5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

OnyxMaximus The Gladiator

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2001, 09:50 AM

I've been waiting for the opportunity to race my car against some other rides. I've had it since Feb. and opportunities have been limited.

Scene 1:

Last night... I roll up on this Mustang 5.0. Just thought I'd give the kid a reason. His car was slammed, had chrome rims, big pipes, temp tags.

We ride neck and neck doing about 50 on a parkway. I noticed him getting ****ed and I could hear him accelerating. So I down shift to third and quickly pull out in front of him.

He lags back for a bit. This is the kind of street where there's plenty of traffic and cops around. I watch his headlights in my rearview and he tries to come up fast on me. I down shift to third again and put him behind me. By that point I guess he decided to give up because he didn't bother to challenge me anymore. Oh, and his girlfriend was in the car too. Guess he didn't want to really get embarrassed.

Scene 2:

3:45 am, cruising the highway. What rolls up on me? A blue Lexus IS 300. The dude was kind of cool. He layed back and let me merge in front of him. When I got back into the middle lane he pulls up neck and neck with me and gradually increases his speed. I downshift to fourth and easily leave him behind me.

We cruised for about 5 miles taking it easy because of the threat of cops. We're trading the lead back and forth.
He puts his flashers on. I assume that's an invitation to battle.

I pull out a few car lenghts in front of him. Then, he rolls up on me fast doing about 100. Not wanting to get passed, I downshift to third, RPM needle skyrockets to 5+. I must admit, it's cool as hell watching the needle jump back and forth when shifting at high speeds. I shift again, next thing I know I'm doing at least 110. Talk about fun!!

The really cool thing was that it was two near luxury class cars, built for performance, with a little street vibe to it. 3:45 a.m.? Come on!!
Old 06-16-2001, 10:05 AM

Was he in front of you when he hit his hazards? If so that is the sign for "I beat you". I am glad that you showed him what's up after that.
Old 06-16-2001, 10:11 AM

Originally posted by FloMax
Was he in front of you when he hit his hazards? If so that is the sign for "I beat you". I am glad that you showed him what's up after that.
Nah, I didn't take the flashers as a sign of defeat because we swapped lanes (I moved to the middle) and he pulled out two car lengths in front of me. We were doing about 80. In my opinion, it wasn't a race at that point. So, if that's his idea of victory... guess he felt pretty bad when I dusted him at 110.
Old 06-16-2001, 05:41 PM

really nice kills, do you have an auto or stick
Old 06-16-2001, 10:13 PM

Originally posted by 2001SE
really nice kills, do you have an auto or stick
Manual tranny!!
Old 06-16-2001, 10:16 PM

Originally posted by OnyxMaximus

Manual tranny!!
Lucky bastard!