5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

auto es motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 11:37 PM

auto es motor mounts

went on to the energy susp. website looking for motor mounts inserts for my 5.5 auto. found them but they are only for 6-speeds. does anyone make inserts or complete mounts for our auto's? c'mon we need em' too!!
Old 02-21-2006, 03:08 PM

Bump, I second that question. ?
Old 02-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Not really needed for autos. My 02 autos engine mounts where just fine because auto don't have as much engine movement as manuals. Not the 6 speed is another story. My engine moves way to much and the car bucks aroung like mad. I haven't changed to energy mount because I like the smoothness of the engine and with stiffer mounts you get more NHV.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:43 PM

well i knew a 6-speed max owner would say that. but honestly we only make about 10 ft. lbs. less than you guys. i can guarantee you that our motors move around just as much as yours. we need these mounts c'mon i know there are some auto max's out there with upgraded mounts. anybody?
Old 02-22-2006, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by k2max_driver
well i knew a 6-speed max owner would say that. but honestly we only make about 10 ft. lbs. less than you guys. i can guarantee you that our motors move around just as much as yours. we need these mounts c'mon i know there are some auto max's out there with upgraded mounts. anybody?
Your mounts don't move around as much. I've owned both and its not even close. The autos also have different motor mounts then the 6sp. The autos have electronic controlled mounts and the 6sp dont. Plus the autos don't really have the wheel hop issues the manuals do......
Old 02-22-2006, 08:09 AM
Out of Order . . .

I know I wouldn't mind some better mounts. My car has all kinds of wheel hop off the line.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:22 AM
F---ing Kangaroos

Originally Posted by boondoxmax
Your mounts don't move around as much. I've owned both and its not even close. The autos also have different motor mounts then the 6sp. The autos have electronic controlled mounts and the 6sp dont. Plus the autos don't really have the wheel hop issues the manuals do......
WOW! talk out your a$$ much? I have also owned both and they are VERY close.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Stardust
WOW! talk out your a$$ much? I have also owned both and they are VERY close.
Are you insane. I could let off the gas in my auto and never get the feeling my engine was moving. The 6sp engine mounts suck and are different from the auto. The autos engine mounts are larger because they are electronic controlled while the 6 speeds are not. That's the reason ES doesnt make engine mounts for the autos. And if you can't tell the difference in feel between the way the engine moves on 6sp vs autos then something is wrong with you or you've never driven a 6speed. That's why so many people who really owned a 6sp complain about how difficult it is to drive the car smoothly. To much bucking due to the crappy engine mounts........CAR IN YOUR SIGGY SAY 2000 SE-HUH
With that comment I highly doubt you've every owned both
By the way here is a pic of both my 5.5

Old 02-22-2006, 12:27 PM
The Definitive AE Master

I'm surprised you can "feel" the engine moving while inside the car. Unless you are driving without a hood there is no way to judge how much one moves more than another. I've seen both auto and manual 4th and 5th gens on a dyno and the motor moves considerably, regardless of transmission type

btw, the motor mounts are the same between 95-03 manual maximas and is not relevent to only 6spd maximas.

EDIT: to answer the original question, the auto mounts are larger because they are electronically controlled and hence there is no bushing insert for it.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:42 PM

I've always wondered what exactly is "electronicaly controled" in the auto motor mounts? Is there a fluid inside that changes characteristics when a current is introduced?
Old 02-22-2006, 12:45 PM

Maybe I should refaze (sp) my answer. You feel the car buck around more with the 6sp. If I remember the all the mounts on the auto are liquid filled while the 6 speed has one mount that isn't. As a whole the auto feels different from the 6sp. The auto rides firmer due to the weight and the stiffer front springs. When I brought my 6sp I didn't expect it to feel different from my auto but it does.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:46 PM
The Definitive AE Master

The bucking (IMO) is more of a gearing issue. 1st gear in a manual maxima is pretty short and we have a infamous bucking issue when letting off in 1st gear. The auto negates this through a taller 1st gear and the electronic stiffener.

The engine moves around too much in general, regardless of transmission type.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Larrio
The bucking (IMO) is more of a gearing issue. 1st gear in a manual maxima is pretty short and we have a infamous bucking issue when letting off in 1st gear. The auto negates this through a taller 1st gear and the electronic stiffener.

The engine moves around too much in general, regardless of transmission type.
Like they say you learn something new everyday. Thanks, that makes alot of sense. Things on this board would be so much easier if people just explained things without flaming you. THANKS....
Old 02-22-2006, 07:47 PM

all of this was pointless, i still have yet to find an answer. great job guys
Old 02-22-2006, 08:01 PM
The Definitive AE Master

Originally Posted by k2max_driver
all of this was pointless, i still have yet to find an answer. great job guys
post #9 .......... cliff notes: no one makes it for autos. If you want, change out for manual motor mounts and buy inserts

Originally Posted by Larrio
I'm surprised you can "feel" the engine moving while inside the car. Unless you are driving without a hood there is no way to judge how much one moves more than another. I've seen both auto and manual 4th and 5th gens on a dyno and the motor moves considerably, regardless of transmission type

btw, the motor mounts are the same between 95-03 manual maximas and is not relevent to only 6spd maximas.

EDIT: to answer the original question, the auto mounts are larger because they are electronically controlled and hence there is no bushing insert for it.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:41 PM

screw it i've got bigger problems. ill just throw on an engine torque damper or figure out something.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:38 AM

Okay so yea wee can i get engine mounts.... my rear one is busted and well my left one iss feeling loose.... i luv my 6spd though i owned both auto and manual max's and well its a pretty big difference...

-ENJOY THE VQ EXPERIENCE-