5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

hit and run

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2001, 03:59 AM
Banned

this is what was waiting for me in the parking garage after work.

after polishing and waxing i'm still left with a good dent.

it's a large parking garage (5 levels), but i think i can find a big burgundy SUV with a scuff on it's (rear) black rubber bumper about the same height as my dent.

i'll report it to security, and insurance, but i know it's going to miraculously equate to the price of my deductible. any recommendations for getting the dent out myself? a shop in northern va?
Old 06-14-2001, 04:50 AM

Yah some ***got family driving in a van hit my mom's Honda, I was almost about to drive my Maxima to the beach the god damn people just hit my cars rim and just ran off, funniest part was a PO-PO was driving behind them and im like wow his lights just turned on he just saw him hehehe, so i stop the accord and i see the popo stopped behind some car who ran a stop IM LIKE DUDE HIT AND RUN!!! jeez this has nothing to do with this i just felt liek posting that hit and run drivers beware i have a 300 magnum in my maxima and if anyone attempts to run from me i will shoot your tires and i will beat your ***, MAXIMA POWER hehehe, as for dave I hope you find that son of a BlTCH and kick his ***, im sure all the maximas an like triple team that looser in the suv and **** him up, hehehe, good luck
Old 06-14-2001, 04:56 AM
Got Bent?

Damn that really sucks! It does not seem like a huge amount of damage, so you are probably right about the deductible.
Old 06-14-2001, 05:06 AM

Originally posted by dave

it's a large parking garage (5 levels), but i think i can find a big burgundy SUV with a scuff on it's (rear) black rubber bumper about the same height as my dent.

i'll report it to security, and insurance, but i know it's going to miraculously equate to the price of my deductible. any recommendations for getting the dent out myself? a shop in northern va?
Dude...Bummer,
Go to a paintless dent removal shop for about 75.00 they will take tht nasty bump clean away. I got slamed at the health club twice in one week the paintless guys fixed me up no problem and it was cheap 150.00.
Best regards,
Fast Walker
Old 06-14-2001, 06:47 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Man... no respect at all. You can get that fixed pretty easily so don't worry too much. Sorry it happened.
Old 06-14-2001, 07:02 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

dentless may be worth a shot.

I've seen several dentless repair jobs that were simply amazing. go to one that has a money back guarantee. you have nothing to lose. I saw something like you have virtually gone - and I'm very picky about this sort of thing.
Old 06-14-2001, 07:47 AM

Sorry about the accident. Hope all gets worked out.
Old 06-14-2001, 11:13 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

haha, dentless repair

I meant 'paintless'.. if it was dentless, I guess you wouldnt need a repair!
Old 06-14-2001, 12:56 PM

sorry dude

bad scratch, i know how it feels, but for less than $100 you can get it fixed, good luck.
Old 06-14-2001, 01:02 PM

that sux

Originally posted by dave

Dam i feel for you man, My car is going to be ready next week. 1600 dollars, new door shell, fix fender, fix rear lower half of door. Paint all.
i hate insurance estimates. I would got it fixed all underground if not being scared of getting sued.
Roger
oh well no rims, no nothing.
Old 06-14-2001, 01:27 PM

A good story

I know that this won't fix your dent, but perhaps it will help to realize that sometimes people do get their just deserts.

My father was a Big manager type for IBM. One day somebody backed into his car in the parking garage at work. The person drove off, but was witnessed by another person. Anyway, to make the long story short, it turns out the guy was an employee of my father.

So he calls him into his office and says:

"Hey what did you do at lunch today"

"Oh not much, why ???"

"Well you hit my car Dummy !!"

I guess the guy turned all kinds of shades of white and grey apologizing and offering to pay. What sweet justice.

Sorry about your dent though.
Old 06-14-2001, 04:10 PM

Re: A good story

Originally posted by jopa

I guess the guy turned all kinds of shades of white and grey apologizing and offering to pay. What sweet justice.
Heh... if I was your dad, I wouldn't have fired the guy... IBM MAIL ROOM!!!! HAHAHA...

Anywayz, Dave, it doesn't look that bad... I just had some body work done on my max (the right, rear, side was de-dented and re-painted)... Didn't cost that much, and you're damage looks significantly less expensive (perhaps won't even need re-painting).. I didn't even bother my insurance company, cuz it was just $200 over deductible..

-Tom Z.

PS.. your sterling mist looks like a sunlit sand in the second pic !!!!
Old 06-14-2001, 04:17 PM

Man that suks. You know the same thing happened to me. My deductible was only a $100, since I told my insurance company that it was vandalism. Yours kinda looks like someone kicked it too.

Two weeks after my garage accident, someone really hit my car in the parking lot of a bar. I'll see if the body shop kept any digital pics. You will be amazed and horrified to see what happened.
Old 06-15-2001, 07:01 AM

I saw that happen last weekend in the strip mall parking lot. I was waiting for this guy to back out of his spot so that I could go through. Old guy in a huge car. Backed straight across the aisle, smacked into the Passat parked there, then drove off like nothing happened. I noted his plate number, but didn't have a pen. When I came back out of the store, the Passat had left already, so I couldn't leave my note. But I always leave a note when I see people do sh*t like that. ****es me off when I see stuff like that.
Old 06-15-2001, 07:23 AM

Dude, I work in Reston and when I was reading your post I was thinking, that's exactly the kind of thing that would happen in our parking garage -- which is 5 levels! Where do you work?

Anyway, I wouldn't take it to Rosenthal bodyshop in Tysons, even though they're affiliated with Nissan. They repaired our pearl white '96 GXE and did a bad job matching the paint, plus painted it when the car was dirty and the overspray gave other spots on the car a rough feel.

Craftsman autobody does good work -- they even helped me push out a dented in bumper cover for free when there was no other damage to repair. My neighbors wrecked their Z3 a few times and always took it there (the one in Sterling).
Old 06-15-2001, 08:42 AM
Banned

I'm at DynCorp, off Sunset Hills in Reston. I was parked on P3 at the time. I know there's at least one other 5th gen sunlit sand SE in the garage, but there might be another - there's alot in this area.

Fortunately my paint isn't scratched, still good, so I need a quality place that can push out that dent on the seam. Thanks for the recommendation.