5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Tips for Maxima????

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2001, 05:37 AM
RomieG

Does anyone know where i can find Chrome Tips for the exhaust????????I've been lookin around and cant find anything for maximas.....any help would be appreciated

Old 06-24-2001, 11:34 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by RomieG
Does anyone know where i can find Chrome Tips for the exhaust????????I've been lookin around and cant find anything for maximas.....any help would be appreciated
mmm... i believe Pepboys has them.
Old 06-24-2001, 05:02 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

I had to literally tear apart the chrome oem tip off my Maxima to put on the ones I bought from Pep Boys (My stock tip sits about 5-6" inward of my Stillen kit). The ones at Pep boys extend out about 6" or so and loooks good. Sorry no pic on it.
Old 06-24-2001, 05:07 PM

Exhaust Hints

Desert helped me get my rear in order. Went to the local high end muffler shop and they cut off both AE tips at the muffler then added two 2 1/2 inch wide tips. Looks factory issued and cleaned the missing chrome on tail. All Anniversary editions come with bent down tips in stainless steel and no shine.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:02 PM

Any update on this thread ?

Originally posted by RomieG
I can't either ...
I know this is a bit dated but, was wondering if there were any other SE's or AE's that kept the stock muffler but added on any stainless tips. I like the dual factory AE muffler, except the dull tips.

A local shop here in Hawaii can do stainless mandrel bends, but want to chop off the existing tips to weld-on newer ss tips, (one problem, when the old muffler goes, so do the new tips).
Priced about $60-75 for both, is that reasonable in cost?

Has anyone found a short turn down-style tip, that covers the over stock ones? cost and location?

Thanks
Ran
Old 01-31-2002, 01:14 PM

I did what killrwheels did. First thing i did to my AE was go to a local muffler shop that I know and had them cut the bent part of the exhaust and add chrome tips. Took about 20 - 30 minutes and cost around $40. Gave me the look that I wanted. Looks 'finished'.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:30 PM

Re: Exhaust Hints

Originally posted by killrwheels
Desert helped me get my rear in order. Went to the local high end muffler shop and they cut off both AE tips at the muffler then added two 2 1/2 inch wide tips. Looks factory issued and cleaned the missing chrome on tail. All Anniversary editions come with bent down tips in stainless steel and no shine.
The canadian 2K1 SE edition has dual strait thrue tips, no bent down tips.

Cheers

AA
Old 01-31-2002, 03:21 PM

Originally posted by 2k1seae
I did what killrwheels did. First thing i did to my AE was go to a local muffler shop that I know and had them cut the bent part of the exhaust and add chrome tips. Took about 20 - 30 minutes and cost around $40. Gave me the look that I wanted. Looks 'finished'.
Thanks 2k1seae
I want that "finished" look, but not at the expensive of chopping off those downward stubbies. I still want to keep the "stock look" just with a hint of shine. Any other options out there?
Does $60-75 sound about right ?
I'll see if they can just make it a more "bolt-on & take-off" item

thanks again
Ran
Old 01-31-2002, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by R max

Thanks 2k1seae
I want that "finished" look, but not at the expensive of chopping off those downward stubbies. I still want to keep the "stock look" just with a hint of shine. Any other options out there?
Does $60-75 sound about right ?
I'll see if they can just make it a more "bolt-on & take-off" item

thanks again
Ran
Hey R max, you get chrome tips at canadian tire there like 8$cdn each, in the US I'm pretty shure you can get those at pepboy, dont know the price though...

Cheers
AA
Old 01-31-2002, 05:25 PM

Originally posted by doublea

Hey R max, you get chrome tips at canadian tire there like 8$cdn each, in the US I'm pretty shure you can get those at pepboy, dont know the price though...

Cheers
AA
Thanks doublea,

I got the turndown stubbies on my AE, kinda wished they were straight, but they're beginning to grow on me. Can you send me a link for the canadian tire, rock in ocean = no PEP boys. I've seen the other tips in the auto stores here... I'll keep shoppin around ( everything nice, has to be special ordered )
Its kinda hard to get stuff from a rock in the ocean, not to mention ouch on shipping. ..o well

I appreciate the advise tho, thx
Ran
Old 01-31-2002, 08:37 PM

I have the regular exhaust finisher, it looks good, can a AE tip be converted over and vice versa???
Old 01-31-2002, 09:13 PM
maxgsxr1

try the 2k2 chrome tips, i tried them on mine but fit loose.....still looking. you can weld on 2k2 if you like.same part as q45 97-99 tips