5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Had L Type S for Breakfast

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 02:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So the TL-S was probably stock...

Anybody can make a car go faster if we spend enough money on mods!! Please a stock Acura TL is not that fast. Read the specs in any car magazines. The TL-S stock is slightly faster but not that much. An older 95 5 speed Maxima with just 190 hps can give the TL-S a race already. You will probably have to go home and get a few mods installed to beat a 95 Nissan Maxima.

Ken
Old 06-20-2001, 02:43 PM

Re: Re: Attn: All Acura Type-S RETARDS

Originally posted by Bitium
First you seem kind of jealous. Second take a chill pill; you might get a heart attack. Third you post is so ridiculous that I puke before I finished reading it.
Why would I be jealous that I don't have a fat ugly car like yours that isn't even that fast? (That's why I bought an Accord V6)

My post was based on PHYSICS and ENGINEERING PRINCIPLE. Since when is that ridiculous?

Or do you just not understand it altogether?
Old 06-20-2001, 02:45 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by Jeff92se
When is 260hp not 260hp? When it straddled w/ 3400+lbs.?

Donno. Maybe he cut the floor boards and got an extra 20hp ala Flinstone power. LOL, hehe

I think it's the 8K olive oil he's using.
Old 06-20-2001, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
[B]..ya i think its that too, but i thought it gave an extra 100hp with 200lbs of torque and a 1 ton weight reduction?
Oh my bad, you're right

Old 06-20-2001, 02:46 PM
Bitium

Re: Lock this Thread

Is not like you have a chance

Originally posted by yo_its_ok
I'm sick of this utter f*cken B*llsh!t....Seriously
brit-fu^k Shut your f*cken mouth it smells like ****....
Where do you live, let's just f*cken race and get it over the F*ck with ok ?

-Peace

Old 06-20-2001, 02:46 PM

yeah and the stock TL-S is faster than the CL-S, plus the TL-S he raced was probably stock...
Bitium,
Do you even have any proof of or know exactly what you are saying???
A TL-S is faster then a CL-S???
So the heavier car is faster then the lighter car with the same engine???
When you have guys like stevepake, who doesn't even own a Maxima, backing Maximas up... you really need to have a reality check.
And if you bothered to look at my sig, you will know that I am stock.... and the TL-S that I raced was a friend of mine.
We tell it like it is here... if we lost, we post a lose. You really need to get your head out of your a$$ and smell the $h!t you're shoveling!
Maxima & Type-S meet... bring it on!!!
Old 06-20-2001, 02:50 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Lock this Thread

It's not like you know a screw driver from a box of rocks. Either comment on Steve's data or shut the hell up. You are making yourself look dumber by the post. And you didn't start out too high in the first place.

PS. If you think you are funny, please don't quite your day job.

Is not like you have a chance

Old 06-20-2001, 02:51 PM
Bitium

Re: Re: Re: Attn: All Acura Type-S RETARDS

Yeah you whish, you bought an accord, because you couldn't afford a TL type S.

Originally posted by stevepake
Why would I be jealous that I don't have a fat ugly car like yours that isn't even that fast? (That's why I bought an Accord V6)

My post was based on PHYSICS and ENGINEERING PRINCIPLE. Since when is that ridiculous?

Old 06-20-2001, 02:53 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Attn: All Acura Type-S RETARDS

And you talk about us being big-headed?
Old 06-20-2001, 02:53 PM
Bitium

Re: Re: Re: Lock this Thread

You mean quit.....opppsss sorry a maxima owner!!!!

It's not like you know a screw driver from a box of rocks. Either comment on Steve's data or shut the hell up. You are making yourself look dumber by the post. And you didn't start out too high in the first place.

PS. If you think you are funny, please don't quite your day job.

Old 06-20-2001, 02:56 PM

Wow this thread hasn't been locked yet?
Old 06-20-2001, 02:59 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lock this Thread

No I mean you don't know a damn thing about cars. There is a saying, "more money than sense". In this case, waaay more. Is that all you got? The best thing you can come up with is to correct my spelling? Geez, I think SNL's writers will be calling you soon. In the 3-gen board's infinite wisdom, "you are an idiot". In this case an idiot w/ an Acura. Too bad for Acura.

You mean quit.....opppsss sorry a maxima owner!!!!

Old 06-20-2001, 03:02 PM

Re: Re: Had TL-S for Breakfast

I'll take 'em post by post...

Are you sure you weren't dreaming or better yet you just whish you did. It was either an old lady driving the Type S or some stupid guy put a Type S enblem on a regular TL (seen those before)
Actually, some black guy who, when racing, was actually LEANING FORWARD (i'm guessing to help his rate of acceleration). He was looking hard when I got next to him...I think the white 18" rims were intimidating him

Oh please is just comon sense!!!! What proof those he has that he beat a Type S ???? SAD SAD SAD
Ask the guy who lost to a white maxima with white rims today.

The only thing to 'dread' about a Maxima is that hideous rear-end styling!
I agree. I'm not fond of the rear-styling of the Maxima, but, i'm not fond of acuras and how they rebadge a honda and think it'll lose that cheap image that honda has. (also the reason why i don't like infiniti)

yeah and the stock TL-S is faster than the CL-S, plus the TL-S he raced was probably stock...
he had fuzzy dice in the mirror... Actually, it was pretty stock, i guarantee it.

Sorry, didn't think this "kill" (the honda board...oops.. i mean rebadged honda board got a wee bit offended and doubt the validity of the race) would have upset so many. I never knew there was this feud between Honda TL/CL guys and Maxima guys.

Some mentioned the low RPM (2500rpms) of the auto TL-S at 75mph and the somewhat high RPM of the 5spd in the Maxima. I guarantee this is the reason why I pulled on him (and the fact that I'm "BPUed" ..yes, i'm coining that from the Supra guys). At 75mph, i'm at around 3000rpms.

Fifth gear at 75mph with a basic CAI (i have the scoop facing forward below the splash guard...in a ram-air-esque effect) and a pretty free-flowing exhaust will pull kinda hard. I remind you that this pull wasn't insane or even drastic, but, enough to reel in a TL-S that was a car length in front of me... i lifted after I reached 115-120mph where I was at his front doors. Very feasible in an est. 200fwhp 3200lb car.

Also, I'm not saying my Maxima is better than a TL-S or a TL. I don't find any acura to be very stylish or even sleek (except maybe the nsx). The styling of all acuras are pretty bland and uneventful. The little body kit they added to the Type S is helpful, but a far cry from what it needs.

I'm still waiting for those CL-S (or even the TL-S) guys to actually RACE their cars...i've never seen a TL-S/CL-S road raced, autocrossed, etc. To me, they are Honda's form of a Buick.
Old 06-20-2001, 03:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Had TL-S for Breakfast

Oh please is just comon sense!!!! What proof those he has that he beat a Type S ???? SAD SAD SAD

My point is that your common sense is unfounded as well. The Max probably won't beat a TL-S every single time but what if this one did...just once? Is the world over? Is everything upside down? For crying out loud, if the guy (who happens to be a great driver and a .ORG regular from what I've read) posts a win, let him have it. What does he have to gain by lying? That's what I mean by ridiculous claims when you just wander in and make your assumptions. Remember what your Mama taught you about what happens when you ***-U-ME.

Boy Wonton: Thanks for getting my back.
Old 06-20-2001, 03:05 PM
Bitium

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lock this Thread

This is a lot of fun....sorry guys, but I leaving. Please don't take it personal(some of you alreay did). As for the story....complete bull****. Take care.....

No I mean you don't know a damn thing about cars. There is a saying, "more money than sense". In this case, waaay more. Is that all you got? The best thing you can come up with is to correct my spelling? Geez, I think SNL's writers will be calling you soon. In the 3-gen board's infinite wisdom, "you are an idiot". In this case an idiot w/ an Acura. Too bad for Acura.

Old 06-20-2001, 03:07 PM

hahahaha!!!! Everytime the Acura tards come over here and realize they're losing an argument BADLY they pull this stupid "can't afford one" bullsh*t...how RETARDED!

I think I'm just going to save this little PREVIOUS post in an Outlook note for easy cut-n-pasting in the future.

Originally posted by Acura2001CL-S <==FRIEND OF YOURS??? Or maybe it's you??
Don't be mad at me that you can't afford an Acura, with its Navigaton, Vehichle Stability System and Xennon lights. At the end of the day you still drive a freakin NISSAN, and I drive an Acura ......VTEC Power.... The Original!!!!!
And now for you, Bitium.

riginally posted by stevepake
See, these are the kind of *****-azz comments that make me glad I'm not an Acura owner.

FYI, Mr. Acura2001CL-S (BITIUM), I drive an ACCORD V6 (I don't even drive a Maxima), and in fact I'm a moderator on the SHO Accord V6 forum. I very easily COULD have afforded a CL-S or TL-S, and many of these guys here could have as well, but I have better things to waste money on than a car - my life isn't THAT empty - sorry!

I almost bought a TL/TL-S, but now I'm glad I didn't buy one, becasue then I'd be another face in the crowd of superiorist *****-azz losers like yourselves, who hide your own faults behind the fine quality of the nice cars that Acura builds.

It's not the cars that I have a problem with.

It's the people behind the wheel that I can't stand.

Please don't post until you grow up a few decades and catch up to your own age. You're obviously behind a good bit.
You freakin tard. Go back to your pathetic little Acura forum with your Acura posse and don't bother posting here again unless you can make some intelligent arguments.
Old 06-20-2001, 03:08 PM

Um...and you bought a TL-S because you couldn't spell?
Old 06-20-2001, 03:09 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lock this Thread

Oh glad your leaving. Oh and by the way, you didn't answer one question. Meaning you don't know squat about cars in general. It's really a good time to leave before actually HAVE to address any of the real questions put to you.

Take care...IDIOT!

No really, take care. : )

This is a lot of fun....sorry guys, but I leaving. Please don't take it personal(some of you alreay did). As for the story....complete bull****. Take care.....

Old 06-20-2001, 03:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lock this Thread

We'll miss you...Have a wonderful day in TL Land...Thank you for flying Maxima.Org.
Old 06-20-2001, 03:13 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

See... no need for locking.
Old 06-20-2001, 03:15 PM

Wow, TL-S guys, this Bitium kid is making the rest of you owners all seem pretty asinine in your views and thoughts.

Bitium, do you road race or autocross? Don't give me any talk about how your car isn't set up for it either. There was a blazer autocrossing the other weekend...I would LOVE to see what kind of driver you are (or aren't...depending on your skill, or lack thereof).

Drag racing, let alone street racing, isn't something I typically do... What joy would I get in lying about my car being faster than another car? I get more satisfaction when I'm capable of beating the driver of the car, not the car (as I did in another thread about the results of a recent autocross).

Moderators... sorry if I created a headache for you guys. It wasn't meant to stir up emotions and create drama for the TL-S guys.
Old 06-20-2001, 03:18 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by SCCA Solo2
Moderators... sorry if I created a headache for you guys. It wasn't meant to stir up emotions and create drama for the TL-S guys.
I don't have problems with this thread, but I can't speak for Tim or Jamie.
Old 06-20-2001, 03:26 PM
Bitium

Re: Re: Re: Attn: All Acura Type-S RETARDS

Do you think this is ugly.....

Think again

Old 06-20-2001, 03:28 PM

Think again
Looks are subjective.

So now how bout addressing the OTHER part of my question about whp-to-weight ratios between the Acura's and the Maxima's

...which you haven't done yet because you don't like the answer.

Old 06-20-2001, 03:31 PM

I thought you were leaving..you really rich spelling bee winner. You can post pics but can you say anything about what steve had to say, or are you gonna leave your head up your a$$?

Think again

Old 06-20-2001, 03:31 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

Think again

YES! that body kit that acura puts on its cars sucks, the one Nissan puts on its cars looks good.

Go back to your stupid little TL world a** wipe
Old 06-20-2001, 03:46 PM

First of all... ever heard of 'spell checker'? Use it!
Second...

81' Mazda RX-7 12.7 @ 108mph
91' BMW 850i 13.5 @ 105mph
94' Lexus SC400 ( Wife's car )

Does that look like a list of someone that 'whish' he had a TL-S and couldn't afford one??? Don't want one...
especially now... wouldn't want one because I would be stereo-typed with guys like yourself... UNEDUCATED AND MISINFORMED!!!
Did you even buy the TL-S yourself??? Or was it a high school grad present from mom and pop...?
Sorry to see you go
Take care of yourself in LALA land...
Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out
Old 06-20-2001, 04:01 PM
Bitium

Boy, be careful. One time I was racing an audi A6. His car was faster than mine, the only chance I had was to do somthing he couldn't do. we were going over 100mph when we were aproching a some trafic, I saw the oportunity an slice between 2 cars at 100 mph. Now that is crazy.

I got exactly 19 traffic tickets in 2 years.....careless driving, illegal use of lanes, reckless driving, speeding.......I got pull over more than 30 times, once by two troopers going 115mph on a 75mph zone....they used laser. Top speed 150mph on my TL at 11:00 at night on a highway.

Do you want to race.....Any ****ing time, but be aware you might get kill. Already made two cars crashed. Don't know if they live, because I never care to stop.

BTW I own a 99'TL

Originally posted by SCCA Solo2
Wow, TL-S guys, this Bitium kid is making the rest of you owners all seem pretty asinine in your views and thoughts.

Bitium, do you road race or autocross? Don't give me any talk about how your car isn't set up for it either. There was a blazer autocrossing the other weekend...I would LOVE to see what kind of driver you are (or aren't...depending on your skill, or lack thereof).

Drag racing, let alone street racing, isn't something I typically do... What joy would I get in lying about my car being faster than another car? I get more satisfaction when I'm capable of beating the driver of the car, not the car (as I did in another thread about the results of a recent autocross).

Old 06-20-2001, 04:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

After observing this thread... stevepake, you are a GOD. One of the few truly unbiased non-Maxima owners posting here.
Old 06-20-2001, 04:07 PM

Think again
never said it was ugly...Bland and uneventful i believe the quote was.

The styling is just boring. Nothing exciting or new about it. It's almost a direct copy of a Mercedes.

Plus... the pic of the acura with the chromies:bash:

off-topic but somewhat relevent regarding my mods...notice how i don't mention any "appearance" mods... go head over to your TL-S buddies and see how many appearance mods are listed in their sigs...much more than performance, guarantee it.
Old 06-20-2001, 04:11 PM

Boy, be careful. One time I was...REST OF WORTHLESS RANT DELETED
Okay, so instead of posting RUBBISH and just wasting bandwidth, when the hell are you gonna comment on THIS:

1) MaxSE/5spd lightly modded: 3199lb / 190whp = 16.83 lb/whp
2) CL-S : 3510lb / 200whp = 17.55 lb/whp
3) MaxSE/5spd : 3199lb / 180whp = 17.77 lb/whp
4) TL-S : 3558lb / 200whp = 17.79 lb/whp
5) MaxSE/automagic: 3245lb / 170whp = 19.08 lb/whp
We're waiting.....
Old 06-20-2001, 04:28 PM

Boy, be careful. One time I was racing an audi A6. His car was faster than mine, the only chance I had was to do somthing he couldn't do. we were going over 100mph when we were aproching a some trafic, I saw the oportunity an slice between 2 cars at 100 mph. Now that is crazy.

I got exactly 19 traffic tickets in 2 years.....careless driving, illegal use of lanes, reckless driving, speeding.......I got pull over more than 30 times, once by two troopers going 115mph on a 75mph zone....they used laser. Top speed 150mph on my TL at 11:00 at night on a highway.

Do you want to race.....Any ****ing time, but be aware you might get kill. Already made two cars crashed. Don't know if they live, because I never care to stop.

BTW I own a 99'TL

[/B]
2 comments:

First of all, I think you should stop all your reckless driving. Apparently you're not very good because you keep getting tickets.

Secondly, I took the liberty of highlighting all the grammar/spelling mistakes you made in just one measly post. Definitely not helping the TL cause with your display of grammatical prowess.

Have a great day! I know you'll be back again.

Steve: You are the man! Glad to see someone using facts to back up his arguments.
Old 06-20-2001, 04:35 PM

hey stevepake--

just wondering in your numbers' what exactly does 'slightly modded' mean? also, how exact is the TL-S hp at the wheels? isn't there some formula to get this number, better yet, anybody here have a dyno for a stock TL-S? IMO i think if 'slightly modded' a TL-S with I/H/E will have a lower number then a slightly modded 5th gen SE...
Old 06-20-2001, 04:43 PM

You are the ultimate driver in the ultimate machine, how am I to compare? Hey Mario, what do you plan on owning next? an Ultima GTR?

Oh, so you're a careful and cautious racer. Isn't there some sort of saying about being caught isn't something to brag about?

BTW I own a 99'TL
Eek. you're not Mario Andretti, you're Dale Earnhardt! How can I compete to a man who helped spearhorn a racing venue by being a ruthless racer? You are god, my friend. I cannot even look at thee for my eyes would be burned by your sheer godlike image. Your TL is sacred in itself. How could I ever compete!!! NOOOOOOOOO .placing self in a broom closet, vowing never to roam with society again.

Bitium, you didn't use to own a SUV, did you?
Old 06-20-2001, 05:04 PM

change of venue

I'm taking the battle OVERSEAS
Old 06-20-2001, 05:13 PM
JET Speed Lab

BTW I own a 99'TL

WOW... that is kinda impressive though. You kinda surprised me there. i never knew you were such a crappy driver. oh right! theres a red light ahead, the guys going to brake soon, time to hit the gas a little more and pass him for a 2 sec victory! woohoo. i've seen a lot of TL-S/CL-S blah blah, there rear bumpers are like the height of my windshield. (and no im not saying that im always behind them, its just that i only see old farts driving them) anyhow if yo_its_ok race's you, let me come too, if you lose the race this is what i'll do with the help of a metal object used to hit *****. no not your daddys *****, its a bat, well i dunno what ur dad does. ur acura if you win i'll treat you to some taco bell ok?
Old 06-20-2001, 05:24 PM
JET Speed Lab

You are god, my friend. I cannot even look at thee for my eyes would be burned by your sheer godlike image. Your TL is sacred in itself. How could I ever compete!!! NOOOOOOOOO .placing self in a broom closet, vowing never to roam with society again.

Bitium, you didn't use to own a SUV, did you? [/B][/QUOTE]

i think he did used to own a SUV. it flipped so many times he's molded his brain into dough ball.

hey Bitium, smile for the camera!

before --> (impotent)
after --> (you finally afforded a car with air bags, to bad its to late. or is it never to late?)
Old 06-20-2001, 05:24 PM
I'm needing a caw

You just proven how big an idiot you are. Thanks and I thought you were leaving? RATS!

BTW I own a 99'TL

Old 06-20-2001, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by bioyuki
hey stevepake--
ya?

just wondering in your numbers' what exactly does 'slightly modded' mean?
That means a couple of performance mods. I'm not intimately familiar with the performance parts available for the Maxima like I am with the Accord V6, but I know that with just a FEW mods on a 5th Gen Max you can easily get 190HP at the wheels, and even more with more mods. That might even be a bit conservative, but I'd rather understate than overstate and get myself into trouble

also, how exact is the TL-S hp at the wheels? isn't there some formula to get this number, better yet, anybody here have a dyno for a stock TL-S?
I've READ (not seen) from more than one place that the J32A2 puts down around 200whp bone stock. Most automatic transmissions/drivetrains will tend to lose about 20-25% of their power at the wheels. And a manual tranny will lose around 15%, give or take a bit.

so with the J32A2 TL-S engine, 200/260 = 23%, which is right in that range.

More optimistically...

260 * .80 = 208whp

More pessimistically...

260 * .75 = 195whp

So 200whp is a pretty fair number, and matches up pretty good with the people that have tested their cars and are reporting around 200whp.

This also lines up with most stock Accord V6's with the J30A1 engine (200 SHP). They dyno anywhere from 155-160whp stock, and that comes out to 20.0-22.5% loss, which lines up with the Acura as far as loss percentage, and even the automagic Maximas.
Old 06-20-2001, 05:45 PM
nc00max

Yeah, brainiac, more $$$ = faster. Sure thing. I suppose that's why that city bus thoroughly kicked mine and my friend that owns the CL-S's *** all over the road. Those things run about $89K (yes, I actually looked that up), so I guess the Porsche and Viper owners better watch their asses too. I'm sure all those $25K Z28 owners out there must be really scared of you, seeing as how you paid $8K more than them. Guess I'll keep your wisdom in mind next time I run up against a Land Cruiser or a limo...****, I wish my mommy could've gotten me a big new shiny Acura, but unfortunately I pay my own way, and for my own Maxima. Or is mom asking for the keys back already?

Quick Reply: Had L Type S for Breakfast