5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

HID's ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 08:45 PM

HID's ?

looking into putting HID's into my 2000 maxima SE. what headlight bulbs do we have for replacing them and what HID's do i put in. thank you
Old 07-07-2006, 08:50 PM
I R The Law

searching is your friend
Old 07-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

HID's as in 02-03 or a kit?
Old 07-08-2006, 07:32 AM
It's business time.

Your question makes very little sense. You, honestly, shouldn't even think about installing HIDs until you know at least a little about what you're doing. Do a search and figure out what it is you want.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:10 AM

i know exactly what im talking about i just wanted to know the bulb number. i believe its H4 thats all i wanted to know.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Black96Max
i know exactly what im talking about i just wanted to know the bulb number. i believe its H4 thats all i wanted to know.
well if you know what you are talking about you dont need our help. thanks for wasting everyones time
Old 07-08-2006, 08:52 AM
westler92

Originally Posted by soonerfan
well if you know what you are talking about you dont need our help. thanks for wasting everyones time

Dont you just h8te noobs........

Old 07-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Z

You could've chosen to ignore the thread and not reply.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:20 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
You could've chosen to ignore the thread and not reply.
i could have...but i didnt
now explain to me what you added to this thread. you could've chosen to ignore my post and not reply. but you didnt now did you
Old 07-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

FIGHT, FIGHT...:
Old 07-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Why don't you get some Performance_Depot '02-'03 HID headlights and update your car's look, while adding much higher light output! Just my .02
Old 07-08-2006, 11:34 AM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by Black96Max
Yes, it's H4, aka 9003. Also, to answer our question, you are putting a kit in the stock housings. The confusion exists because many members have installed 5.5 gen housings which are designed for HIDs whereas our housings are designed for halogens yet take well to HID kits.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:36 AM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by turbo_gg
Why don't you get some Performance_Depot '02-'03 HID headlights and update your car's look, while adding much higher light output! Just my .02
One can get a kit and AE his housings for half the price. That is probably why. That is why I opted for what I did. If the 5.5 gen housings had projectors I would have seriously reconsidered.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Z

now explain to me what you added to this thread. you could've chosen to ignore my post and not reply. but you didnt now did you
This thread isn't about me -- I'm not the one complaining here about time wasted. It's about a poster who wanted to be doubly sure of what HID kit to purchase. And you said he wasted yours and others time...when you could've chosen to ignore the thread and not reply. Thus, time wouldn't have been wasted.

See how easy?
Old 07-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
This thread isn't about me -- I'm not the one complaining here about time wasted. It's about a poster who wanted to be doubly sure of what HID kit to purchase. And you said he wasted yours and others time...when you could've chosen to ignore the thread and not reply. Thus, time wouldn't have been wasted.

See how easy?
so i guess now we are both both wasting time
Old 07-08-2006, 01:36 PM

so i guess now we are both both wasting time
he never claimed he was waisting his time , u did.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by HurricaneMaxx18
he never claimed he was waisting his time but u did.
well it was kind of a joke...and who are you?
Old 07-08-2006, 02:04 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by HurricaneMaxx18
he never claimed he was waisting his time , u did.
just stop at where your at cause your just gonna look stupid when sooner pwns you
Old 07-08-2006, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by The Law
just stop at where your at cause your just gonna look stupid when sooner pwns you
pwns me lol what kinda crap is that . dam dude has an idol on maxima.org,thats cute.anways if it waz a joke i didnt realize it, i thought u just made an incorrect statement and was trying to be helpful. Who am i? just a maxima owner that joined this web site a year or so back , no 1 famous
Old 07-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

yes FTW
Old 07-08-2006, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Law

That is gonna be some awful glare putting HID bulbs into the stock housing no??
Old 07-08-2006, 05:58 PM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by TXT-1
That is gonna be some awful glare putting HID bulbs into the stock housing no??
Many people have done it and yes, there is glare compared to HID reflectors. However, the glare isn't that bad by comparison to some other halogen housings--such as 4th gen housings. Keep the color level low and you'll be good. Also, a glare shield wouldn't hurt.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:30 PM
No More Maxipad

h4 have this casper shield thing right? i've seen some civic owners use them and they have h4 as well. i guess that shield will help cut down some glare.

i can't believe how cheap aftermarket kits are getting...when i first bought my kit back in 2002 for my accord it was almost $600 and now you can get it for like $200'ish or lesser =/
Old 07-09-2006, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by westler92
Dont you just h8te noobs........

im no where near a newbie...i joined this website in 2001 and had over 3,000 posts but when i sold my old maxima the "black96max" i havent used the site in almost 2 years i came back and the account was deleted or something. i know what im talking about just asking to double check but i see much hasnt changed on this forum. its sad if you think about it. i suggest someone close this thread.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

hey i am new here, too
here it is a quick question. i own a 2k maxima, i recently bought 2k2 HID headlight to replace the one in the 2k. i heard i need some kind of converter kit cuz the wattage of the lights are different. i dont know what converter kit i should be looking for. thanks
Old 07-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by sjcrew3
hey i am new here, too
here it is a quick question. i own a 2k maxima, i recently bought 2k2 HID headlight to replace the one in the 2k. i heard i need some kind of converter kit cuz the wattage of the lights are different. i dont know what converter kit i should be looking for. thanks
wow.....................
Old 07-25-2006, 12:25 PM
† ErV †

lol

chuckle giggle

we were all noobs but really, reading can be so beneficial to some...

Old 07-25-2006, 01:00 PM

hey i am new here, too
You just need the wiring harness, no converter needed.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:00 PM

hey i am new here, too
You just need the wiring harness, no converter needed.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:26 AM

I found this on EBay -- HID Kit -- 2001 Max GLE

I found this on EBay -- Would this work for my 2001 Maxima GLE...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-X...QQcmdZViewItem
(1). Anyone has experience with this Kit on their 5th Gen Maxima.. Any Problems that i shud be aware of(Like Fitting gaps, Fuse Problems.. etc).
(2). Anyother alternatives in getting a HID kit apart from the above mentioned link??

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Progress
Yes, it's H4, aka 9003. Also, to answer our question, you are putting a kit in the stock housings. The confusion exists because many members have installed 5.5 gen housings which are designed for HIDs whereas our housings are designed for halogens yet take well to HID kits.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by mohmony
(1). Anyone has experience with this Kit on their 5th Gen Maxima.. Any Problems that i shud be aware of(Like Fitting gaps, Fuse Problems.. etc).
(2). Anyother alternatives in getting a HID kit apart from the above mentioned link??

Thanks!
Holy glare! I guess you missed the sarcasm in Progress's post.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by mohmony

Thanks!
Just do some research. There are many kits out there. One brand that is definately repested here is Helios for aftermarket kit wise. Fitment issues most are plug in play in this stage of the game. Just might to have to get creative on ballast placement. Also I have heard sometimes people have had to slightly alter their bulb receptical in the housing to fit. Glare really isnt that bad on our housing glare shield will help but really it is your call I would say you dont need one. I have seen maxima's without them that are fine and dont cast a major glare. Just say below 6000k bulbs. Any higher than that will cast a worst glare and plus the higher you go on the K scale the less the output is. So you are sacrificing safety. Other than that there is a vast amount of info here about HID kits and also on HIDPlant
Old 07-26-2006, 09:45 PM

Go to HIDplanet.com, go to their University, theres a lot of information there concerning building HID harnesses

and uhh seems like sooner jus likes to come on the forums and flame newbies

i don't mean any disrespect or anything but uhh you were a newb once

so stfu and get a life =)
Old 07-27-2006, 06:18 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by XyNoix-HIC
Go to HIDplanet.com, go to their University, theres a lot of information there concerning building HID harnesses

and uhh seems like sooner jus likes to come on the forums and flame newbies

i don't mean any disrespect or anything but uhh you were a newb once

so stfu and get a life =)

once you have been on here for awhile you will see how much i contribute
Old 07-27-2006, 09:26 AM

You should create a soonerfan.org where you can reserve space for all of the unecessary responses to questions on this forum. Just because you have lots of information and contribute a lot to this forum doesn't mean you also have to have that attitude all the time. Not everybody knows the answer to all of these Maxima specific questions like we do, and not everybody has the time to read all of the information scattered about on the forum. I admit I get annoyed by stupid questions too, but at some point you really have to either a. resist posting rude comments or b. understand that not everybody is as knowledgeable as everybody else on this site.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Kruppa
You should create a soonerfan.org where you can reserve space for all of the unecessary responses to questions on this forum. Just because you have lots of information and contribute a lot to this forum doesn't mean you also have to have that attitude all the time. Not everybody knows the answer to all of these Maxima specific questions like we do, and not everybody has the time to read all of the information scattered about on the forum. I admit I get annoyed by stupid questions too, but at some point you really have to either a. resist posting rude comments or b. understand that not everybody is as knowledgeable as everybody else on this site.
Well said.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:51 AM
THIS IS...

Yes, get 2002-2003 Headlights as they already have HID.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:09 AM

once you have been on here for awhile you will see how much i contribute

and by this statement alone you can tell how just how much i am still an arrogant jack a s s
love, trig
Old 07-27-2006, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by alpinestars™
Yes, get 2002-2003 Headlights as they already have HID.
QFT

Although they are a bit expensive, technically illegal, and don't have great light output, it is a far better alternative to an HID kit.

Get some Silverstars from Sylvania and save yourself the money also make sure your headlights are properly aimed. Those two things will help with light output.

Originally Posted by Kruppa

Do you have an anti-soonerfan paragraph stored in notepad? (This isn't the first thread I've seen you say this in)
Old 07-27-2006, 04:35 PM

i was dumb and didn't read the thread about the projectors from ebay before i threw some money at them. but i want to put some hids behind them on ebay they said 02-03 hids don't fit in these headlights but i have seen 2k max with projectors and hids how do i do it and yes i'm sure its a 2k and sure they were hids

Quick Reply: HID's ?