn it's loud; real attention-grabber. Of course the lady driving it hardly pushes it. Must be a stage 2.
Old 06-11-2001, 08:56 PM

neone ever notice how cheap it is to mod domestic cars?? and how easy it is to do "do it yourself" mods? have a friend who barely spent 1 g in his car and runnin 14.5 stock, AUTO. even time slips.. 95 mustang gt.