5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

navigation questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 05:18 AM

navigation questions

I'm looking to buy an 03 SE, 6 speed. I located one in TX but it has a navigation system (which I hadn't considered). My question, how reliable is/has the navigation been? I'd hate to get the car I've been searching for and hate it because the navigation was always broke or useless. I haven't actually seen the navigation system so I honestly don't know how it looks other than in a bad picture. For those who have it, is it easy to use and does it "talk" the directions? Thanks for any and all opinions.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:32 AM
silviaguy

I have not had any problems with my OE NAvi. other then I need a updated Disc. (to froogle to buy new one) The system does "talk" to you as you are driving. some items that bug me about the system.

1. You can't add a address as you are driving.
( I understand why this is but most times I have a passenger that can input this in for me.)
2. If the sun is hitting the screen it hard to see it.
( Don't ask I just like to see where I am going cause sometimes I like to take diffrent street back home to keep me awake for the 1 and a half hour drive home. I love traffic!!)
3. Wearing sun glasses forget about seeing the screen.
(The reason I keep going back to I can't see the screen is your climate controls are also displayed on the screen. I personnal dont like some of the factory setting so I like to change where the air is blowing.)
4. Always hitting the "Enter" button on the screen. It was cool for the first six or seven time now its just a pain.
( I know there are mods you can do to delete this problem)
5. Updated Disc. cost $120 ea.!!!!!!

That's it for now.