5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Parts from Daveb

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 07:29 AM

For reasons that I have no knowledge of, but can only speculate on, Dave Burnette's ability to post and reply to messages have been disabled for the time being. I ASSUME (I have no actual knowledge) that it has to with Southpoint's sponsorship agreeement.

This is Jamie's site and that's fine, but my point in posting is simply to state that Dave did not want people to feel he wasn't responding to PM's or to messages posted to him on the board.

He can be contacted at his work at 800-251-7278.

Thanks.
Old 06-22-2001, 07:31 AM
Got Bent?

Thanks for the heads up
Old 06-22-2001, 07:51 AM

thats F-ed up

I wonder why? maybe cause southpoint are paying advertisers here on the site but if it wouldnt be for Dave no one would even know who the hell southpoint nissan is... it would be the same as any of your local Nissan parts centers...

thats messed up... but thanks a lot for giving us Daves digits so now we know when we need to order parts where to call!
Old 06-22-2001, 07:55 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Old 06-22-2001, 01:13 PM
RussMaxManiac

Yep, he told me the same thing, any post that Dave made, or account got deleted. Or should I say locked out. The owners of this club are a disgrace to do that to a fellow maxima owner as well as a discount nissan supporter.

Originally posted by blackY2Kmax
For reasons that I have no knowledge of, but can only speculate on, Dave Burnette's ability to post and reply to messages have been disabled for the time being. I ASSUME (I have no actual knowledge) that it has to with Southpoint's sponsorship agreeement.

This is Jamie's site and that's fine, but my point in posting is simply to state that Dave did not want people to feel he wasn't responding to PM's or to messages posted to him on the board.

He can be contacted at his work at 800-251-7278.

Thanks.

Old 06-22-2001, 01:27 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
(Whispering: Thanks for making this a "sticky" thread, so we can have Dave's phone number handy!)
Old 06-23-2001, 09:05 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Ummm.... Would someone like to maybe ask me about this or something? I haven't blocked Dave out of Maxima.org. I haven't deleted his posts or anything of that effect. His account is not locked, gone or anything. For some reason, account will kick back to the "user awaiting confirmation" status -- I think this is a software glitch and it's happened on more than one occassion.

Until you know the complete story (and no one actually asked me, emailed me, PMed me or anything about it, thank you very much), how about reserving judgement in the future. It's amazing how people feed off of conflict.

BTW, the problem's been rectified with his account and he should be able to post again.
Old 06-23-2001, 04:33 PM
RussMaxManiac

I heard the complete story from Dave himself. Several of his posts got deleted, he could no longer post anymore under his name after they were deleted and so on. So obviously you might have a moderator then that doens't like him?

Originally posted by Jambo
Ummm.... Would someone like to maybe ask me about this or something? I haven't blocked Dave out of Maxima.org. I haven't deleted his posts or anything of that effect. His account is not locked, gone or anything. For some reason, account will kick back to the "user awaiting confirmation" status -- I think this is a software glitch and it's happened on more than one occassion.

Until you know the complete story (and no one actually asked me, emailed me, PMed me or anything about it, thank you very much), how about reserving judgement in the future. It's amazing how people feed off of conflict.

BTW, the problem's been rectified with his account and he should be able to post again.

Old 06-23-2001, 07:26 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Maybe he tried to answer too quickly, Russ. Don't you remember the software will overwrite posts if someone answers posts multiple times to the same thread under a certain time limit?

I'm sure Tim didn't delete anything, and I doubt Jamie deleted anything... so that only leaves me. Would I actually delete Dave's posts?!?!?! Makes you wonder now, huh?
Old 06-23-2001, 09:22 PM

Okay, this sounds like a misunderstanding. We all love DAVEB, which is why some of us got riled up. Maybe we need to UNSTICKY this thread.

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Maybe he tried to answer too quickly, Russ. Don't you remember the software will overwrite posts if someone answers posts multiple times to the same thread under a certain time limit?

I'm sure Tim didn't delete anything, and I doubt Jamie deleted anything... so that only leaves me. Would I actually delete Dave's posts?!?!?! Makes you wonder now, huh?
Old 06-23-2001, 09:23 PM

or just sticky the phone # with his new contact info
Old 06-23-2001, 09:52 PM
alysia

Originally posted by psing23
or just sticky the phone # with his new contact info
Its on here: http://www.punkdork.net/5thgen/faq.htm
and soon to be here: http://www.5thgenmaximas.com/faq.htm

Old 06-23-2001, 10:01 PM

I started it so I'll try to finish it

I talked to Dave. He did have some concerns and the timing along with his recent job change deed SEEM a little strange. But, it was all a misunderstanding on all parts. I assumed something maybe I shouldn't, but appeared to be reasonable under the curcumstances. Just goes to show why you (me) shouldn't assume.

Paul said it, we all appreciate Dave and so we were concerned. Dave was just concerned that he would appear to be unresponsive and as we all know, he values customer service highly so he contacted me to let people know that he wasn't being unresponsive.

It was all a misunderstanding. We all have Dave's number. None of the moderators did anything with any mal-intent so...where's the Kumbahya song?
Old 06-23-2001, 10:13 PM

Re: I started it so I'll try to finish it

BlackY2kMax... notice that I recently purchased "wagon wheels?" LOL.

[i]
It was all a misunderstanding. We all have Dave's number. None of the moderators did anything with any mal-intent so...where's the Kumbahya song? [/B]