5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Is King of Prussia Maxima-Mecca?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 10:09 PM

Just got back from a week in KoP, PA. Drove down there from CT in a P.O.S. Grand Am that had something major broken in the backend. Didn't want to put all those miles on my Max, not to mention drive through the GWB area in my own ride. That freakin' car's @ss was all over the damn road. Oooh, scary!

Anyway, it was bitter-sweet. There were Maximas EVERYWHERE down there. I even got to see my first SE/AE Majestic Blue. Stopped by to talk to him as he was hangin' with his friends who had a Sunlit Sand 5th gen and told him all about the org and all the mods he could do. He was very cool but it was at that point that I missed my Max the most.

When I tell you they were everywhere, I couldn't go 1/2 mile down the road without seeing one. It was awesome!!! No Maxima.org stickers, though.

Oh well, just another RcticMax "Memoir From the Road".

Cheers!
Old 06-28-2001, 10:12 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Too bad you didn't have Maxima.org spot cards.
Old 06-29-2001, 07:09 AM

King of Prussia is right outside of Philly. Yes, there are a ton of Maxes here it seems. If you go shopping around the Nissan dealer lots here, there is a lot to choose from. I know of one dealer alone around here that had about a dozen AE Maxes including 4 Majestic Blues and about 120 other Maxes on the lot. Maximas are going for $1,000+ under invoice around here. I guess that explains the glutten.
Old 06-29-2001, 07:59 AM

Have you ever seen the nissan commercial that maximas are sold more in the Northeast region? Is that true? I never been out west- is there alot of maximas there or anywere else?
Old 06-29-2001, 08:39 AM

hey I used to live right around there....how ironic!
That must be where I got this Max obsession from...
Old 06-29-2001, 10:20 AM

yep

I work in the KOP area and drive my 97 SE around. Most of the max owners here are middle aged, so I doubt they would be org members, but its always nice to fly downt he expressway and see lots of maxes by your side.
Old 06-29-2001, 10:42 AM

Re: yep

Originally posted by PhillyMAx
I work in the KOP area and drive my 97 SE around. Most of the max owners here are middle aged, so I doubt they would be org members, but its always nice to fly downt he expressway and see lots of maxes by your side.
True. The guy in the Majestic Blue AE was thirty-ish but said he's interested in modding his suspension. He said after coming from a Honda, the Max didn't handle as well in the curves. I just smiled and said www.maxima.org, FSTB and RSB, baby. You just wait.

Then on the way home, I hooked up with a Sherwood Green 5th gen SE all the way from the Del. bridge to the GW. Kinda like that stuffed rabbit they have for the dogs at the track, eh? Kept me super-motivated to get home to my baby.

Cheers!
Old 07-01-2001, 07:33 PM

Yeh, it is - I live about 10 minutes from KofP and we have them all over the place! Not to mention that having about 6 Nissan dealers within like 10 miles of me helps. We have some of the largest Nissan dealers around (I think!)
Old 07-01-2001, 09:38 PM
Sly

Originally posted by GordanLu
Have you ever seen the nissan commercial that maximas are sold more in the Northeast region? Is that true? I never been out west- is there alot of maximas there or anywere else?
There are definitely more sold in the NorthEast than any other US region. When I used to live in Philly I'd see them all over the place, sometimes 3 or 4 in a row on I-95 (with me right following right behind ).

Now I live near Detroit. I don't hardly see any Maximas, but the ones I do see are mostly 5th gens for some reason.