5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

...............Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2001, 08:31 PM

Okay, there are so many different opinions about Zaino on this board that I just want to find out the roots of each side. Here is what I am looking for; A polish/wax/cleaner system that I can use that will give my car a deep, i mean deep shine, will get rid of swirl marks and small abrasions, protect my paint job and above all, last. Im using Meguiars products but am not too thrilled. Please, everyone post what they prefer and WHY (i.e. thier results from using the products) wether it be bad or good. I want both sides here.

thanx
Old 06-24-2001, 08:50 PM

I am not sure if you are saying you have heard good and bad things about Zaino. I have only heard and experienced terrific results. I don't recall ever hearing anything negative.

As for Meguire's, I have used their stuff. It was ok. I actually believe 3M products work better than the Meguire's. Out of the store bought products, those two are at the top with 3M my preference. NAPA carries the full line of 3M products.

Avalon Racing offers IBIZ, but I have not tried it.
Old 06-25-2001, 04:11 AM

IMHO, Zaino rules! I've tried lots of cleaners, waxes, etc, over the years, and found nothing to compare with it. It's a polymer rather than wax. They make a swirl remover, versions of polish for clearcoat and non-clearcoat finishes, car wash, interior products, etc.

You can get all the poop about it at www.zainobros.com

It's VERY easy to apply, leaves no dust/residue, lasts close to forever, and makes the deepest, wettest shine I've seen. People go out of their way to comment on the shine.

There's a Zaino forum on edmunds.com town hall, too, where people discuss it.

Now if only they'll give me some for free after my glowing testimonial...
Old 06-25-2001, 04:27 AM

Just clayed and applied first coats of Z-5 and Z-2 yesterday and the shine looks great. I can't wait to get additional coats put on. After the initial claying and waxing, it looks like it is very easy to maintain.

One thing I have found very frustrating is that I can never use as little as they say you should. I did a half assed job applying it in the fall and used about 5x more than I should have. This time I probably only used 3x more. I want to see someone polish an entire car with only one ounce of polish. The darned applicator absorbs more than that. BTW, I have wet the applicator to ease application. What's the secret?
Old 06-25-2001, 05:06 AM

Originally posted by greggmax
Just clayed and applied first coats of Z-5 and Z-2 yesterday and the shine looks great. I can't wait to get additional coats put on. After the initial claying and waxing, it looks like it is very easy to maintain.

One thing I have found very frustrating is that I can never use as little as they say you should. I did a half assed job applying it in the fall and used about 5x more than I should have. This time I probably only used 3x more. I want to see someone polish an entire car with only one ounce of polish. The darned applicator absorbs more than that. BTW, I have wet the applicator to ease application. What's the secret?
Wet the applicator with Z6, then use only about 3 ml (about 1/2 a teaspoonful) of Z2, and spread it over an entire panel (I did this yesterday: that much for each door, for the roof, for the hood, for the trunk, for each bumper, for each two fenders). It comes out to 33 ml, if you get really picky about it, and that's 3 ml more than an ounce. Since the doors seemed to need just a touch less, it came out, I guess, to about an ounce in all. Thinner is better!
Old 06-25-2001, 06:35 AM

Zaino is the best. Especially on the darker colors. I have a Super Black 2000 GLE and it looks like it came off the show room floor. The car was a year and half old when I first used the product and man o man is it looking brand new again.