5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Need Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 02:37 PM

Need Help!!!!

No Flame Please..I didnt search for this...
A Couple of days ago i notice this 'CLICK' around the shifter area everytime i hit on the brakes. This occurs only on low speeds around 10-15 MPH. Trans is working properly, I just cannot figure the cause of this click...AGAIn the click only happens when i hit the brakes no matter if the car is On P,N,or D it still clicks. I just want to know if any of you guys have experienced this problem before or have any ideas regarding the problem. I will be taking my car for service SOON so i will mention that issue to them. By the way i still got factory warranty. THANKS GUYS
Old 11-27-2006, 04:08 PM

BUMP anyone!!
Old 11-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Is there any resistance to it? Perhaps what you're hearing is the switch that activates your break lights. You're going so slow (or if stopped, no where) so that other noises are not drowning out that benign sound.

Try driving the car without the radio on; it'd be enough to make you a hypochondriac.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:31 PM
VaporHead

It's probably the release switch for your shifter. Your brake will disengage that shifter lock. You can hear mine if it's quiet enough.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:47 PM

VRod No there is no resistance it happens smoothly....Anyway I feel much better now knowing that is something normal!!! THANKS GUYS