5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2006 Turkey Day(or stay the f**k away from in-laws)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Nightmare = Reality

2006 Turkey Day(or stay the f**k away from in-laws)

So, I was at the house of my Fiancee's parents place, stuffing my face with pecan pie as the night wore down and her sister was cutting out. Minutes later, I hear my car alarm going off. Her sister backed into my car with her XC90.

[img=http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/657/03maxdamage02np1.jpg]

The Ironic part is i just had all these parts replaced back in march in an unrelated incident. Am i cursed? is the Maxima bad mojo for me? Is it just that i have a black car? I'd really like to go ape**** on this one, but hell, i wasn't even in the car or even outside. The no streetlights thing probably contributed, but people around there don't even have driveway illumination. and here i thought my car was safe sitting parked on the side of a cul de sac in a very nice neighborhood...
Old 11-24-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm a Happy Man!

you are not cursed bro i think its just a test for some of us to see if we really are worthy of been maxima drivers. i have a 02 6spd and for a period of about 3months i couldn't keep it out of the shop from having my tranny problems when i bought the car to some a hole backing into my car at the stealership to another a hope stealing my headlights but i still hung in there dealership fixed it and up till today i still have my car and still runiing strong. sorry about your car though i hope she is going to pay for this.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Nightmare = Reality

well, yeah.. i should hope so as well. my fiancee keeps telling me how bad she feels and for some reason wants to console her. I've already stated that nobody was hurt and there's no reason to mull over it, but dang it, I'M sitting here thinking i want to pull my hair out. I still have roughly $4k in payments left, and this repair is going to cost almost that. I've actually contemplated getting something else(well, also considering that i have 110k on the ODO now as well)

I love the car though, i just feel like, right whenever I'm about to put money into aftermarket stuff, something like this or a speeding ticket comes up. a warning? or part of the curse? ...
Old 11-24-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm a Happy Man!

trust me its a warming especially speeding tickets i know alot about those u got 110k and its still running strong isnt it
Old 11-24-2006, 09:18 PM

wow.. back in april i got a whole new front bumper and painted my whole car.. last month i was involved in a hit and run...last week some guy hit my rear end.. today my sisters boyfriend drove my car and left it in gear, so when i remote started it, it ran into my dads car and my whole front bumper is smased and headlight fawked...
wow... and i was trying to keep the max for at least 5 more years...
wow...
i'm so freakin pissed
and i thought it was only me...
Old 11-24-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm a Happy Man!

tony there is alot of us out there but no one really want to share there experience but hang in there fellas we going to be alright. (i hope)
Old 11-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Make the dumb girl that hit you pay for it.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:35 PM
Nightmare = Reality

The car still runs awesome but if you're anything like me, driving around with the headlight duct-taped in it's socket is just an embarassment, mostly because first thing someone thinks when they see that is either a)BAD DRIVER STAY AWAY, or b)wow, doesn't that idiot take care of his car?

..in either case, it's really bothersome.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm a Happy Man!

i feel the same way. i just started to learn to drive with scatches on my back bumper, but duct tape for me would be a no no man
Old 11-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Pointy Elbows

Wow, that sucks man. Keep the car and have her pay for the damages.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:17 AM
Cletus

its actually a test for your relationship
Old 11-25-2006, 07:48 AM
USF Class of 2009

Originally Posted by soonerfan
its actually a test for your relationship
I would agree with that. (Un)fortunately, how you handle this may show her how you'll handle other things in your relationship. /advice

Regardless, good luck on getting your repairs! Keep in mind that even though she's got a little cosmetic problem, she still runs strong.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Nightmare = Reality

thanx everyone for their support. her stepfather is a retired ford exec so dropped a comment on getting me a deal on a new ford product (we bs with the brother-in-law about cars so it comes up before the accident) and this + milage getting up there always makes me think. funnily enough, i scoured the catalogue of ford products, and only found 2-3 models that compares to the maxima, ignoring products I'd actually want.
a) 07 Lincoln MKZ
b) 07 Volvo S60 T5
really the only 2 that COMPARE imo.
i could land a mazdaspeed3 or an rx-8 i suppose; but to the detriment of practicality i think.

I think the bottom line is that I still love my max, so i think the end result may have me sticking with it at least until the 7th gens show up. who knows then?
Old 11-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Hoooper

do you REALLY want a ford product? seriously. itd be better to keep the max and even leave the bumper that way, it will still last longer than the ford.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

man you cant replace the maxina, theres nothing like it. too bad she hit your car, i would of slapped her. well.... maybe not. but yeah ive been into a couple minor fender benders, but theres something about maximas i just love, keep her. you dont want that ugly old mans lincoln, or the volvo.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Nightmare = Reality

well, quality reports actually show lincoln and lexus with the fewest report problems, but its not so simple as bailing on my current car for something else. I enjoy the design philosophy on the max too, so I'm still holding onto my car for now.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

it was an accident... her insurance will pay for it.. and you will now how mych you love her and vicecersa......
Old 11-26-2006, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by getbigtony
wow.. back in april i got a whole new front bumper and painted my whole car.. last month i was involved in a hit and run...last week some guy hit my rear end.. today my sisters boyfriend drove my car and left it in gear, so when i remote started it, it ran into my dads car and my whole front bumper is smased and headlight fawked...
wow... and i was trying to keep the max for at least 5 more years...
wow...
i'm so freakin pissed
and i thought it was only me...
UPDATE: i think my starter went today.... lovely.. its sittin right outiside my gf's house...