5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Preventive Maintenance = $500

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 01:00 PM

Frisco...

Nice to meet you Frisco....I already have the design layout for the VQ35DE made up... The Skunk2 Plenum spacer and the Mutlidyne do NOT fit the 5.5 gen Max's. I bought BOTH of them and tried them out. They are for RWD cars and the plenum bolts are different. That is exactly why I made this one for mine, and can also make them for the VQ30 as well. I do not know what the ultimate dyno results are until I have a finished product in front of me for the VQ30, but I would assume a decent gain off of it. I need the layout, which I am working on this weekend (VQ30) I would imagine it is not going to take me more than a couple weeks to put it together and I am going to be working with a very well known member of the Maxima/Infinti community (who shall remain nameless for now) We ALL crave more safe power in our vehicles and our cars are capable of doing just that. I will be posting pictures of my project 2002 Infiniti I35 tonight and Dyno test results very soon. Last Dyno Run I put down 296whp. If you have any questions for me as far as the spacer, please email me at Blackfinny2002@yahoo.com Thank you all for welcoming me as a Maxima.org member also. I know I drive an A33 and that's all I know! Gota love tearing up G35 coupes and 350Z's !!!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Chassis Freak

Hey sleeper, sounds great. I'd be interested in one for the VQ30 if you can send me a link or three to threads or articles with dyno results showing that such a spacer does give gains. How much would they cost? And maybe you should start a new thread in the Group Deal forum.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by sleeperI35
Everyone contradicting everyone elses opinion instead of listening to them is no good for a board that is supposed to help others do similiar jobs with the same car...Its what these boards are for...ON TO THE TOPIC AT HAND...

Take a look at the picture of the complete intake manifold that was posted in the beginning of this thread....That is the WHOLE intake manifold. There are four bolts on the back of the upper plenum that connect the air intake tube to the upper plenum...if these four bolts are removed, and the PLENUM bolts are seperated, then you have access to move the upper plenum, (the peice that is blocking access to the middle coil) You DO NOT have to take the ENTIRE manifold off to change the plugs.... I am only posting this to help someone else out with a job that they have to do. No need to call someone stupid or moronic, because in actuality that person is 100% correct. The entire intake doesn't have to be removed. I have done it personally twice. Believe it or not I really could care less, but it is the way I have done it, and I NEVER removed the whole intake manifold, I also have a spare gasket for the intake manifold, because I bought it thinking I would need it, but didn't. If you want to fight me on this point, feel free. I am trying to help people out having problems changing the plugs. I see no point, (personally) to chaning the coils unless they are bad, but it cannot hurt. To the guy who wants to close the conversation that just posted above me, you could benefit from the information being given to you. HERE IS A FREEBIE also. If you ahven't seen it before there is a 1 free horsepower gain that definitely works with plugs. When you are putting in the plugs (regardless of type) mark which side the plug top faces with a Sharpie Marker, then hand tighten until sitting correctly. Use your deep well spark plug socket to tighten the plug until the mark is facing the back of the motor in the front plug set and vice versa for the rear. 1 HP doesn't matter than much, but hey it's free right?

The 2nd photo shows the upper and lower collectors. They bolt onto the intake manifold that is shown in the third photo. You remove the collectors and leave the intake manifold in place as shown in those photos. I think there is some confusion as to what people consider the intake manifold to be.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:22 AM

TO VQUICK....

I will start a thread in the GD forum no problem, I just have to get it finalized, manufactured and tested. The layout is there already for the VQ35 and working currently on the VQ30 layout. I already have the materials used and the manufacturing company has taken serious interest in the item, as many others have as well. As soon as I am done with both of them I will release dyno results 3 pulls with each....Without the spacer in, with it in, and without it in again to be thorough.

To Zero Deuce...

You reiiterated what I said. the PLENUM seperates from the intake manifold. In the service manual you can look up the intake manifold and see that the three tube portion seperates form the whole intake manifold, giving you enough room to reach the middle coil. I think this conversation should stop here though!!! Thank you all. If there are any questions or suggestions about the gasket in progress right now, please feel free to email me personally @ Blackfinny2002@yahoo.com. I might also need a donor VQ30 to test the gasket on when complete for dyno results, and we can work something out.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Chassis Freak

Great! If you dyno test it and show significant gains, and if the price is reasonable, you have a huge potential market on the Org since everyone loves simple-to-install performance mods.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:23 AM

WOW I knew there would be a response, but guys, please slow down. I am only in the final stages right now!! VQUICK, I will let you know as soon as it's done. Seems like I joined a forum that everyone is like me.."horespower? Where, How much Hows it work!!" LOL I love you guys. This forum is great for Maxima /I35 oweners looking for anything for their cars..