5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Bought used Max with extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 05:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bought used Max with extended warranty?

Has anyone here bought a used Max with a extended warranty like Liberty? This is my first time dealing with Nissan dealership and I'm kind of in a mess. I was told during the purchase of my car that with the warranty I'm buying (3-year Unlimited miles for $1000) everything was covered in suspension, braking, steering, electrical, and etc. Now after 2 months of the initial purchase, the bearings have worn out completely and the same dealership is refusing to pay for the cost. I'm ready to pay diagnostic fees but I in no way of hell paying $500 for replacemnt of bearings. This is rediculous. I work at an Autozone and I talked to a Infiniti tech who also worked at the same dealership that I'm dealing with right now for 10 years and he quit because of cruel new managment. He told me that if somethign like this happens after 2 months I shouldn't have to pay for anything. He also informed me that if the dealership decides not to cover the costs, I should call 1-800-NISSAN1 and ask them how to resolve the matter. What do you guys think I should do? What steps should I take because I know many of you have dealt with problems like these and stealerships just won't agree to pay up? What am I suppose to tell NIssan when I call them? If nothing happens after that should I go head and call Better Business Beureau? I'm sorry for asking such questions but I have never had a problem like this and just want to take right steps in order not to get ripped. ANY help would be grealty appreciated. Thank you.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Need advice quick. Please someone?
Old 07-15-2006, 05:05 AM

If your warranty is with a third party you should call them. Also, the warranty paperwork should spell out exactly what is covered.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:02 AM

Knowledge is power. Sit down and read EVERYTHING given to you in the packet for your warranty. It should spell out exactly what is covered.

I too, think even with out the warranty, you still shouldn't have to repair bearings. If they are gone now, wouldn't that have been something that should have been caught before hand? For crying out loud, even Carmax offers a 3 month-3000 mile warranty!

I have heard that you can call and fuss at Nissan at the number you listed above, and that it should bring about good reprocussions!

I wish you the best. This is just sick and pathetic. They obviously don't consider whether or not your happy enough to come back in a couple of years and buy another one!
Old 07-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

The extended warranty is covered by a third party called Eagle but I'm going to cancel that warranty now and buy Nissan Extended warranty which actually covers bearings and little things. I rather pay $500 extra for that than pay a *** dealership which is rude to their customers.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:24 AM
retired moderator

If it's a Nissan Gold or similar warranty, it covers EVERYTHING. Mine (bought for $1000 from Nissan) replaced 2 wheel bearings, 1 front strut, clutch master cylinder (and the stained floormats from the leak), and a couple other things........
Old 07-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

read your waranty papers and verify that everything that they promised is in there. If not well you already sign for it agreeing on it.. so there is nothing much to do. The deal is not with the dealer but with the third party company.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bearing is not listed on the paper (Eagle Liberty Warranty) but something like a bearing should be covered. I guess my bad luck. Def gonna switch to the Nissan Extended warranty which does cover bearings, MAF sensor, etc which are known to be very fragile on the 5 gens.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:24 AM

if you bought it with a warranty wich i hope, coz sometimes, like a in my case, the maxima is a piece of junk, you need everything covered!!!!!!!! or else your going to get poor just like me by having to fix problems in the car
Old 07-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I wouldn't call it junk. Ut certainly better than MOST american built cars these days. Ask me, I've been working at a autoparts store and which cars have the highest amount of parts inquiries.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:50 PM

aftermarket aka 3rd party warranties generally are a pain in the *** to deal with.. manufactuer extended warranties are the way to go if you have a choice..